List Mgmt. 2020 List management.

Good and not so good news. Didn’t want to lose Darcy Guttridge. She’s young and still has potential, after an injury interrupted time at the Pies.

And she kicks goals - a skill in apparent short supply at the Pies.

Wonder who has poached them? Darcy a bust at pick 5 just two years ago.

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2019-04-09/seven-is-heaven-pies-recommit-for-2020
“We can appreciate Darcy’s and Iilish’s decision to seek further opportunities elsewhere and thank them for their contribution to our club,” Woodlands-Thompson said.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/04...re-signs-for-2020-two-youngsters-depart-club/
Guttridge was a high draft pick back in 2017, the fifth Victorian selected after Isabel Huntington (Bulldogs), Chloe Molloy (Collingwood), Monique Conti (Bulldogs) and Eden Zanker (Melbourne). Highlighting the quality of the draft, the next two Victorians taken were Jenna Bruton (Bulldogs) and Georgia Gee (Carlton)

Yeah, I liked her too. But she obviously has her reasons. Maybe she felt she would get more opportunity somewhere else. Or a fresh start.

Then still not a very good look then.

Same Problems as last 2 Trade Periods

3rd Monkey

Debutant
Mar 14, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Green Bay, Liverpool
Stop being so pessimistic Dave - glass half full mate! :)

If we can keep Lambert & Brazill (Molloy has re-signed it seems) as well as our top draftees from last year then I’d say that’s pretty good.

Stop being so pessimistic Dave - glass half full mate! :)

If we can keep Lambert & Brazill (Molloy has re-signed it seems) as well as our top draftees from last year then I’d say that’s pretty good.

Well sorry about losing a Young Gun😤

Danny Frawley also in contention appartantely..

Do you know if he has any coaching credentials beyond having played the men’s game decades ago and having been a footy media personality pretty much ever since? Has he done his coaching certificates?

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Sweating on Brazill re-signing! If Goddard is available as a coach we'd be nuts not to pursue her. Her record speaks for itself. Also interesting news on the Graves front to bolster the footy department, if that eventuates. These are people with strong grounding in womans football, something we didn't previously respect enough. Thats the way to build.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Do you know if he has any coaching credentials beyond having played the men’s game decades ago and having been a footy media personality pretty much ever since? Has he done his coaching certificates?

He was senior coach at Richmond for a long time, starting in 2000. Also assistant at Hawthorn and St Kilda. Left coaching in 2014. Who knows if he has his coaching tickets but youd assume so.

I dont think its a good move. We need people that intimately know the womans game. We didnt do that when we started and it was a mistake. Lets not repeat it.

1554902781131.png

He was senior coach at Richmond for a long time, starting in 2000. Also assistant at Hawthorn and St Kilda. Left coaching in 2014. Who knows if he has his coaching tickets but youd assume so.

I dont think its a good move. We need people that intimately know the womans game. We didnt do that when we started and it was a mistake. Lets not repeat it.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/wo...h/news-story/fd4be634c01e1cf4fc6ab55ab7eb8abb
It is understood Frawley’s role as coach of Old Haileybury Women at suburban level has reignited his passion for coaching 15 years after he resigned at Punt Road.

The 1988 all-Australian and Saints Hall of Fame inductee led Old Haileybury to a premiership last year and remains highly regarded in local circles for his enthusiasm and passion.

Also interesting news on the Graves front to bolster the footy department, if that eventuates.
Graves also has coaching experience. Eade and Fagan both went from the footy dept to coaching in recent years, although it doesn't seem she's in the mix for our coaching gig.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-06-23/graves-to-oversee-womens-footy
Returning to Victoria from Western Australia, her list of achievements includes coaching back-to-back premierships at Swan Districts, leading the women’s AFL International Rules team and being a long-standing Board member of the Victorian Women’s Football League.

Taking charge of the education and community programs at Swan Districts Football Club, Graves has been the General Manager of the V Swans for the past 10 years, focusing on developing regional and Indigenous talent. Under her leadership, this initiative has grown to become one the most successful football programs in Western Australia.

Last edited:
I dont think its a good move.

Agree.

We need people that intimately know the womans game. We didnt do that when we started and it was a mistake. Lets not repeat it.

IIRC Wayne Siekman came from coaching girls. Gubby Allen didn’t get involved at all (I went to a function where he said exactly that - he was spending a lot more of his time setting up netball) and he left it to Hutchins to run (who had come from playing women’s AFL). Don’t know how much Geoff Walsh got involved when it was under him, but can’t imagine it would have been much. I can’t imagine Emerson interfering with the women’s game.

It’s strange - I know when the comp started it took our club a while to adjust to it being different to the men’s game, but given the management structures we had around the women’s comp I can’t imagine how that came to be.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
View attachment 652071

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/wo...h/news-story/fd4be634c01e1cf4fc6ab55ab7eb8abb

Graves also has coaching experience. Eade and Fagan both went from the footy dept to coaching in recent years, although it doesn't seem she's in the mix for our coaching gig.

https://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-06-23/graves-to-oversee-womens-footy

Graves I was thinking more on the football dept side of things. We need to bolster our whole womans program. From players, to coaches to the footy department.

Graves I was thinking more on the football dept side of things. We need to bolster our whole womans program. From players, to coaches to the footy department.

We’ve only recently appointed Woodlands-Thompson to be head of our women’s program

Back