Preview 2020 Marsh Preseason R1 - Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Why isnt Lienert getting a gig?
He was named in the squad of 30 and made the final 26 so he is getting a go tomorrow.

Why hasn't he played more AFL? He is a classic depth, bits and pieces player. We recruited him from Sturt as a mature tall wingman, 22 year old rookie with a great accurate long kick.

At 195cm he is tall enough to play KPD, but he is too skinny at 88kgs. He isn't good at 1 on 1 contests and that might be a combo of strength and lack of size thing. He can play 3rd tall defender, He can play HBF, but his overall package of skills and footy nous means he isn't going to best 22 and will get games when we have injuries and have to fill holes. He is good enough to play wing, but isn't quick enough compared to other options.

Last edited:
You can't cast from the AFL app or login on other devices.
May have been already mentioned, but i invested $10 via Ebay in a phone magnifier which increases you phone screen by about 3 times and is of pretty acceptable viewing quality. If you already have the AFL via Telstra it may be worth investigating this option.

Hinkley going full pelt as every game is a face saving exercise for him, Lochie Neale will be terrorized
I expect brisvegas to checkmate us by making him a late out, hence dismantling our entire gameplan. Our army of hardmen will be constantly distracted, scanning the terraces looking for Lachie to glare menacingly at, whilst Lions players march the ball up the field doing as they please.

Several young boys wearing number 9 Brisbane guernseys will have trouble sleeping that night with reoccurring visions of bearded or tattooed teal monsters glaring and snarling at them from a distance.

What is a pass mark tomorrow?

I would like to see a win, but would prefer clean skills and a decent structure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to see a win, but would prefer clean skills and a decent structure.
I reckon clean skills and some strong lead up by Dixon where he clunks a few.

But seeing your kids like Rozee taking it up another level would be just as nice considering this is just praccy games.

Dixon needs to lift, he won't be on Farrell or Jack Strange this week.

Also Westhoff needs to show us he can defend properly in 1 on 1 contests down back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back