List Mgmt. 2020 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Article on the afl website says Rance could be placed in the inactive list allowing us to take a pre season SPP or a mid season pick but Balmey said we're not thinking of that option :think:

Surely if there is an opportunity to take another Pickett in the mid season draft, we'd take it. Unless....
But if Rance was to decide to come back then we could not play him and would have to wait for 2021

I wonder if we're over rating half of these new draught picks. It is quite probable they've just been taken as salary cap relief.

I wonder if we're over rating half of these new draught picks. It is quite probable they've just been taken as salary cap relief.

I doubt it works that way.
You draft in the hope of all of them adding value … and you have to draft a certain number every year.
A poor draft can set you back … sometimes years.

So with the majority of Rances 2020 money not being paid to him I'd love to see the club share the cash around among those second tier players who have taken a little less in recent years to top them up this year and then use the 2021 coin to target a free agent.

going by Konrad marshess books everything the club does these days is about achieving sustained success for the foreseeable future

drafting duds for a future salary cap dump goes against everything the club stands for these days

That would be absolutely terrible. Imagine our squad was 30 players last season with all those injuries. Our season would’ve been a shipwreck

Reckon we could afford to cut a few off the list. I highly doubt guys like English, Miller, Aarts, Markov, etc. ever play a(nother) game for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit of click bait by the AFL to stir up the waters for no particularly good purpose. The Clubs would be united in their opposition as would the Players Association to the proposition of removing 180 potential AFL positions from the competition. And there would be no savings to Clubs either as the salary pool would simply be distributed to a reduced number of recipients.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back