2020 Membership discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

No complaints here, but having taken advantage of the upgrade for existing members last year I’m not really in the position to.

Having already renewed last year I was able to upgrade from a general admin home to any reserved seat package for just $300. Suffice to say I went top shelf and nabbed a legends.
what was the total cost?

I just got a legends level 1 membership. They are the only legends memberships left and they are selling fast so if you want a reserved, good seat and guaranteed access to GF tickets you better get in quick! A lot of the other packages are already sold out.

Can I just say, where on earth do the people in marketing or sponsorship or procurement whoever is responsible think where we're playing games this season...Hamilton Island?? The material theyve used to make the scarves from this year is more suitable for a kaftan than a scarf meant for wear during a Melbourne winter. After suffering the almost intolerable torture and human misery of a freezing cold and wet neck at last years prelim, having accidently grabbed a scrunched up plastic bag instead of a poncho on my rush out the door to make the train and not realising until when the heavens opened in the first quarter and i realised my catastrophic error in judgement, it is not something a civilised and humane person would wish upon their worst enemy having to endure

The interstate membership is shithouse again. I live as close to a game in Brisbane as someone in Melbourne does. It would be lovely to afford to fly to Melbourne 5 times a year to watch footy but that isn't reality. If I go to one game a year I've forked out more money by the time I pay for flights and accomodation than someone in Melbourne who has the expensive memberships. It fails to recognise what we need. I'd prefer access to games through a streaming service. Access to a couple of prechosen games and some help through corporate partnerships to make the cost of flights and/or accommodation cheaper. Maybe access to some other activities while i'm visiting like the MCG tour or something. Interstate members are such an afterthought to this club.

The interstate membership is shithouse again. It would be lovely to afford to fly to Melbourne 5 times a year to watch footy but that isn't reality. If I go to one game a year I've forked out more money by the time I pay for flights and accomodation than someone in Melbourne who has the expensive memberships. It fails to recognise what we need. I'd prefer access to games through a streaming service. Access to a couple of prechosen games and some help through corporate partnerships to make the cost of flights and/or accommodation cheaper. Interstate members are such an afterthought to this club.

This is why I gave away getting Interstate membership years ago it's just not worth it
I still am a member but only with a insider membership now until hopefully things improve
(now with the pre Easter Brisbane game every year it might)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Arrived.

all good.

question for those that know such things.

i noticed in the letter that comes with it, there’s an added extra of being able to invite a friend to one game (assume it has some restrictions eg Anzac Day).

is this the first time this offered? I can’t recall this being offered before?
nice little bonus.

Can I just say, where on earth do the people in marketing or sponsorship or procurement whoever is responsible think where we're playing games this season...Hamilton Island?? The material theyve used to make the scarves from this year is more suitable for a kaftan than a scarf meant for wear during a Melbourne winter. After suffering the almost intolerable torture and human misery of a freezing cold and wet neck at last years prelim, having accidently grabbed a scrunched up plastic bag instead of a poncho on my rush out the door to make the train and not realising until when the heavens opened in the first quarter and i realised my catastrophic error in judgement, it is not something a civilised and humane person would wish upon their worst enemy having to endure

Didn’t realise it was the clubs fault or person in charge of marketing or sponsorship or procurement whoever that your unorganised and can’t keep up with the weather

But yeh this year’s scarf sucked maybe Nike can make better ones next year

Didn’t realise it was the clubs fault or person in charge of marketing or sponsorship or procurement whoever that your unorganised and can’t keep up with the weather

