Opinion 2020 membership renewal

If Ken remains senior coach will you be renewing for 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 83 51.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Plus 3k down last year from 2018. That makes 5k. Pretty damning.
Yeah remember the days, not so long ago, when 65k was touted as achievable with overtones of even inevitable. Maybe a tinge of Ken co-captains AO gloss wearing off

but maybe a reflection of how much pressure on the entertainment $ especially at AO prices.

Whatever the reasons Port 2020 is not where we in '14 thought it would be and if you told us back then what 2020 would be there'd have been pitchforks on Queen St.

Instead thousands of fans have been pummelled into a state of resigned apathy left only with hope that after our rats have jumped off the listing ship there's still a

critical mass of support to stop the ship from sinking. Still as Kenny boy said "youse get what ya deserve".

Onya moite

Yeah remember the days, not so long ago, when 65k was touted as achievable with overtones of even inevitable. Maybe a tinge of Ken co-captains AO gloss wearing off

but maybe a reflection of how much pressure on the entertainment $ especially at AO prices.

Whatever the reasons Port 2020 is not where we in '14 thought it would be and if you told us back then what 2020 would be there'd have been pitchforks on Queen St.

Instead thousands of fans have been pummelled into a state of resigned apathy left only with hope that after our rats have jumped off the listing ship there's still a

critical mass of support to stop the ship from sinking. Still as Kenny boy said "youse get what ya deserve".

Onya moite

4 Clubs went backwards in membership figures in 2019. Us, St Kilda, Crows, Fremantle. 3 of them sacked their coaches.

Instead thousands of fans have been pummelled into a state of resigned apathy left only with hope that after our rats have jumped off the listing ship there's still acritical mass of support to stop the ship from sinking. Still as Kenny boy said "youse get what ya deserve".

Onya moite

As I’ve said before,

If someone tugged your coat in the immediate aftermath of the 2014 Semi Final and told you, “enjoy this, because it will be the last final Port wins until at least 2020”, you’d have been forgiven for assuming the team plane crashed into Le Grampians on the way over to play the Hawks.

Never mind.

Never have and never will.

If you had a stadium membership at Footy Park then Adelaide Oval, then you have reciprocal rights at other stadiums, but that is a stadium membership not a club membership.

Didn't the Platinum membership have access to docklands a few years ago? Or was it called essential power?

So is it that the AFL have failed to manage our club correctly (with authority comes responsibility) or is it that the supporters expectations are too high?

I guess that you could argue that the expectations of the next generation of supporters are being managed, whereas ours don't matter.

Unless this club becomes self-managed again, we are destined to become an interstate feeder club like our crosstown bretheren.

Didn't the Platinum membership have access to docklands a few years ago? Or was it called essential power?
Only stadium members have reciprocal rights. If Essential Power is the same as the old Category 3 membership at Footy Park then they would have got reciprocal rights, but given Port now get 100% of Essential Power membership fees and Category 3 Port only got a set amount, set by the AFL membership Club Support amount ($135 of adult fee in 2013 went to Ports and the rest the sanfl kept), I doubt they are the same.

So is it that the AFL have failed to manage our club correctly (with authority comes responsibility) or is it that the supporters expectations are too high?

I guess that you could argue that the expectations of the next generation of supporters are being managed, whereas ours don't matter.

Unless this club becomes self-managed again, we are destined to become an interstate feeder club like our crosstown bretheren.

It’s obvious the AFL’s sole concern is that we’re solvent. Unless they overruled any desire for the Board to let Ken walk to the Gold Coast at the end of 2017, that decision is 110% on us.

Only stadium members have reciprocal rights. If Essential Power is the same as the old Category 3 membership at Footy Park then they would have got reciprocal rights, but given Port now get 100% of Essential Power membership fees and Category 3 Port only got a set amount, set by the AFL membership Club Support amount ($135 of adult fee in 2013 went to Ports and the rest the sanfl kept), I doubt they are the same.
Correct. Essential Crows/Power had their reciprocal rights taken away.

It’s obvious the AFL’s sole concern is that we’re solvent. Unless they overruled any desire for the Board to let Ken walk to the Gold Coast at the end of 2017, that decision is 110% on us.

But if the board is appointed by the AFL, don't they carry the responsibility for any errors made by their appointees?
Apologies for getting off-topic, I'll stop now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But if the board is appointed by the AFL, don't they carry the responsibility for any errors made by their appointees?
Apologies for getting off-topic, I'll stop now.
But if the board is appointed by the shareholders, don't the shareholders carry the responsibility for any errors made by their appointees?

What happens when a public or private company goes into liquidation?? It depends.

Over the last few days the membership uptake per day has approximately doubled with respect to preceding days (from 35 to 70 members per day).
Hopefully it will last.
2020 Membership Per Day 100220.jpg

As I’ve said before,

If someone tugged your coat in the immediate aftermath of the 2014 Semi Final and told you, “enjoy this, because it will be the last final Port wins until at least 2020”, you’d have been forgiven for assuming the team plane crashed into Le Grampians on the way over to play the Hawks.

Never mind.

Yeah but if somebody tugged your coat in the immediate aftermath of the 2011 season and told you 'never fear, in 8 seasons' time we'll be riding high in tenth!' you'd jump for joy and commission a gold statue at Alberton of the genius responsible. Or so Michelangelo Rucci tells me.

"Artefact of poor early data" Perfect membership slogan. Though really a club hitting 50k members a season isn't a bad thing?

60,000 has been our target, lowering the bar by 16% is significant

Back