2020 Membership discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

With a bit talk occurring about the 2020 membership packages that have recently been released I thought it worthwhile to create a designated thread.

A few comments:
  • No Captains membership package in 2020
  • 4 games membership instead of a 3 game membership
  • Expansion of the legends bay to include parts of the Southern Stand
  • Return of an AFLW membership after no separate women's package in 2019
  • From the brochure the years of membership will no longer appear on the scarf, instead each member will receive a commemorative pin with a special milestone pin issued at each decade of membership (10, 20..., 40, etc)
  • Brochure: "Exclusive 2020 membership cap, only available for auto roll over members"

• Reserved Seat Home & Away and all Legends packages are showing sold out, perhaps this will change after the renewal date for existing members passes?

Last edited:

Last edited:

Where the Concession Prices?
If you go to the club's website and click on the package it brings up further details. Alternatively I've added a link to each individual package under the spoiler tag. The concession price for legends is $660 (from memory this was your package in 2019).

If I haven't received any communication from the club at this point in time can I assume I'm not impacted by any change to my membership?
I received the flyer in the mail today, alternatively if you're on a rollover option you can login to the membership section and the invoice to confirm details.

Lucky I'm already a legend member then, may be a waiting list I think.

Maybe, but i remember a lot of people got a legends upgrade who were on a lesser package. A lot of these people may not be willing to pay the full price so there could be a few spots open up.

I mentioned this is the other thread but on the seating map the legends seats in the Olympic stand are missing. Not sure why.

I changed my membership to Legends this year as I was hoping to attend a lot more games now that I've retired from football, however my circumstances have changed and I won't be able to get to nearly half the games next season, should I stick with my Legends membership or change to say the 4 game membership? I like all the perks associated with the Legends membership, but is it worthwhile spending that much on a membership if I wont be able to attend many games?

Cheers

I will renew my Legends and AFL memberships and most likely the AFLW one.

Can they not wait until after the finals are over ffs. I am nervous thinking about Friday and I am already being asked about next year lol.

Well the Club Membership have Pretty much Ran Out

I changed my membership to Legends this year as I was hoping to attend a lot more games now that I've retired from football, however my circumstances have changed and I won't be able to get to nearly half the games next season, should I stick with my Legends membership or change to say the 4 game membership? I like all the perks associated with the Legends membership, but is it worthwhile spending that much on a membership if I wont be able to attend many games?

Cheers

Up to you IF think the Perks are worth it or are you just happy going to the Games you can get too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ill re-new my legends MCG membership and hope to fly down to more games next year. circumstances have had me at non this year but 7 last year and 7 the year before. However, I often donated tickets to games this year to people who might be doing it tuff etc or need time out.

Hey guys have a question regarding legends membership for next year. First time having them this year and we were really happy with our home seats but didn’t like our away seats. Is it easy enough to just change our away seats and keep our home games? Cheers.

Cheers

You can always lend me the membership when i'm in melbourne to catch up with family....

The "interstate" membership is $175. In western australia, you're not even guaranteed a ticket at the brand spanking new stadium which was bought by the people of Western Australia for something like 1.5 billion dollars. In fact, the situation is the same as when the Pies played at Subi.

News update : the WA magpies memberships are sold out the day after going on sale. Sold out? Yes. sold out and they didnt even guarantee a seat. Maybe they ran out of beanies.

Hey guys have a question regarding legends membership for next year. First time having them this year and we were really happy with our home seats but didn’t like our away seats. Is it easy enough to just change our away seats and keep our home games? Cheers
Last year there was a change your seat option online, I upgraded after the deadline, so someone else maybe able to explain how it worked.

I can’t find that option on the website this year, perhaps it’s too early or perhaps it’s due to packages being sold out?

Hey guys have a question regarding legends membership for next year. First time having them this year and we were really happy with our home seats but didn’t like our away seats. Is it easy enough to just change our away seats and keep our home games? Cheers.
Yes, should be no issues. I upgraded to legends late last year, and changed my seats. You can leave them as it is, or you can change one of them. You can either do it online (they'll send out emails) or you can go see them at the club after they open allocation and you can choose from there.

Last year there was a change your seat option online, I upgraded after the deadline, so someone else maybe able to explain how it worked.

I can’t find that option on the website this year, perhaps it’s too early or perhaps it’s due to packages being sold out?
Yes, should be no issues. I upgraded to legends late last year, and changed my seats. You can leave them as it is, or you can change one of them. You can either do it online (they'll send out emails) or you can go see them at the club after they open allocation and you can choose from there.
Thanks for the help :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back