2020 Membership chat

Remove this Banner Ad

If the boys keep performing well and post 2020, then the membership should never be under 14k. No reason can't aim for 20k next year.
They're thousands of AFL supporters on the GC just waiting for us to succeed and they will jump on the bandwagon. You'll be lucky to get in without a MEMBERSHIP when we are making finals regularly.

Last edited:
There thousands of AFL supporters on the GC just waiting for us to succeed and they will jump on the bandwagon. You'll be lucky to get in without a MEMBERSHIP when we are making finals regularly.
Yeah, it'll explode at some point. There might even have to be a waiting list, because there won't be enough seating at metricon.
Sometime in the future, the stadium might have to be upgraded.

Not to burst the bubble, its a great milestone, but would a significant portion of these memberships come down to the fact that so many interstate sides are based here at the moment and having a Gold Coast membership is probably the easiest way to get access to games currently?

Not to burst the bubble, its a great milestone, but would a significant portion of these memberships come down to the fact that so many interstate sides are based here at the moment and having a Gold Coast membership is probably the easiest way to get access to games currently?
maybe. but say if an essendon fan on the coast wanted to see their team play, they would be able to get an ess membership to get in (as competing teams members get in first and then suns members get the option) ??

maybe. but say if an essendon fan on the coast wanted to see their team play, they would be able to get an ess membership to get in (as competing teams members get in first and then suns members get the option) ??

Not sure, that's why I floated it as a possibility.

Does the $39 membership give you access to any games? If someone that lives on the coast isn't a member of their respective Victorian club then this might be a more attractive option.

Does the $39 membership give you access to any games? If someone that lives on the coast isn't a member of their respective Victorian club then this might be a more attractive option.
yeh not sure myself 100%. who knows.
the big test will be at renewal time later this year for a (hopefully) normal season next year

anyway, im about to finish work and make my way to the ground. go SUNS!

I don't think it does. Purely supporting, you get a scarf and a badge.

If we have 15000 members then why aren’t our home games with a crowd cap of 6000 just pure Suns fortress games with no oxygen thieves that live here but support against their community in attendance. There would of been maybe 1000 Footscray fans or a bit more at the game last Thursday.
Because you have to give opposition tickets. Just doesn't work that way Bods.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let’s say there were 1200 Dogs fans. I think the crowd was about 5000.
That’s around 25% given to opposition fans.
I bet it’s not 25% in Adelaide or Perth.
Different in SA and Perth, as they can have 50% capacity of a 50-60k ground. Home team will always get more, but think the opposition would have to get a percentage.

It would not surprise me if QLD slashes crowd numbers able to attend the games. I guess it depends on test results tomorrow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back