2020 Membership discussion

I was told by the membership department you get $375 off any membership. They didn’t tell me how to actually purchase the membership, but it was helpful in making a decision.
$375??? I thought it was like $150 ballpark?

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
It must have been a bloody good vote given what happened in 1990!
Jack Kennedy was challenging for the board, not on the McAllister ticket.
He didn’t win.

At not so long a time later he joined the board anyway; was even Vice President.

Yep, I was a bit shocked also. I just checked the email again. Pretty good deal if you ask me
To clarify, did you receive this information from the Collingwood membership department or AFL membership department? And are you a gold or silver AFL member?

I'm astounded. May actually be worth keeping the AFL membership then...

Scottymoz

Draftee
Jul 6, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
To clarify, did you receive this information from the Collingwood membership department or AFL membership department? And are you a gold or silver AFL member?

I'm astounded. May actually be worth keeping the AFL membership then...
Collingwood membership department. Currently a silver member unfortunately.

body of the email below:

Thank you for your email.

The AFL member discount is $375 to any reserved seat home and away package.

Therefore, the ponsford legends with AFL discount is $375.

body of the email below:

Very interesting! Would be taking advantage of this if I were staying in Victoria :(

body of the email below:

I can vouch for that.

1573194949736.png

Flexi 10 package promises general admission to 10 Collingwood Home games at the MCG, despite us only play 9 home games there and the other 3 at Marvel.

Mar 2, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Bushrangers
View attachment 776353

Flexi 10 package promises general admission to 10 Collingwood Home games at the MCG, despite us only play 9 home games there and the other 3 at Marvel.
The Flexi 10 allows you to allocate the 10 GA tickets however you want. e.g. Rd 2, five tickets. Rd 11, three tickets. Rd 21, two tickets.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
View attachment 776353

Sounds pretty flexible as long as you have one mate. Or at least one person prepared to put up with you once a year.

raymond35

Club Legend
Jan 5, 2004
Brisbane
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
collingwood vfl
I found this sticker outside a Queensland shopping centre the other day and slammed it on my back window.
Is it from the 2020 members pack?

Attachments

• 20191110_152948.jpg
    20191110_152948.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 190

Gaben

Premiership Player
Jun 12, 2012
AFL Club
Collingwood
View attachment 776353

The interstate package also guarantees me a reserved seat at a game in my home state. When is Collingwood playing in Tasmania/NT/SA?!

I found this sticker outside a Queensland shopping centre the other day and slammed it on my back window.

No, it’s the general one they would give out to fans at open trainings. I’ve got a few at home

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Got it at the Morwell JLT preseason game vs Carlton early this year :)

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
Does it actually in Perth? It never used to. Might have to look into it.

perth memberships sold out very early.... the $175 allows you to enter a raffle to get a ticket for the pies game in perth. you do get 5 mcg games extra - general admission - but its basically $175 dollars for a raffle ticket for a seat...

i bypass the raffle and try to buy a seat direct. i'd bitch about it but most of the other victorian clubs dont either bother trying to deliver a membership to WA supporters.

perth memberships sold out very early.... the $175 allows you to enter a raffle to get a ticket for the pies game in perth. you do get 5 mcg games extra - general admission - but its basically $175 dollars for a raffle ticket for a seat...

i bypass the raffle and try to buy a seat direct. i'd bitch about it but most of the other victorian clubs dont either bother trying to deliver a membership to WA supporters.
Thanks for the information! Sounds about as expected. It’s bullshit that the state government didn’t just build a stadium appropriately sized so that all patrons wanting to get to a game of football would be able to do so. :rolleyes:

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Thanks for the information! Sounds about as expected. It’s bullshit that the state government didn’t just build a stadium appropriately sized so that all patrons wanting to get to a game of football would be able to do so. :rolleyes:

exactly what i was thinking when i messaged you. Western Australians paid about $1000 each on that stadium. Most state taxes are fee based and similar so the load was spread right across the state..... and the costs weren't restricted to beagles or dogturd supporters. But it doesnt just stop there, the new stadium is about 15k more than subi and west australians were billed $2 billion for that. And still there is demand for more seats. .

I actually went to the last beagles match, and the place was in chaos after the game. Trying to get to the train station was an absolute joke where streams of people walked up and down stairs and round corners 10 abreast, squeezed in like battery hens. Standing on railways stations shoulder to shoulder. Standing in doorways in the trains pushed against the doors. Waiting 20 to 30 minutes for the train to get moving....and this is what we get for our $2 billion. I've taken the train home from the MCG on anzac day and it was never as bad as this.

exactly what i was thinking when i messaged you. Western Australians paid about $1000 each on that stadium. Most state taxes are fee based and similar so the load was spread right across the state..... and the costs weren't restricted to beagles or dogturd supporters. But it doesnt just stop there, the new stadium is about 15k more than subi and west australians were billed $2 billion for that. And still there is demand for more seats. .

I actually went to the last beagles match, and the place was in chaos after the game. Trying to get to the train station was an absolute joke where streams of people walked up and down stairs and round corners 10 abreast, squeezed in like battery hens. Standing on railways stations shoulder to shoulder. Standing in doorways in the trains pushed against the doors. Waiting 20 to 30 minutes for the train to get moving....and this is what we get for our $2 billion. I've taken the train home from the MCG on anzac day and it was never as bad as this.
It’s an absolute joke. Western Australia in general does not ever look forward when planning infrastructure for the future. Why we don’t have an outer harbour down Kwinana way instead of bringing everything through Fremantle with the pre-existing roads cutting suburbia astounds me.

On the bright side we’re fantastic at planning for twenty years ago.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
It’s an absolute joke. Western Australia in general does not ever look forward when planning infrastructure for the future. Why we don’t have an outer harbour down Kwinana way instead of bringing everything through Fremantle with the pre-existing roads cutting suburbia astounds me.

On the bright side we’re fantastic at planning for twenty years ago.

i'll vote for ya!..

Earl Hickey

Team Captain
Nov 12, 2009
Shepparton
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Lebron James
Random question and not quite sure if this is the right thread just wondering how you would get tickets to the Copeland for next season? Something I wouldn’t mind doing, but never really thought about. Is it easy to get tickets or do they sell out rather quickly?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Got my membership today........Club is super efficient this year.

Told my boys that I didn’t buy them one for next year 😂

Back