List Mgmt. 2020 List management.

Remove this Banner Ad

No Brazill or Rowe? This team just can't take a trick.

Brazill was just on AFL360. When asked about Carlton’s interest in her - as part of the swap for Davey - she wasn’t exactly clear. Didn’t catch it all but I did hear her speak positively about Daniel Hartford, the Carlton coach. Another one we let go! Very frustrating.

Brazill was just on AFL360. When asked about Carlton’s interest in her - as part of the swap for Davey - she wasn’t exactly clear. Didn’t catch it all but I did hear her speak positively about Daniel Hartford, the Carlton coach. Another one we let go! Very frustrating.

So is she going to Leave the Netball team as well as I doubt we would want someone who plays for Carlton on the AFL Team?

At lest we getting a Good Player back and not just a Draft Pick

She also did say it would be hard to keep the netball up if she was at another club because of training loads the fitness guy can pull her out if shes doing to much
and yes she was as clear as mud

EDIT when I first saw her I thought good she'll say she's re-signing

I'd prefer to keep Brazill than get Davey. If we add our pick 2 that's just dumb.

I'd prefer to keep Brazill than get Davey. If we add our pick 2 that's just dumb.

I would keep Brazil but IF she wants to leave then want someone we know is a Really Good Player and Maybe on a Young Lady that will take awhile to be that good

So is she going to Leave the Netball team as well as I doubt we would want someone who plays for Carlton on the AFL Team?

At lest we getting a Good Player back and not just a Draft Pick

Not sure about any of that TD. But I got a strong sense that she is a netballer first, and a footy player second. That seemed to be her priority.

What do you think lyfsux? Hard for us to take any comfort from that interview?

Not sure about any of that TD. But I got a strong sense that she is a netballer first, and a footy player second. That seemed to be her priority.

What do you think lyfsux? Hard for us to take any comfort from that interview?

Then Hopefully she decided to just stick with Netball then

She did attend anzac day game yesterday with her parents in her collingwood stuff. Not that it implies anything. But the fact she wasn't in our resignings is indeed very concerning.

Well she plays for netball team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Womens.afl understands Collingwood has handed over a first, second and third-round pick in return for the star onballer.
Fourth-round selections have also been exchanged, while Carlton has also traded its fifth-round pick to its cross-town rivals.

It's a lot of picks for one player. Probably has more to do with her value to them and being captain more than anything.
From memory it’s basically what we got in return for Stevens.

I wonder if the Bear is happy about this?

ea41b34e0b236d739a6dab2d436324c6
Brianna Davey at Ikon Park. Picture: Alex Coppel
AFLW
Carlton AFLW captain Brianna Davey traded to Collingwood
Lauren Wood, Herald Sun
19 minutes ago
Subscriber only
Carlton skipper Brianna Davey is officially a Magpie after a hefty pick swap with Collingwood.
The Blues had resisted giving Davey — who requested a trade to the Holden Centre after leading her team to the AFLW grand final — up easily, with a deal being struck today that sees Collingwood hand a first, second and third-round pick over for Davey and a fifth-round pick.

Carlton received picks 2, 26, 44 and 59 in the deal, with the Pies getting Davey and picks 67 and 82.
Davey had been travelling in Bali with her now-former teammates and arrived back in Melbourne this morning.
The star midfielder — who missed most of last season with an ACL injury — was courted by the Pies at the end of the 2018 season, but was convinced by Blues coach Daniel Harford to stay at Ikon Park.

Harford said today that commitment was key for the Blues going forward.
“Brianna was a good player at our football club during her time here and brought a lot to Carlton during the first three seasons of our program,” he said.
“This group was so close to the ultimate success last season and to take the next step we need a fully committed playing group, striving for the same goal.
“We saw this year the immediate impact draftees can have in the AFLW competition with Maddy Prespakis, Jayde Van Dyk, Charlotte Wilson and Jess

similars
“Add to that the fact we’ve had 21 players re-sign to remain in navy blue tells you how focused this group is on continuing to build something special and achieve success together.”
Prespakis, who won the Rising Star and All-Australian selection in her debut year, signed for two years, along with eight other Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back