List Mgmt. 2020 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every ruck division would take a massive hit losing their #1 guy.

Any any team that wouldn't struggle losing their #1 ruck is spending too much money on their ruck division.

I don't think Pittonet is thaaaaat bad. Guy is serviceable, much better than Phillips and Lobbe.

Every ruck division would take a massive hit losing their #1 guy.
I think Pittonet is barely better than an injury ravaged Lobbe, but not a remotely fit Lobbe. I want us to acquire proper ruck project, because I feel we're converting a forward/ruck into a ruck, and his style of attacking the centre bounce is not sustainable in that role, and his style of positioning at the other ruck stoppages is not good enough to try and at least break things even.

Great on the deck and great straight line speed, but plays way more like a key forward first and foremost. Bulking him up to win ruck contests diminishes his best attributes IMO.

I think TDK is less than 18 months away from starting as the number 1 ruckman
I know what seems to be happening, but I think they need to stop avoiding the issue and give him a lot of ruck time in the VFL this year so everyone can realise it's not his position just because he's over 200 cm.

I know what seems to be happening, but I think they need to stop avoiding the issue and give him a lot of ruck time in the VFL this year so everyone can realise it's not his position just because he's over 200 cm.

I think the club has so far made a clear statement with their actions.

Another year older Krooz and Levi. Lobbe and Phillips gone, but only one replacement in Pittonet who at best is servicable

TDK is a modern day ruck/forward and if he only reaches Sinclair type output, the team is much more balanced and dangerous

I think Pittonet is barely better than an injury ravaged Lobbe, but not a remotely fit Lobbe. I want us to acquire proper ruck project, because I feel we're converting a forward/ruck into a ruck, and his style of attacking the centre bounce is not sustainable in that role, and his style of positioning at the other ruck stoppages is not good enough to try and at least break things even.

Great on the deck and great straight line speed, but plays way more like a key forward first and foremost. Bulking him up to win ruck contests diminishes his best attributes IMO.

What do you see as TDK's best position and how would he fit into the team?

english could be anything.............
Not sure you have that right Jim. I rate English highly, in fact, very, very high.
I do as well, but he's only just past 90kgs, and he is also way more agile and has better reach and read than TDK.

Tim English is a midfielder that's been vertically stretched and worth developing as a ruck. TDK is a talented key forward who is taller than average and has a good vertical leap.

What do you see as TDK's best position and how would he fit into the team?
Forward/ruck, and I'd never have traded for McGovern.

So, is he a developing ruckman or is he a tall forward who can play tomorrow? At 184 cm tall, I would have thought that was a bit short for either. :think:

Well none of them are ruckmen.

In terms of tall forwards, you have to take the club for their word if they say Mckay will be ready come round 1. With Casboult and McGovern, there's enough tall timber in the forward half already. If one of them went down due to injury, JSOS and Kennedy could fill the void as the third tall, but there's also the option of going smaller too. Five tall options provides enough depth in terms of key forwards, even with Kemp and Charlie currently unavailable.

Just feel the depth of our smaller forwards isn't as strong as other lines. The talent in our midfield and defense is obvious, so I'm not going to rehash what's already been discussed by others. However, we're probably starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel should a small forward get injured.

Betts, Martin, Fisher and Gibbons will hold their own, but should injuries arise, our depth players including Lang, Owies, Polson (currently down back according to training reports but may end up being required forward), Honey and Phillips. All these guys have potential, but are unproven. A bit more depth here wouldn't go astray.

Note: Classifying players such as Dow and Cuningham as midfielders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Callum Moore will travel to Perth to play against Fremantle.
He did nothing last week and can’t play.
Yet Liddle, Agresta and Lloyd get their man a game ahead of one of our kids.
No conflict!!!!

Ricky, we played close to 40 players last week, we know what the majority are capable of producing.

This is a good hitout to top up certain players, while allowing others to audition

Moore, Cunico, Sturgess

Get over it

I thought you had to be on the list to play Marsh?

To be fair Moore has plenty of potential. Wouldn't be a bad pick up for the VFL team also

The insistence on Moore is worrying. Tells me Curnow is rooted and Harry might be a touch worse than they've let on.

Luckily McLovin is looking great and we've got the best back up fwd/back/ruck/stud in the game. In a perfect world it's Sturgess but it's about winning games now.

Callum Moore will travel to Perth to play against Fremantle.
He did nothing last week and can’t play.
Yet Liddle, Agresta and Lloyd get their man a game ahead of one of our kids.
No conflict!!!!

I don't mind seeing this.

Moore played as a forward in the mini match simulation (10 minute quarters) at the end of the practice match.

Collingwood had a lot more control over the play during this time, so his opportunities were limited.

The more data we have on the potential top up players the better :p

The insistence on Moore is worrying. Tells me Curnow is rooted and Harry might be a touch worse than they've let on.

Luckily McLovin is looking great and we've got the best back up fwd/back/ruck/stud in the game. In a perfect world it's Sturgess but it's about winning games now.

Don't think so.

In fairness to Moore, he's a really athletic player and has potential. There's a chance he could do a Liam Jones.

Don't think so.

In fairness to Moore, he's a really athletic player and has potential. There's a chance he could do a Liam Jones.

I'm just not a huge fan. I hope he proves me wrong as I think it will be his spot.

Surely there is something better in the state leagues if we're looking for a quick fix forward. I know the WAFL has a few mature big guys waiting for a go. We may find the next Ben Brown in passing a potential Liam Jones.

None of the other delisted tall forwards have shown much either, so Moore is a reasonable option

The only other option may have been Sproule
Liked Sproule from what I saw in the TAC finals 3 years ago. Would prefer to see what he could do ahead of Moore who is a limited footballer who uses his pace to get on the end of good passages of play upfield. Doesn't beat his man.

None of the other delisted tall forwards have shown much either, so Moore is a reasonable option

The only other option may have been Sproule

I feel that what our forward line needs is a disrupter, someone that puts the defensive zones into disarray. Charlie and harry and MM can beat their man easily but less easily, a well organised zone defence. Eddie is reportedly creating space with his disruption, but we need others- eddie cant do it alone. Maybe a Moore type can do this- he certainly has the athleticism to provide a mobile target, but does he have the smarts?

I feel that what our forward line needs is a disrupter, someone that puts the defensive zones into disarray. Charlie and harry and MM can beat their man easily but less easily, a well organised zone defence. Eddie is reportedly creating space with his disruption, but we need others- eddie cant do it alone. Maybe a Moore type can do this- he certainly has the athleticism to provide a mobile target, but does he have the smarts?

Don't think Moore is a dumb footballer, just limited in certain areas, which is not unlike many current players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back