Opinion 2020 membership renewal

If Ken remains senior coach will you be renewing for 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 83 51.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I spend 90% of my time outside of work with my wife that doesn't give a s**t about football. And yet I've been a member for 19 seasons... it's almost as you are full of s**t. :think:

Interests don’t define personality or character. One is something you do, the other is something you are.

What qualities would you describe your wife to have? That’s what I mean by becoming like the person you spend the most time with. It’s not about specifically doing exactly the same thing as another person, but about reflecting their attributes and them reflecting yours.

If she was interested in football, she’d be a member for 19 years too because that’s the personality type she is/you are. Let’s put it this way - is there something she *is* interested in that she’s been interested in for a long time?

Interests don’t define personality or character. One is something you do, the other is something you are.

What qualities would you describe your wife to have? That’s what I mean by becoming like the person you spend the most time with. It’s not about specifically doing exactly the same thing as another person, but about reflecting their attributes and them reflecting yours.

If she was interested in football, she’d be a member for 19 years too because that’s the personality type she is/you are. Let’s put it this way - is there something she *is* interested in that she’s been interested in for a long time?
And yet, in Papa G's case, it was EXACTLY about his family's approach to renewing memberships...

I will show my age but in the late 1950's we used to call that blue on the C150 scarf Guy Mitchell Blue. Whatever the shade of blue is it isn't teal. I realise that some people do not like teal but surely if you are going to sing about teal in your Club Song you should use teal on your official merchandise? Alternatively change the words of the Club Song to read, 'silver, blue, black and white'. There are no qualms about changing everything else associated with the Club.

The Hex code for teal is #008080
The colour shown is closer to cyan than teal.

Person is surprised when family members have exactly the same attitude as them.

Like attracts like. People like to delude they are independent thinkers but the reality is most people are a product of their upbringing and experiences. As I’ve said elsewhere...you become like the five people you spend the most time with. So it would be more shocking to me if your family did renew.

Cool. So what's your explanation going to be when membership numbers are down as a whole?

do yourself and the club a favour by not buying a membership, instead go blow it on merch, there are other ways to give to the club than prop up the ego's of Ken KT & Koch

(Log in to remove this ad.)

43653 at december 6th , we didn't put our tally up til december last year

So we'd need to pick up around 520 a day to get close to the already downward in trajectory 2018 figure. How is that even remotely possible? The only possible good news to come in the few weeks is the draft but I fail to see that generating any real excitement. I can see memberships down by at best 5000 this year, at worst 10,000. That'll be a hit of somewhere between $1-1.5mill and $2.5million.

A negotiated Hinkley payout would have been the prudent answer. David Koch is such a fraud.

The club probably overestimated the pull of the 150th celebration and underestimated the push of the anti Hinkley sentiment.

I think a lot of people who are holding off will eventually renew once the season draws closer, but the hit will still end up being significant.

The club probably overestimated the pull of the 150th celebration and underestimated the push of the anti Hinkley sentiment.

I think a lot of people who are holding off will eventually renew once the season draws closer, but the hit will still end up being significant.
For a club that wanks off about fan engagement they're pretty s**t at thinking what the fans will do

'Underestimate' is a nice way of saying that they completely ignored people telling them to their face!!

43653 at december 6th , we didn't put our tally up til december last year
What would be most interesting to know is the number of people who opted out of the auto renewal. Those of us who care enough about footy to post about it on Bigfooty in November are likely the only ones questioning whether we renew or not. I would think most casual supporters who dropped the auto-renewal won't be signing up again later unless there is a significant event to drive it like a 5-0 start to the season or a 0-5 start with a shiny new coach announced

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I know that the sentiment in the past couple of years from the club is that people will eventually sign up when push comes to shove, but I reckon this year its very very different.

I never considered it. Not once. Now I'm looking forward to having the year off. I need a break from it. I just don't enjoy it any more.

The 4-5 family members that I said are dropping off next season are all Essential Power members. Those tickets are $470 a pop.

The day Hinkley is sacked I will renew. Even if it's round 20.

What would be most interesting to know is the number of people who opted out of the auto renewal. Those of us who care enough about footy to post about it on Bigfooty in November are likely the only ones questioning whether we renew or not. I would think most casual supporters who dropped the auto-renewal won't be signing up again later unless there is a significant event to drive it like a 5-0 start to the season or a 0-5 start with a shiny new coach announced

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
i had opted out of the auto renew last year in protest and hadn't realised. They called me last week to renew.

I know that the sentiment in the past couple of years from the club is that people will eventually sign up when push comes to shove, but I reckon this year its very very different.

I never considered it. Not once. Now I'm looking forward to having the year off. I need a break from it. I just don't enjoy it any more.

The 4-5 family members that I said are dropping off next season are all Essential Power members. Those tickets are $470 a pop.

What worries me is how they react to what is looking like a significant drop.

If Koch uses the metric, and I suspect he will, that as long as we have more members than other "battler" clubs like North and Footscray we are doing well and he doesn't need to change a thing.

What worries me is how they react to what is looking like a significant drop.

If Koch uses the metric, and I suspect he will, that as long as we have more members than other "battler" clubs like North and Footscray we are doing well and he doesn't need to change a thing.

He can try to polish any turd he likes. The simple metrics are that sacking Hinkley was the more prudent and cheaper option in the short and long term. My suspicions are that the AFL initially have said no way, you can't sack Hinkley, it will cost too much money. You made this bed, you lie in it. The club's board has simply accepted this because instead of illustrating what a complete financial disaster keeping him will be, it further proves what a complete and utter Titanic like disaster they have presided over. This decision has provably wiped out a quarter of the clubs membership revenue in the space of 2-3 years. That is a complete * up in anybodies language, especially when for 80% of the clubs the trends are up. This entire board needs to go.

I got trapped like bomberiffird did, by replying to the actual text they sent me, rather than to the number contained in the text they sent me. So, they got my money.

I don’t know yet how many games I’ll attend in 2020. Attending games will go several rungs down the ladder of priorities in 2020. I’ll go when it doesn’t clash with other things I guess.

Back