Opinion 2020 membership renewal

If Ken remains senior coach will you be renewing for 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 83 51.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 2, 2014
Adelaide, South Australia
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Im hoping the man behind us who keeps yelling at the umpire doesn't renew next year.

The phrase "come on ump...use the two cameras in your head...you get an action replay" is getting real old at every freekick.

However he did change it up last match to be more accurate with "come on ump...use the two cameras in your head...you get a live feed"

Pablo Escobar

Senior List
Dec 30, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’m not a member but attend about 3 games a year with my kids as I’m from the country, but haven’t attended a single game this year because I can’t trust what they will serve up. I was spoilt supporting the club in the 80’s and 90’s. It is so demoralising seeing the game plan, poor skills and fluctuating effort that I barely even watch them on TV anymore. It’s almost like I love the game more than the team at the moment, and I hate thinking that.

Power Girl

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Yes great idea let's not renew and see our club disappear and then we can all feel satisfied. Great choice!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Seriously the club are not listening to the members and haven't been for a long time. They seriously went rogue when pissing on our traditions with dispensing of our number one being our captain and then just kept pushing the envelope.

How else are we supposed to get their attention. Unfortunately money aka memberships is the only language the muppets in charge are actually listening to.

agmsy

All Australian
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So given most people will renew
I'm not sure the responses on this board are representative of the entire supporter base. Might be there's an association between how "committed" a supporter feels to the club and their likelihood of registering on an online forum dedicated to Port, and between "commitment" and likelihood of shelling out for a ticket that comes with a "great seat". Both could bias responses here towards renewing.

If I give up my membership I don't think I'll ever be back. Modern footy just plain sucks, and whatever the * this perfect pear Jarrod Walsh crow hugging love everyone and everything co-captain sports team is now - is not what got me onto football in the first place.

I have no draw card for this s**t anymore now or the future. It's not going to get better. I think I've grown out of it.

ROBBBO

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Glasgow Rangers
Not the fact the club is being run into the ground by the board and coach, but a thread on the internet is going to destroy our club.

Are you ******* serious?
Spreading a message that "I'm not renewing my membership if Hinkley is still coach" is toxic and just plain stupid. Why even go there?? Why put the club further into debt coz you got your knickers in a knot about a coach. How does that help the bigger picture ??

Start a go fund me page to buy out the Hinkley contract. Be smarter. Don't kill the club we love by acting like muppets

Well Holly Ransom has already posted on here tonight that Hinkley is doing a great job and will be the coach next year, so those that sign up, strap yourselves in for another year of this tripe.

Spreading a message that "I'm not renewing my membership if Hinkley is still coach" is toxic and just plain stupid. Why even go there?? Why put the club further into debt coz you got your knickers in a knot about a coach. How does that help the bigger picture ??

Start a go fund me page to buy out the Hinkley contract. Be smarter. Don't kill the club we love by acting like muppets

What club are you talking about exactly? This plastic faux Frankenstein monster or Port Adelaide which effectively died in September 2007?

What club are you talking about exactly? This plastic faux Frankenstein monster or Port Adelaide which effectively died in September 2007?

The amount of work that had to be done to pry the club from the SANFL’s clutches, while simultaneously breaking the Williams/Primus chokehold, only to have a breakfast tele host as dictator signing off on that ridiculous contract extension for a coach who has achieved six-sixths of farquhar amokachi.

If you pitched this story to Netflix they’d tell you to p¡ss off to Presto.

Can you just get a membership without entry to games?

Yes but you'd still be a member of this KKK lead Port Adelaide-themed AFL franchise so what's the point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you even go to games

That old chestnut which every sycophant falls back on. The ol' DO YOU EVEN GO GAYMZ

No, clearly. Not if you dont count the Tassie game and most home games this year and almost all gome games since the mid 2000s. Sure.

I pay for three black diamond memberships a year.

If think ill
Downgrade, can’t be botthered with the tripe and my tickets for all their greatness suck because a Crows ticket holder bought 5 perfect seats at $700 a pop just to have the actors seats for the Port showdown!

Nov 7, 2002
Davoren Park
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Portsmouth FC
Im hoping the man behind us who keeps yelling at the umpire doesn't renew next year.

The phrase "come on ump...use the two cameras in your head...you get an action replay" is getting real old at every freekick.

However he did change it up last match to be more accurate with "come on ump...use the two cameras in your head...you get a live feed"

Which row do you sit in? I am sure I am in your bay. 534 by any chance?

Well Holly Ransom has already posted on here tonight that Hinkley is doing a great job and will be the coach next year, so those that sign up, strap yourselves in for another year of this tripe.

Was that poster really her?

I'll renew.

Through good times and bad I've always been Port Adelaide. This ****ing awful sh*t we are being forced to endure isn't the Port Adelaide I knew but I can't walk away. I just can't.

I'm not a letter writer or a sign guy but I'll let my feelings be known to the powers that be in the only way I know how and that's face to face.

I'm heading down for a game soon and I will politely request some time with a certain gentleman at the club the day before.

Change needs to happen.
Say hi to him from me. Don’t say it above a whisper.

agmsy

All Australian
Sep 28, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Well Holly Ransom has already posted on here tonight that Hinkley is doing a great job and will be the coach next year

I'm going to pretend this is a normal prelude to the entire board announcing that Hinkley has their full support.

gbear

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 27, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide

You do realise that the club is currently being run by a bunch of muppets?

I was just interested to see the opinions of others. I have yet to decide whether I will be down grading my current membership. I would like to get some value from the hundreds of dollars I spend every year. Where I come from money does not grow on trees.

May 31, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
Simple question, if Ken remains will you fork out your hard earned cash for 2020 season tickets?
Very simple question do you support port adelaide?
Very very simple question are you a mud raker?
Very very very simple question who was john cahills right hand person in the coaching box?

During the recent Bulldogs game, I got rained and hailed on, and left Adelaide Oval that night absolutely drenched from head to toe. My reward - 5 miserable goals from my team in an inglorious defeat to a team that wanted it more than we did. I'll renew, as I've been a Port fan for more than 40 years: and you don't just dump your team when times are tough. However displays such as the crap dished up that night have to be a thing of the past, before I'll start enjoying it again.

Back