But yeh this year’s scarf sucked maybe Nike can make better ones next year

Ummm sorry champ, where did I say that it was the clubs fault or even made any insinuation I considered it to be anyone's fault other than my own that I rushed out without the poncho?? I was merely recounting my own experience in the fact that I wouldn't want to wish a freezing neck upon anyone and the rather thin lightweight weave of this year's scarf's fabric is perhaps not the most appropriate or desired denier if one wants to avoid such suffering...you know, demonstrating a little thing called empathy? I know its in short supply these days, especially around this corner of the internet where people just cant wait nor help themselves but to hop on and have a go at what someone else has written thinking they look oh so clever and sharp-witted, but sometimes it is worth stopping for a second to read through the post again for clarity, and consider before bashing out your ill-thought out retort if in fact you have interpreted or perceived others' communications correctly how the author intended for it to be given and you arent in fact attacking a straw man and making yourself look silly like your garden variety forum hero

Ummm sorry champ, where did I say that it was the clubs fault or even made any insinuation I considered it to be anyone's fault other than my own that I rushed out without the poncho?? I was merely recounting my own experience in the fact that I wouldn't want to wish a freezing neck upon anyone and the rather thin lightweight weave of this year's scarf's fabric is perhaps not the most appropriate or desired denier if one wants to avoid such suffering...you know, demonstrating a little thing called empathy? I know its in short supply these days, especially around this corner of the internet where people just cant wait nor help themselves but to hop on and have a go at what someone else has written thinking they look oh so clever and sharp-witted, but sometimes it is worth stopping for a second to read through the post again for clarity, and consider before bashing out your ill-thought out retort if in fact you have interpreted or perceived others' communications correctly how the author intended for it to be given and you arent in fact attacking a straw man and making yourself look silly like your garden variety forum hero

The 2020 Scarf is s**t no need to over analyze it people.

Last edited:
How long did that take you to write? Seems like a lot of words for you to just say “leave me alone I’m allowed to whinge about being cold and accidentally bringing garbage to the footy instead of clothes ” anyway It seemed like a bit of a read so I just stopped reading after about the 3rd line

How long did that take you to write? Seems like a lot of words for you to just say “leave me alone I’m allowed to whinge about being cold and accidentally bringing garbage to the footy instead of clothes ” anyway It seemed like a bit of a read so I just stopped reading after about the 3rd line
OK, would you prefer I said "if you dont have anything nice to say and want to be a provocative ******** because youve got the wrong end of the stick, how about you STFU???"

Every year when I try to buy the 5/6 game package as an AFL member, I just can't get through.

I get to the page and then only two aisles are displayed and no seats (M17/18). Such a shocking system. Plenty in Q but don't like it up there.

That was my experience this morning too! Ticketmaster is hopeless, the site kept crashing on me and it took at least a dozen attempts to get to the point of choosing seats but never gave me any option to select M undercover. Row L was the furthest back and nothing available on N or P so I went for Q row H, which is undercover and not too far back. The AFL is a disgrace when it comes to getting decent seats - how can entire sections/blocks of seats be unavailable at 9:05am? Members are treated like crap.

That was my experience this morning too! Ticketmaster is hopeless, the site kept crashing on me and it took at least a dozen attempts to get to the point of choosing seats but never gave me any option to select M undercover. Row L was the furthest back and nothing available on N or P so I went for Q row H, which is undercover and not too far back. The AFL is a disgrace when it comes to getting decent seats - how can entire sections/blocks of seats be unavailable at 9:05am? Members are treated like crap.
To me the single biggest issue is these things are handed over to a ticket agency and the AFL just lets it fly that way.

when it’s all scrambled they just shrug disinterest.

surely as the AFL is a mega client of theirs they could insist on doing things better and explicitly opening up seats as required.

thats the one good thing about having the season packaged as a member, you know what you’ve got and it’s less hassle.

but surely they could insist on a better experience.

I sent an email as last year the same thing happened and lo and behold got tickets through them immediately.

Just received a confirmation and from them and it still refers to 2019 season. Will ring them later and let you know who I speak to maybe you can do the same.

DinoSoar, just been on the phone with them and they told me all sold out only level 4 left.

Man I spoke with was apologetic, did some investigative work and I now have tickets in Bay 18.

Last edited:
People nitpick all the time on here & I for one have no time for it.

By the way GSM would be more appropriate than denier. ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back