Opinion 2020 membership renewal

If Ken remains senior coach will you be renewing for 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 83 51.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

at the end of 2019, we decided not to attend games in 2020 (for the first time in many years) due to multiple trips planned across this year. We kept our Platinum Membership seats by paying $100 each, staying club members just not attending games.......to be honest I'm not sure what I would have done if we paid for the Full Platinum Memberships.

with the pay as you go memberships if there are no games to attend will i be refunded or possibly paid up as a member for the 2021 season?

with the pay as you go memberships if there are no games to attend will i be refunded or possibly paid up as a member for the 2021 season?

I don’t think anyone knows for sure but you can stop your direct debit from the bank. I think a few have done that.

I've been off here for quite a while and haven't been reading threads at all.

My position is this. As someone who has been able to keep working as per normal throughout this whole saga I'm happy to keep up my fully paid for membership and not request a refund of my 2020 membership fee.
However, I would hope the club will reward us for this in 2021 with some genuinely good perks.

My position is this. As someone who has been able to keep working as per normal throughout this whole saga I'm happy to keep up my fully paid for membership and not request a refund of my 2020 membership fee.
However, I would hope the club will reward us for this in 2021 with some genuinely good perks.
thats cool man your in a position do do that
im hoping theres a few options to chose
full refund
membership rolling over to 2021
merchandise and some other perks
or you can just donate
personally im for the first 2 options

I find it easier to pay them this year without boiling rage that we can't sack Ken due to only having to watch us struggle to score and play the same way again once this year. I'd imagine it would have been even harder to keep people on if we'd been exposed to 6 or so rounds.

It won't roll over for next year, there's no chance of that, cash is the problem so they'll need memberships again next year but maybe they can throw in a special polo/hat/scarfe combo to recognise you stuck it out.

I wonder if they'll run the raffle? If we can get MG to throw a few cars in and make it something people want to win we could generate some cash from that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didnt renew this year because I cannot take another season of same Hinkley s**t. However, because I am not having to see that twunts anti football right now I actually feel like buying a membership, to celebrate not having to watch it.

I didnt renew this year because I cannot take another season of same Hinkley s**t. However, because I am not having to see that twunts anti football right now I actually feel like buying a membership, to celebrate not having to watch it.
Do it.

Just for the record, i'm not calling for anything lavish or ridiculous. But having paid for a $500 membership that won't be used this year I think the least the club could do is reward us with some of the types of benefits Club 1870 members get. I don't think that's too much to ask, and it wouldn't put the club out of pocket.

I haven't been around here for some months. Is SpaceCoyote the latest thundercloud account?

Just for the record, i'm not calling for anything lavish or ridiculous. But having paid for a $500 membership that won't be used this year I think the least the club could do is reward us with some of the types of benefits Club 1870 members get. I don't think that's too much to ask, and it wouldn't put the club out of pocket.

I haven't been around here for some months. Is SpaceCoyote the latest thundercloud account?
Yep, I've been playing the long game.

Like a prison bar Guernsey!

Considering the hundreds of hours we on bigfooty and the general public individually spend watching, thinking, writing and talking about PAFC and the AFL, the notion that we get nothing out of our membership if we can't attend a game is a bit rich.

That is an interesting way to look at it.

Well, I picked NO in the Poll, but am a member, my wife is a member and added my son this year too. haha. Couldn't miss the 150yr celebrations.

With the odds that no games will be attended this year there are a few things Im hoping for depending on what happens in the future. Thankfully, I am still employed so at this stage am not asking for my money back, but for those that lost their jobs, I have no problem them asking for their money back.
The options I would like to be offered at the end of the season for all members:

1. Full refund on membership.
2. Refund on game day portion of membership, but still maintain a base no-game member.
3. Membership rolls through to next season (or partial)

If the talk about adding extra games for the next 3 seasons actually happens
4. Club keep the money for this year, however my membership for the next 3 years does not increase with the extra home games HOWEVER, if someone wasn't a member this year and joins next year for 14 home games, they MUST be paying more than me.

Back