List Mgmt. 2020 List Management

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think you may have missed the original criteria

Which players, left a club, being best 22, to play in their supposed preferred role and still best 22 at their new club

All of those players continued in their same roles

Ah sorry I was thinking it was a bit easy.

Averaging just shy of 21 disposals a game as a small forward?

He would have been AA on those numbers

Look I don't profess to remember this first hand - but have a read of the article Stamos sent - clearly states he was playing as a small forward in his last two years, and yes averaging (agreeably a very impressive) 20 odd disposals...

The 23-year-old missed nine games last year after having his left knee operated on early in the season, but hasn't missed a match in 2017, kicking nine goals and averaging 20.8 possessions per game playing as a small forward.

He would play as a hff that would rotate through the middle - not drastically different to the role he plays with the Bombers.
Given that he's the closest thing to the counterpoint, I'd say that your point is valid.

So long story short, players who are best 22, don’t leave clubs and become best 22 In a role they think they suit better, except potentially on the very odd occasion and not really something we should particularly worry about.

Move on, it’s a ridiculous notion.

My memory of it was that he was a forward at the Giants, and left because he wanted to play midfield.

The article on the Giants website states he was playing as a small forward.
If that's not enough evidence for you, then fine. Whatever.

Okay, let's make it easy, I will concede he played purely as a small forward only and never spent one single minute, anytime at all, through the middle

So, 1 player in 800 odd, in the last 3 years?

Let's say it's 1 in a year

Let's go further 6 a year over 800 odd players

If that's the case, why are people suggesting it's going to be an area of concern?

Okay, let's make it easy, I will concede he played purely as a small forward only and never spent one single minute, anytime at all, through the middle

So, 1 player in 800 odd, in the last 3 years?

Let's say it's 1 in a year

Let's go further 6 a year over 800 odd players

If that's the case, why are people suggesting it's going to be an area of concern?

I think the worry is for a guy like Fish...Teague said in his pre-game last week that Fish wasn't happy being told he would be played as a forward...whilst he also said that he turned that attitude around, if Fish genuinely wants to be a mid, and we don't want him as a mid, there will be a number of clubs that would promise him his desired positional change I would have thought...

But you are right that we have bigger fish to fry (pun intended)...

I think the worry is for a guy like Fish...Teague said in his pre-game last week that Fish wasn't happy being told he would be played as a forward...whilst he also said that he turned that attitude around, if Fish genuinely wants to be a mid, and we don't want him as a mid, there will be a number of clubs that would promise him his desired positional change I would have thought...

But you are right that we have bigger fish to fry (pun intended)...

Agreed

Think you may have missed the original criteria

Which players, left a club, being best 22, to play in their supposed preferred role and still best 22 at their new club

All of those players continued in their same roles

This is actually a fun game, let me play!

Here's who I could think of who hasn't been named:

Jack Newnes (not the best example but was being played forward at the Saints before coming here to play on a wing)

Blake Acres (jury is still out but I believe he can be a gun on a wing/in the mids instead of up forward where he was at the Saints)

James Aish (Playing on a wing as opposed to off of half back)

Lachie Weller (played half back, now a full time mid)

Hugh Greenwood (played a bit of mid at the crows but was mostly a medium forward)

Tom Mitchell (still playing mid but was reduced to a tagging role in Sydney's midfield, wanted to be the clear no. 1. Technically doesn't count but I'm taking it)

Jack Steele (was played forward at GWS)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bang for buck, would take Rowbottom over Papley right now
He looks pretty good

Meanwhile Papley’s last couple of games haven’t been at the standard of the rest of this year... taking his value for us? Hahaha

He’s obviously not doing that, but he’s missed quite a few getable goals the last fortnight. And yeah, I like Rowbottom.

He looks pretty good

Meanwhile Papley’s last couple of games haven’t been at the standard of the rest of this year... taking his value for us? Hahaha

He’s obviously not doing that, but he’s missed quite a few getable goals the last fortnight. And yeah, I like Rowbottom.

No doubt Papley is still quality

Hope Austin has a similar mantra and doesn't buy while value is high

Plenty of good options out there that are undervalued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back