List Mgmt. 2020 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, you'd have a very valid point if this were a regular season.

Not so much when there's 3 months between rounds 1 and 2. There is no relevant form to consider.
Jeremias, I get your point but you still have to reward form whether it’s from 8 weeks ago or training form over the next couple of weeks. Best available doesn’t cut it with me. A player may have come back from the break and not have done all his program and be over weight but still be available to play to play. Fit and inform is critical. It’s integrity of selection.
Let’s agree to disagree.

I'm sorry, but Charlie is a better mark across the board and is pretty bloody good at pack marking. Charlie has also kicked 5 goals in a game, something Levi has never done; Charlie has kicked 34 goals in a season before, something Levi has only done once as the focal point of a non-existent forward line. Levi is also 30; Charlie is 23.

His versatility and his ability to stay out there is terrific, and he's become quite a good player. But he's not the second most valuable player on the list.
Charlie not worth much to us atm ;)

It’s a bloody funny one because if we have a full list and Cas is out we wouldn’t really miss him imo but the fact he can cover for us in the ruck, KPF and KPD makes him bloody important on our list. Right at this second the only player I think we would be dramatically worse without is Cripps. Doc too if he gets back to his best. I’m hoping by the end of this season we have a few more pivotal players.
(Weitering is but Cas and Jones at FB and CHB with Marchbank and Plowman helping out we should still be able to cover him to an extent)
Hence the reason for my post

Levi is good depth, but isn't even best 22.

Should have traded him at the end of last year when his value was an all time high

What are we getting for a 30 year old career role player?

I’m not sure his value on the trade table would be anywhere as high as you may think.

He’d be far more valuable to us than to any other side.

What are we getting for a 30 year old career role player?

I’m not sure his value on the trade table would be anywhere as high as you may think.

He’d be far more valuable to us than to any other side.

Yeah and off the rookie list . You are only as good as your last year. And loyal to boot. He is primed to go this year .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did anyone say Simpson? Think he still makes the 22 ahead of Levi, sure different positions. But I would play as a shorter team overall, just to have Simpson in my team.

At last years trade period l kept thinking Essendon should have traded Daniher and taken Levi. He could have played forward or even back to free up another defender like hooker to play forward. Also provide some backup ruck they were looking for.

Because of Levi’s utility l was amazed another club with key position issues didn’t come calling. I think he’s under valued throughout the league.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

If I was a footballer, from this point on, I'd want my playing gig to based on x number of available seasons rather than from date y to date z. Some unlucky footballers are going to find it difficult to reverse their chances of continuing beyond this season given the difficulty of a start-stop-start leadup; and they've presumably given up a significant share of their earnings for this season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was a footballer, from this point on, I'd want my playing gig to based on x number of available seasons rather than from date y to date z. Some unlucky footballers are going to find it difficult to reverse their chances of continuing beyond this season given the difficulty of a start-stop-start leadup; and they've presumably given up a significant share of their earnings for this season.

Players set to take home 71% of normal salary this year.

Drops to 63% if no more footy.

That's a decent chunk to forgo, but still most would be doing ok.

Players set to take home 71% of normal salary this year.

Drops to 63% if no more footy.

That's a decent chunk to forgo, but still most would be doing ok.
Yeh I don’t think we are going to see any players clothes shopping at Kmart any time soon, though it could possibly make some of the lower paid players more open to a trade now they are more aware/awakened to financial stability.

I feel about Newnes the way I did about Kerridge, but there is one important difference - Our squad needs to be developed and we all had an idea that Newnes would likely take the place of maybe an O'Brien, Williamson, or possibly even Fisher or Dow.

When you sign someone for three years, you don't sign them on to play reserves football.
I didn't mind taking on Newnes but did have these reservations in place. We'll just have to see how it plays out, but we can hardly blame Newnes for being selected.

Damn.....I thought it was next week we see he teams. Another fortnight to wait. Came here too early :)

Did we really sign Newnes for 3 years ? 😱

Did we really sign Newnes for 3 years ? 😱

Had a quick look and couldn't find it, but the talk was that the Saints had 2 years on the table and we offered 3.....This could be false though.
Talking about players - Darcy Lang; Still don't see him as a Carlton player and easy to forget he's even there.

We certainly did throw darts at many former first rounders and hardly hit anything remotely a bulls-eye; Gorringe, Pickett, Sumner, Smedts, Palmer, Garlett.
I guess we paid peanuts and got......

We certainly did throw darts at many former first rounders and hardly hit anything remotely a bulls-eye; Gorringe, Pickett, Sumner, Smedts, Palmer, Garlett.
I guess we paid peanuts and got......
Thats the part of our list management that has frustrated me the most. Plenty of 'lesser lights types that we either missed or didn't seriously consider who have gone on to be strong players at other clubs.

Thats the part of our list management that has frustrated me the most. Plenty of 'lesser lights types that we either missed or didn't seriously consider who have gone on to be strong players at other clubs.

I'm not concerned about those players, even taking Fasolo into account.
Just pointing out that all those former first round picks amounted to very little in the end, but not many of those players chose to give their all for the club.

I don't think this will be the case though with Newnes, as it wasn't for Kerridge. If they don't work out then that's fine, but at least with these types, they won't bring down the tone of the whole. (I can include Shaw and Mullett here also, as players who just rolled out on the day, because they had to)

Newnes is a serious player and could add to the club, even if he does have to spend time playing VFL.

I don't think they'll get a first rounder...Sydney's contract likely to be a low base and heavily performance incentive based.

The guy will be an OOC FA, asked to leave two years in a row and barely played a game in 3 years by the end of the year...he's not worth that much.
With the fact that Buddy is now having soft tissue injuries at 33 I think the Swans will be more desperate to secure Daniher come the end of the year and will back there medicos to get him back to his AA form pre groin issues, Essendon and DoDo will as usual play hardball in terms of letting him move so Sydney have to offer enough money to stop Essenscum from matching the bid which will automatically lift the compo pick to first round, is he worth it? fully fit absolutely he’s worth it and Sydney will back themselves to get him there. The other option is a trade which with Dodo in charge just won’t happen so he will be at Sydney next year and yes Essenscum will most probably get a first Rd compo pick. He’s a restricted free agent so Essenscum can match the offer and keep him, hence Sydney won’t be able to offer peanuts and will have to offer descent coin.

Last edited:
With the fact that Buddy is now having soft tissue injuries at 33 I think the Swans will be more desperate to secure Daniher come the end of the year and will back there medicos to get him back to his AA form pre groin issues, Essendon and DoDo will as usual play hardball in terms of letting him move so Sydney have to offer enough money to stop Essenscum from matching the bid which will automatically lift the compo pick to first round, is he worth it? fully fit absolutely he’s worth it and Sydney will back themselves to get him there. The other option is a trade which with Dodo in charge just won’t happen so he will be at Sydney next year and yes Essenscum will most probably get a first Rd compo pick. He’s a restricted free agent so Essenscum can match the offer and keep him, hence Sydney won’t be able to offer peanuts and will have to offer descent coin.
It will be interesting to see who Dodoro targets if Daniher does leave. You'd think Wines would be a good fit, but J Cameron is a nice upgrade on Daniher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back