2020 Membership chat

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 28, 2017
AFL Club
Gold Coast
How do our membership costs stack up against the Vic clubs considering we only get the 10 home games per year? I think I pay about $1k for a gold family pass at the suns going off previous seasons prices.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
How do our membership costs stack up against the Vic clubs considering we only get the 10 home games per year? I think I pay about $1k for a gold family pass at the suns going off previous seasons prices.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Suns GA 11 game home membership $199
Richmond GA 11 game home membership $215
Collingwood GA 11 game home membership $210
Hawthorn GA 11 game home membership $205
Geelong GA 11 game home membership $235
Brisbane GA 11 home game membership $195

I really like what that lions Victorian membership offers for $163
Adjustments.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

robo_1

Premiership Player
Nov 11, 2017
Melbourne
AFL Club
Gold Coast
As a club that is heavily reliant on at funds I am surprised that they haven’t added an option to the membership area for donations ect like other clubs have.. you can’t even purchase new memberships!

I like what St Kilda have done with theirs

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Has anyone else received the email from the Suns regarding your 2020 membership and the options they have given us ?

Would like to hear some opinions on what the club has offered its loyal members

Mini GF

Norm Smith Medallist
May 21, 2017
Southern GC-the beautiful city
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Has anyone else received the email from the Suns regarding your 2020 membership and the options they have given us ?

Would like to hear some opinions on what the club has offered its loyal members

I’ve received it and haven’t actually thought about it yet. I think they’ve given a July 31 deadline.
I think it’s private what people do.
Some would be fortunate enough to consider their memberships to be petty cash whereas others may be now on jobkeeper with a mortgage and family and staring at a bleak future.
So if people can and do pledge their 2020 memberships as a donation then fantastic but I won’t be thinking any more or less of people who do or don’t because it’s all relative to circumstances.

I should add though in answer to your question that it appears the club has given a lot of options to people but it is currently lacking a bit of detail. On face value I think they are being very considerate.

Last edited:

GcSunsfan

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 17, 2013
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I’ve received it and haven’t actually thought about it yet. I think they’ve given a July 31 deadline.
I think it’s private what people do.
Some would be fortunate enough to consider their memberships to be petty cash whereas others may be now on jobkeeper with a mortgage and family and staring at a bleak future.
So if people can and do pledge their 2020 memberships as a donation then fantastic but I won’t be thinking any more or less of people who do or don’t because it’s all relative to circumstances.
yeah you are spot on Bods.
I’m the same as you I would never judge anyone with whatever option they take everyone has been effected in someway by this pandemic.

I just had a quick look at what other clubs have offered their members and it seems the suns have given us very limited options.

SunnerSS

GCSUNSCAST HOST
Sep 3, 2016
AFL Club
Gold Coast
in the end I thought the options catered for everyone as you could still call the membership team and find a custom solution. the incentives to pledge membership at different levels is really intriguing and yes a few were vague but I felt their was enough incentive there to sway my opinion from a discounted 2021 membership to pledging all of my 2020 membership.

Back