Toast 2020 Marsh Community Series - Footy returns to Moorabbin

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 25, 2008
Aisle 38
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
LFC, #DubNation, Storm
Geez I reckon they're underestimating how popular this will be. I went to last year's intraclub and that was only 3 or 4k and it was super busy.

New coach, new faces, hopefully a positive pre-season narrative, first pre-season hitout. If the weather is good, it will be madness.

I cant wait!!!

Geez I reckon they're underestimating how popular this will be. I went to last year's intraclub and that was only 3 or 4k and it was super busy.

New coach, new faces, hopefully a positive pre-season narrative, first pre-season hitout. If the weather is good, it will be madness.

I cant wait!!!

I still remember pre grand final open training in 2009 or 2010, you had to walk from Bentleigh just about. The parking was a shocker.

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
I still remember pre grand final open training in 2009 or 2010, you had to walk from Bentleigh just about. The parking was a shocker.
Stay on this side of the highway, park up near the primary school and use the overpass and walk up to the ground.

Widdop crescent runs into Dane road you get into Widdop off bluff road, I was at a cricket match there a couple of weeks ago reminiscing about the good old days at Moorabbin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had an easy time by train, admittedly it took 3 of them and 2 hours but by golly I got there. And early for prime position.

All about pre planning and knowing full well "today is going to be 4 hours transit for 30mins of yay" then you can get angry after acceptance and go full cycle FTW.

I reckon you could get 10-15k in there pretty easily. Hopefully they don’t do temp fencing around the perimeter so everyone can move around and depart easier.
Given the AFL love charging for the pre season games there probably will be a fence.

They put up temp fencing for the SFNL finals a few weeks back as they were charging to get in.

Glad you posted that Bangers.....I went early several weeks ago and assumed that the fencing was for the grandstand/aquatic centre construction work to commence.

I remembered Matt Finnis saying back in mid May that the plans had gone into Council and that the club was hoping......it would be very tight tho…..that it all would be completed before the start of the AFLW season.

I'm no betting man but that aint going to happen.

Feb 19, 2009
Moorabbin
AFL Club
St Kilda
Glad you posted that Bangers.....I went early several weeks ago and assumed that the fencing was for the grandstand/aquatic centre construction work to commence.

I remembered Matt Finnis saying back in mid May that the plans had gone into Council and that the club was hoping......it would be very tight tho…..that it all would be completed before the start of the AFLW season.

I'm no betting man but that aint going to happen.

Yeah, I was hoping too but it won't happen. They've marked out the high pressure gas pipe running SW but that's about it. Being a local I'm looking forward to the aquatic centre opening too as I'm pretty sure it'll be available to the public also.

Found the info:

"The second stage will include a 1000-seat grandstand along with aquatic and recreation facilities for community use and is expected to be finished as of the start of 2020."

Yeah, I was hoping too but it won't happen. They've marked out the high pressure gas pipe running SW but that's about it. Being a local I'm looking forward to the aquatic centre opening too as I'm pretty sure it'll be available to the public also.

It will be an awesome facility when finished...…….your spot on re the facility also being avail for the general public.....I'm pretty sure that was one of the main reasons we received council and state govt funding for the project.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
First game at Moorabbin for how many years? Apart from inter-club games.

I only ever got to watch 1 game at Moorabbin so I'm really looking forward to getting there.

It's been a long time that's for sure

Never watched a Saints game at Moorabbin...was only a kid when they moved to Waverley.

Been to plenty of football clinics there as a junior footballer through the years though so those memories are the ones that I have.

100% going...it will be a great night.

Keg on legs

Cancelled
10k Posts St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019 St Kilda - Nathan Freeman Player Sponsor 2017
Oct 5, 2014
The beer fridge
AFL Club
St Kilda
Never watched a Saints game at Moorabbin...was only a kid when they moved to Waverley.

Been to plenty of football clinics there as a junior footballer through the years though so those memories are the ones that I have.

100% going...it will be a great night.

I seriously hope the club plan for a big crowd and don't run out of dimmies and VB. Could be a huge crowd

Remove this Banner Ad

Back