2020 Membership discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It seems they have changed it so that people requesting a full refund can retain their years of consecutive membership.

This text is different to what was being displayed earlier on the membership website.

"By submitting a request for a full refund, you are cancelling your membership for the 2020 season. Whilst you will no longer be able to access your membership entitlements for the 2020 season, they will be presented back to you on your 2021 membership renewal notice. Your years of consecutive membership will not be disrupted."

It seems they have changed it so that people requesting a full refund can retain their years of consecutive membership.

This text is different to what was being displayed earlier on the membership website.

I am bloody Pissed IF that is True.Just after I did the 50% Deal because the Website said you lose your Entitlements for good

Im an MCC member with a Collingwood add on (essentially an Insider Membership) and its a completley different story for us - looking unlikley for any kind of discount or option to hand back some of your entitlements in order to get back some money. All in all though, thats probably fair enough given that it is a cricket club.

On the other hand, I havent been impacted at work at all, so I've picked up an AFLW membership as well to support the club. When it came out that the club was trying to keep as many staff on as possible - I was more than happy to chip in, given that I am in a position to do so.

I tell you what’s strange, not much communication on late payments.
I had mine synced to a card that expired in March, realised I hadn’t paid in a few months - logged on and paid the last few months for 2 memberships.
Nobody called etc

I had mine synced to a card that expired in March, realised I hadn’t paid in a few months - logged on and paid the last few months for 2 memberships.
Nobody called etc
Their membership department would be skeleton staff now

For People who wanted the Club to Keep there Money must be really pissed off with Steele.

We put money into the Club so People can keep there Jobs and Get Paid and Hope that this is the Year we can Win the Flag.

Then have 1 of our Leaders and Best Players to Ignore Covid Laws and then get Blind Drunk. Get 4 Game Suspension that could really hurt our Chances of the top 4 Finish and shot at the Flag.

tenor.gif

For People who wanted the Club to Keep there Money must be really pissed off with Steele.

We put money into the Club so People can keep there Jobs and Get Paid and Hope that this is the Year we can Win the Flag.

Then have 1 of our Leaders and Best Players to Ignore Covid Laws and then get Blind Drunk. Get 4 Game Suspension that could really hurt our Chances of the top 4 Finish and shot at the Flag.

tenor.gif
I still love Steele. I wish people who say they support the club would get off his back.

He’s not an idiot, he just made a mistake. Have you ever made a mistake?

Well he should of known the Rules that would been Drilled into the Players all the Time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else really disappointed that the club didn’t offer any incentives for members to continue paying their membership this year?

Most clubs are offering discounts for next year. Considering we (victorians) will almost certainly not go to games this year, I was expecting a discount for next year.

I’m giving money to the club for essentially no reason. I want to support the club, but I was kinda expecting a two-way street.

By no reason =CFC have enough money to survive. They didn’t ask the AFL for money.

Anyone else really disappointed that the club didn’t offer any incentives for members to continue paying their membership this year?

Most clubs are offering discounts for next year. Considering we (victorians) will almost certainly not go to games this year, I was expecting a discount for next year.

I’m giving money to the club for essentially no reason. I want to support the club, but I was kinda expecting a two-way street.

By no reason =CFC have enough money to survive. They didn’t ask the AFL for money.
No certainty that we will be sitting in the stands for Round 1 either.

You are giving the club for this reason exactly, to support them.

Sure they haven't asked for any handouts from the AFL, but they still need support to ensure that the money they are dipping into now will still be there should another 'rainy day' come.

You are giving the club for this reason exactly, to support them.

Sure they haven't asked for any handouts from the AFL, but they still need support to ensure that the money they are dipping into now will still be there should another 'rainy day' come.

A discount for next year wouldn’t have killed them though? Just feel like the club doesn’t care about us. Most other clubs are providing benefits for members that run into next year.

For Eg :

essendon gave you 4 options:

1) no refund but get a free jersey signed by player of your choice
2) full refund
3) no refund but 20% off next year membership
4) counts as a tax deductibale donation

My Essendon mate sent me this ^^

For Eg :

essendon gave you 4 options:

1) no refund but get a free jersey signed by player of your choice
2) full refund
3) no refund but 20% off next year membership
4) counts as a tax deductibale donation

My Essendon mate sent me this ^^
I got an email saying we'd be getting a commemorative badge & patch!! I cant wait.

Nobody called etc

Same thing happened to my wife on her AFL membership. Missed months. Didn't get a notifcation, and normally get an SMS with 5 mins of not being paid.

A discount for next year wouldn’t have killed them though? Just feel like the club doesn’t care about us. Most other clubs are providing benefits for members that run into next year.
I'm not sure I understand the sentiment.

You want a reprieve this year (and fair enough, COVID has hit everyone hard) where if you want to continue to support the club you can, or if you cant support the club, you wont be penalized (years of service continue, etc.).

AND you want a reward next year because you have made the decision to contribute in 2020?

There is no incentive for Collingwood to provide support for next year, they are dipping into their own future fund this year to cover the money that would have normally been provided by members. For the club to have to dip into their future fund again next year to cover the discounts that you have mentioned, they'd be worse off.

Don't forget, being a part of a club runs two ways.

I'm not sure I understand the sentiment.

You want a reprieve this year (and fair enough, COVID has hit everyone hard) where if you want to continue to support the club you can, or if you cant support the club, you wont be penalized (years of service continue, etc.).

AND you want a reward next year because you have made the decision to contribute in 2020?

There is no incentive for Collingwood to provide support for next year, they are dipping into their own future fund this year to cover the money that would have normally been provided by members. For the club to have to dip into their future fund again next year to cover the discounts that you have mentioned, they'd be worse off.

Don't forget, being a part of a club runs two ways.

Im happy to help the club. However, I feel receiving some benefit for next year is not asking for too much.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back