Opinion 2020 membership renewal

If Ken remains senior coach will you be renewing for 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 83 51.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

All the Port people I know personally have said they are still on the Port train. Not all supporters will drop off even though inside the BF walls it seems that way.

Everyone I know who goes for Port is against him staying and everyone I know who doesn't go for Port thinks it's hilarious because he is so bad. People I haven't spoken to in years sms'ing me during games this year that they can't handle it anymore.

I will renew my 2 x Platinum memberships but I have never felt so unenthused about it.

The only reason I am doing it is out of a sense of obligation for all of the good times Port has given me from when it lived up to it's promises and in the hope that when these no hopers are gone, and we return where we belong, that I will enjoy it all the more for the pain I am signing up for next year.

Those not renewing do nothing but sink the club further make you point but all it does it cripple the club for years to come. Low crowds mean poor tv exposure poor sponsors etc etc. I support my club through think and thin I may not like some of the decisions but I wont leave them high and dry when they need me the most. That is supporting not opting out because my toys are out the cot

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Those not renewing do nothing but sink the club further make you point but all it does it cripple the club for years to come. Low crowds mean poor tv exposure poor sponsors etc etc. I support my club through think and thin I may not like some of the decisions but I wont leave them high and dry when they need me the most. That is supporting not opting out because my toys are out the cot

I'm not paying 300 plus for something I genuinely dislike. If they need me so much, they should start acting like it.

why would the club ignore us so persistently if they need us so badly? it goes both ways. they knew they would lose thousands of members if they kept going down the path they are. you don't have to just give this organisation your hard earned money every single year, not if this organisation isn't the same as the one you fell in love with X years ago. it's being ran by different people with different philosophies. you don't have to feel obliged and feel like you'll be a bad fan if you don't give them your money. you don't have to sacrifice entire afternoons/days of your 2 days off out of 7 if you're not getting enjoyment out of it.

All the Port people I know personally have said they are still on the Port train. Not all supporters will drop off even though inside the BF walls it seems that way.

No s**t 'all supporters' won't drop off. But this will only get worse. 5000 is a ridiculously bad drop off. Why do you think people aren't turning up?
Screen Shot 2019-08-26 at 3.47.56 pm.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In life we all make informed decisions on the knowledge we have at hand. Whether it’s buying a house, a car, choosing a school for our kids etc. There is enough sampling of evidence over the past 5 years to make an informed decision based on solid evidence...I’m out.

The only way I can see myself renewing with this bloke in charge is if we move on some of Ken's gold pass boys (Ryder, Sam Gray, Wines, Motlop, etc).

At least if we know that we're stuck with him, that he's got no choice but to play the kids on the list.

im extremely unhappy with things but im not even going to try and lie to myself about not being a member

Ill be a member until the day I die and I enjoy the time with my mates and my kids if nothing else.

You sure you want to get personal?
I'm a scab for spending money?
Hmmm, the single life agrees with you.
You’re a scab for pointedly taking glee in improving your lot at the expense of people making a stance for change.

I've decided to hit up Keith's email as well. Adding below to what I sent to the Membership department earlier. I don't expect a reply (or at least outside 'that's disappointing, at least it's not 2012!' emoji emoji.

Greeting Keith (or lackey stuck reading these emails),
I sent the email below to the Membership department this morning, but feel they are not the one's to address the issues outlined. I've seen the spineless media spin put out this afternoon that Ken '5 years without a finals win' Hinkley is our ticket to success and weep at what my club has become. Perennial basket cases like Fremantle, Carlton and St. Kilda have acted this year, yet here we are still. Fremantle, Carlton and St. Kilda. A club never to win a flag, one that hasn't won since they've been unable to pay players via brown paper bags and one that last won a flag when the world worried about the Soviets destroying us all!

I ask one simple question. If Ken's contract expired today would you given him a contract extension? If the answer is yes, how could you possibly justify it? If the answer is no, then there is no reason to not sack him today. The decline in Memberships and attendances this year will only be much worse next year. With a correspondingly lot bigger hit to the bottom line then paying Ken out. Ask our financial guru Koch to explain the sunk cost fallacy (along with why he and club are failing to avoid it with Hinkley).

Regards,
André

You’re a scab for pointedly taking glee in improving your lot at the expense of people making a stance for change.
And you quite happily scorn anyone who doesn't agree with you. I will support the club the way I want to. I'll be a lot happier knowing your not at the footy.
One things for sure, there's a lot smarter, more objective people that make decisions at the PAFC. Thank goodness you have no bearing on what happens to our club.

And you quite happily scorn anyone who doesn't agree with you. I will support the club the way I want to. I'll be a lot happier knowing your not at the footy.
I haven’t commented on anyone saying theyre renewing memberships because its too ingrained a habit, or games are where they catch up with friends etc. I can respect that.

You’re the only one gloating about how all you’ll benefit from all the non renewers who’re making the only vote they can to push our club into change.

If you don’t like being called a scab, don’t act like one
One things for sure, there's a lot smarter, more objective people that make decisions at the PAFC.
I wish that were true.

Back