Opinion 2020 membership renewal

If Ken remains senior coach will you be renewing for 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 83 51.9%

• Total voters

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I don't think either Port or the AFL thought it would be this bad. I know for a fact that the club in the past few years has had the attitude that when push comes to shove, they'll sign up. This year though, it's different. The dissatisfaction is at fever pitch and it isn't dissipating. The supporter base is completely fed up and willing to act on it.

Both the AFL and Port have underestimated it and by the time it became apparent it was too late to do anything about it. The time to sack Hinkley was directly after the season finished. At that stage the true drop in member numbers was not clear. They thought the 150th would be the saviour and buy them time - it hasn't.

If this regime was a government or a business board, they would have all been turfed out by now.

Probably more politics than common sense.

Rick, this screams out as something the club would say.

Just my opinion, I ain't overly happy but I don't want them drowning in lack of revenue that it will cascade into more crappy performances.

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
So this is the North Western Pocket, there wasn't too many seats available here a few weeks back, seems to be opening up.

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 12.20.15 pm.jpg

One of our group has cancelled his membership. The other 3 have been trying for a couple of weeks to get someone that we know, by asking pretty much every port supporter we know, to pick it up. No interest. We'll probably get a random oppo supporter seating next to us at most games.

the guy at the counter yesterday said we were tracking a bit ahead of last year. either he is lying or the numbers are mush

PowerBaz

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Richmond performing well at this stage and the Lions supporters really getting behind their team after last year, GWS doing much better than them!

Be keen to see the Crows membership tally with a new coach behind them but nothing to show on their website.

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 1.49.18 pm.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 1.47.28 pm.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 1.47.42 pm.jpg

the guy at the counter yesterday said we were tracking a bit ahead of last year. either he is lying or the numbers are mush

Gee, I wonder which one it is.

Just copped a voicemail from someone at the club, “you previously delayed payment on the auto-renewal of your membership, just wondering if you’re still keen to renew and set that plan back up”.

Club coming off a touch desperate given I’ve got until December 13 as the emails keep telling me.

It’s almost as if they shouldn’t have staked the club’s treasury on a coach who isn’t up to it, idk.

It's tracking at 111 a day since the last update 8 days ago. If it keeps on that trajectory, in 17 days we'll only add less than 2000, meaning a total of around 34,000. That's close to 10,000 down on the same time last year. Wow.

You reckon the arrogant "we know best" clowns in charge are feeling it now?

I said it before and I'll say it again, sacking Hinkley was the cheaper and more prudent option.
December 13 is the cut off to renew your membership and keep your seat. Previous years its been 17 December.

So until that date has passed, you aint really comparing apples with apples.

That said, I doubt we will get much closer than 3,000 comparing 20 December this year to 20 December last year.

Just copped a voicemail from someone at the club, “you previously delayed payment on the auto-renewal of your membership, just wondering if you’re still keen to renew and set that plan back up”.

Club coming off a touch desperate given I’ve got until December 13 as the emails keep telling me.

It’s almost as if they shouldn’t have staked the club’s treasury on a coach who isn’t up to it, idk.
Desperate or just doing their jobs?

Desperate or just doing their jobs?

I’ve delayed auto-renewal every year except one since it was brought in as ‘Power Forever’.

I’ve never been called before, let alone just under a month out from deadline.

Lawnchair Larry

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
2020 vs 2018 vs 2019 PAFC Membership.jpg

It's way too early to tell what is going on with membership.
Compared to 2018 &2019 there is a worrying 2020 shortfall, but relative to 2016 data this is not supported.
The pre-Xmas RATE of uptake seems quite variable, and I suspect there is a processing and reporting limitation at the club, due to the larger number of membership uptakes, that leads to that variability. I am more confident about the post Xmas data, due to diminished flow.
The real test is the shortfall just before Xmas - if it falls short it just does not get made up, and can widen post Xmas (eg 2018 vs 2019)

View attachment 781566
It's way too early to tell what is going on with membership.
Compared to 2018 &2019 there is a worrying 2020 shortfall, but relative to 2016 data this is not supported.
The pre-Xmas RATE of uptake seems quite variable, and I suspect there is a processing and reporting limitation at the club, due to the larger number of membership uptakes, that leads to that variability. I am more confident about the post Xmas data, due to diminished flow.
The real test is the shortfall just before Xmas - if it falls short it just does not get made up, and can widen post Xmas (eg 2018 vs 2019)
I love your graphs and analysis!

Dec 7, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

I've had four voicemails in the last fortnight. Sorry to all the ladies getting in touch from 8447 numbers.

MrPlow

Club Legend
Oct 25, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I’ll renew on the deadline date and I’ll pay in the most instalments possible rather than upfront as usual.

Passive aggressive is the best I can do, can’t bring myself not to renew as much as I want too

Back