List Mgmt. 2020 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's already been stated that he'll be out for half the season and it's not as if our other talls are exactly match fit at this stage. Bringing in another tall forward makes sense, even if the details aren't perfect.
Also might be as simple as they'll pick whoever of the three they think is the best player, regardless of position.

I find it hard to say as to what exactly what the best option may be.

If CCurnow and McKay are well behind expected recovery rates, then I'd sooner TDK forward than Moore, allowing BSilvagni to play forward in the NB's.......but who knows, as it's clear that it's not an easy decision for the CFC right now.

Which might well be how it pans out, but it leaves the VFL side shorthanded as well.

If we list Moore, I don't think it will be so he can slot in ahead of guys like Casboult, TDK, Pittonet in senior considerations. Just so that if we need to lean on those guys, we can still play a functional forward line in the ressies. And the carrot is dangled for Moore to perform well, because if he really impresses he could get a look in at the top level and potentially a spot on the list beyond this year.

And we weaken Coburg while we're at it...

If CCurnow and McKay are well behind expected recovery rates, then I'd sooner TDK forward than Moore, allowing BSilvagni to play forward in the NB's.......but who knows, as it's clear that it's not an easy decision for the CFC right now.
Easy one for me, give TDK first crack.

Not sure if you've been to the main board recently, Plowy, but it appears Richmond's premiership side contained the 22 best players of all time.

Pretty sure...
I went there once......just the once.....

I completely forgot about that option and was thinking Ben Silvagni was next in line. With that in mind, I'd probably prefer we take a punt on Sturgess.

Just saw highlights of Callum in his under 18 days. Woeful kick. In my eyes should be overlooked
That is the correct assessment of his highlights, but the action was clean, he just needed to iron out the ball drop and his judgement. Kid has athleticism for days, and would be along the lines of how Stringer might play if he was more of a natural runner than a key forward type.

Here's some more recent stuff:

Historically good against us, but I was interested in getting him as a rookie back in his draft year. He is 100% worth a look, but I suspect at this stage he would be signing for the VFL team, if anything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might be drawing a long bow here from limited vision, but I see lots of similarities both physically and in game style between Jordan Cunico and Dylan Stephens.

Both a similar height, provide good zip, both have nice dual sided disposal, both are long kicking and both predominantly link up on the outside.

If AR can get his injury issues to be managed, he could be a nice consolation prize IMO.

It's already been stated that he'll be out for half the season and it's not as if our other talls are exactly match fit at this stage. Bringing in another tall forward makes sense, even if the details aren't perfect.

Doesn't matter if he's a tall forward if he's simply not AFL standard.

I'd much rather go with a makeshift forward line of AFL quality players than play someone sub-par just because he's tall.
A forward line of Casboult/Gov/JSOS/Kennedy should be able to do the job until McKay & Charlie return. McKay could still make round 1.

Doesn't matter if he's a tall forward if he's simply not AFL standard.

I'd much rather go with a makeshift forward line of AFL quality players than play someone sub-par just because he's tall.
A forward line of Casboult/Gov/JSOS/Kennedy should be able to do the job until McKay & Charlie return. McKay could still make round 1.
That's to be determined, isn't it? You are making assumptions just as much as I am.

fwiw, on SEN earlier this week, Andy M and Bob had a brief discussion about the four players training with us.

Andy of course was fizzing at the bung of another Blues draft prospect, but Bob was saying that he doesn't know a lot about the other three, but rates Webb highly....basically thinks that if he can overcome his past injuries, he could have a long AFL career. Was squeezed out of the Woofer's midfield because of sheer weight of numbers.

Personally, I think Webb will get the final spot unless he breaks down over the next few weeks...although Moore could be a smoky if the club are concerned with Chuck's injury and are looking for a KPF back up.

fwiw, on SEN earlier this week, Andy M and Bob had a brief discussion about the four players training with us.

Andy of course was fizzing at the bung of another Blues draft prospect, but Bob was saying that he doesn't know a lot about the other three, but rates Webb highly....basically thinks that if he can overcome his past injuries, he could have a long AFL career. Was squeezed out of the Woofer's midfield because of sheer weight of numbers.

Personally, I think Webb will get the final spot unless he breaks down over the next few weeks...although Moore could be a smoky if the club are concerned with Chuck's injury and are looking for a KPF back up.

Never a good sign when a bloke that was involved in the decision in being cut from your previous club arrives at the club you’re trying to get drafted into, though injuries like his certainly didn’t assist.

Could be a horses for courses on player type. Where is Webb likely to fit in, midfielder or HBF...? Left boot doesn’t hurt.

Never a good sign when a bloke that was involved in the decision in being cut from your previous club arrives at the club you’re trying to get drafted into, though injuries like his certainly didn’t assist.

Could be a horses for courses on player type. Where is Webb likely to fit in, midfielder or HBF...? Left boot doesn’t hurt.

Sounds like a conflict of Int..... nah forget about it

:D:thumbsu:

Is/will C. Curnow on the LTI list, and could there be a 2nd spot available?
The AFL media are reporting that we've put Kemp down as an LTI (correct move), but that this somehow gives us a free list spot if we want?

Kemp isn't out for the season, and acquiring a new player would make this so until we had another LTI. Are they expecting to juggle long-term injury listings until the end of the year?

I wouldn't be making that move unless I knew Charlie was out until round 15 (which I do not think is the case, at all).

The AFL media are reporting that we've put Kemp down as an LTI (correct move), but that this somehow gives us a free list spot if we want?

Kemp isn't out for the season, and acquiring a new player would make this so until we had another LTI. Are they expecting to juggle long-term injury listings until the end of the year?

I wouldn't be making that move unless I knew Charlie was out until round 15 (which I do not think is the case, at all).
Ok but doesn't a LTI only need to stand out for 8 weeks?
You cannot go on to LTI after round 18.

Ok but doesn't a LTI only need to stand out for 8 weeks?
You cannot go on to LTI after round 18.
It used to be 12, I'm not sure currently.

EDIT: Just checked, you're right: it's 8 weeks as of 2017.

My understanding with Kemp is that he's probably going to be ready to start playing in the VFL around May-June, July at the latest. Are we really going to put him in cotton wool for 8-12 weeks of the season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back