2020 Melt Thread - Stolen Premiership Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt. Bombers probably picked a HoF with it too.
don't believe they actually used that pick, it ended up being their 5th pick and they only took 4 players in last year’s draft.

So much of what I loved about this club has been cut or driven out. There's not much I like about the club anymore and watching the culmination of poor list and injury management getting spanked every week is bad for my health. The game plan is more boring and looks less likely to score than Lyon's, no-one wants the ball or has the skills to pick it up off the ground. Gross.

This season is absolutely crushing me. Adelaide next week might be our best chance for a win. Been supporting Freo for my whole life but just need something to justify me watching them every week

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I can deal with us being bad between the injuries, new coach, and the hub. What's really ******* me off is how we've somehow fallen behind Carlton (2-2 for the year) and Gold Coast (3-1) for the year. They were ******* basketcases in March, and we had every right to expect to be better than them. For the sake of my sanity we better get eclipsed by Adelaide too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JLO was the wrong choice and he has tried a lazy cut and paste job of Collingwood’s game plan, which will not work with the spud players he has. This is a long road to nowhere. Forget COVID, the fans won’t turn up for this trash.

I need to vent about Freo's piss poor list management over the last 5 years.

Rucks: We knew this was going to be a problem with the retirement of Sandi and had years to look at all avenues. Putting all the eggs in the basket of a unproven 19 year old without an option b,c, and d is just bloody stupid. Why can other teams get Witts, Lycett, Nankervis ect ect. Professional teams like Hawthorn and Geelong understand they need to get someone proven in the role like a McEvoy or a Brad Ottens, both of which helped them win premierships. Even Carlton have got in Pittonet. We must understand that Lobb is not a ruckman ffs and have some more mature ages in there that are of a higher quality than the guys we have gotten in.

Key Forwards: How long did we have to plan for the departure of Pavlich? Lets throw everything at Hogan and forget all others. Why did we not select Naughton, a WA boy ffs? Did we really exhaust all options for some quality forwards.

Key backs: How handy would Sam Collins be right now? There's not much in the cupboard after Hamling and Pearce. Again, poor planning.

Midfield: We need a big bodied guy to complement Fyfe. Mundy is too old, Tucker drifts in and out and the young guys are too young. This has to be one of the easist positions to find in the AFL as midfielders are literally everywhere but we can't seem to find one.

Small forwards: After Walters there is nothing of quality.

I need to vent about Freo's piss poor list management over the last 5 years.

Rucks: We knew this was going to be a problem with the retirement of Sandi and had years to look at all avenues. Putting all the eggs in the basket of a unproven 19 year old without an option b,c, and d is just bloody stupid. Why can other teams get Witts, Lycett, Nankervis ect ect. Professional teams like Hawthorn and Geelong understand they need to get someone proven in the role like a McEvoy or a Brad Ottens, both of which helped them win premierships. Even Carlton have got in Pittonet. We must understand that Lobb is not a ruckman ffs and have some more mature ages in there that are of a higher quality than the guys we have gotten in.

Key Forwards: How long did we have to plan for the departure of Pavlich? Lets throw everything at Hogan and forget all others. Why did we not select Naughton, a WA boy ffs? Did we really exhaust all options for some quality forwards.

Key backs: How handy would Sam Collins be right now? There's not much in the cupboard after Hamling and Pearce. Again, poor planning.

Midfield: We need a big bodied guy to complement Fyfe. Mundy is too old, Tucker drifts in and out and the young guys are too young. This has to be one of the easist positions to find in the AFL as midfielders are literally everywhere but we can't seem to find one.

Small forwards: After Walters there is nothing of quality.

Totally agree on small forwards. The total neglect of rating pacy, footballers with X factor over the last 10 years is nothing short of gross incompetence.

Agree on midfield.

The other issues are born out by our incompetence in the S&C dept. not so much the list management imo.

Getting in now. The melts will be no more or no less significant on Monday night.

Faarrkk this season, double faarrkk the AFL, faarrkk these injuries, faarrkk the S&C team, faarrkk all the s**t D-grade players on our list, faarrkk the list management team, faarrkk the 5th year of a 4-year-rebuild, faarrkk another bottom-6 finish... Basically faarrkk the club that I’ve loved and supported for 26 years. I’m very close to being done and it faarrkken hurts.

Although supporting this club can at times drive you to the depths of despair, I like to remind myself that Footscray fans did have what must have been a monumentally painful wait of 62 years for their latest premiership. annnd..that's all the positives I have right now lol

It p*sses me off that everyday courtesy on the road has now been appropriated as the channel 7 perth wave. I must have seen it at least 100 times now and I only watch Channel 7 for the football telecasts. Simple fact is that it shouldn't be illegal to run your car over Basil Zempalis at a pedestrian crossing.

It p*sses me off that everyday courtesy on the road has now been appropriated as the channel 7 perth wave. I must have seen it at least 100 times now and I only watch Channel 7 for the football telecasts. Simple fact is that it shouldn't be illegal to run your car over Basil Zempalis at a pedestrian crossing.
* I hate that ad!!!

I pretty sure it is a valid defence in front of a jury of your peers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back