Opinion 2020 membership renewal

If Ken remains senior coach will you be renewing for 2020?

• Yes

Votes: 77 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 83 51.9%

• Total voters
oh s**t, forgot to pick a player for my membership cards - Sorry Russell

bet the f***ers give me Tom ******* Jonas as a default option as further proof of their inability to read a room

And he'll be skiing whilst holding a bottle of Hey Diddle Shiraz.

I got Choppy. I mean, I selected Choppy, but there'll probably be a mix up and I'll end up with the pumping fist float.

I forgot completely so I’ll be receiving the wines/jonas twin pack.

Oct 5, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
There are no other teams
I tend to think Work Hardery nailed it with the comment the club has underestimated the anger and disconnect in the membership. That and the club relying on the 150th (when it shouldn't). Granted, the captain/co-captain "issue" is one element that needs to be corrected sooner the better but the bigger elephant is still in the room ..... and its smiling as if it just lost an important game of footy !! 😒.
My guess, membership down by 6,000 from 2019 high, with more members opting for reduced membership plans because a greater percentage of members have woken up to the spin this year than previous years. What goodwill remained has expired.
A lesson for club hierarchy to re-learn it appears : it doesn't pay to get large numbers of passionate members off side when the only avenue left for protest is a financial one. It will ultimately cost more than what had been considered by the bean counters.
Just my opinion for what its worth. Hope I am wrong but.
Very much that part. Every bit of feedback I've had from the club around my decision not to re-new centred on me "missing out" regarding 150th celebrations. I don't give a toss which year it is, I'm angry and the issues that anger me simply are not being addressed.

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
oh s**t, forgot to pick a player for my membership cards - Sorry Russell

bet the f***ers give me Tom ******* Jonas as a default option as further proof of their inability to read a room
I didn't want a player so I picked the logo but that took me to another screen where there was no way forward without picking a player so I cancelled out.

If I get that my membership card will be going straight to the microwave. Fortunately I don't need it for game access.
I wonder what's the cost of the cards to the club. If offered, I'd opt out of receiving a plastic card, as I prefer the digital option anyway. It might be cheaper to just send a card to everyone by default.

My ideal membership pack would be digital access to games + an amount of money to spend on merch, if they need to do that. Otherwise, I'm happy with just access to games really.

Saw this yesterday arvo - 22nd - so 1,075 up since 18th.

1574490882678.png

Apr 13, 2006
The Bitter End
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Tracking the 2016 membership profile at this early stage.
View attachment 784282

Look at the spike in the second chart in 2016 from about now to what looks like the week before Christmas. It looks to be around 17,000 in less than 4 weeks. Back then, despite missing out the finals, there was still huge hope and optimism. Ryder and Monfries hadn't learnt their fate yet, AO was still loved, the GDV was still operational, Star players wanted in, nobody was leaving, Goodwill still existed towards the coach......

None of those things are still around today. The club is a mess. Figures will be fudged, but we'll be lucky to get to 45,000 proper members

Lawnchair Larry

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2015
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Look at the spike in the second chart in 2016 from about now to what looks like the week before Christmas. It looks to be around 17,000 in less than 4 weeks. Back then, despite missing out the finals, there was still huge hope and optimism. Ryder and Monfries hadn't learnt their fate yet, AO was still loved, the GDV was still operational, Star players wanted in, nobody was leaving, Goodwill still existed towards the coach......

None of those things are still around today. The club is a mess. Figures will be fudged, but we'll be lucky to get to 45,000 proper members

If things go "Pear Shaped" I will not be surprised if data is withheld from the support base.

We will end up with about 40,000 when the club takes the Christmas break if you look at every year since December 2015 ie 2016 membership, when the final day to renew and keep your seat has passed the increase in memberships have been between the previous figure before the 17th December cut off and the one after the 17th have been;
2,529 (2019) 3,873 (2018) 4,990 (2017) 2,787 (2016)

So I expect about 1,000 - 1,300 a week to sign up to the Christmas break, and about a 3,000 bump after the new cut off date of 13 December this year. That takes the total to around 40,000

The previous 4 years the Christmas break cut off figures have been 49,110, 51,114, 50,027, and 50,045. The figure at Christmas 2014 was 45,110 and Christmas 2013 was 34,084.

Only 40,000 signed up at Christmas wont see a big shake up early in the new year, but it will come later in the season or at the end of the season. The exodus of club employees and board will come!

Whether the 10,000 membership gap is sustained for the full year is another thing, but 10,000 members down at Christmas, probably means we are $2.5m - $3m less cash in the bank from memberships come Christmas than last year, depending on how many people who haven't renewed have in the past, paid up front as opposed to in 3-10 instalments. At a minimum the club will be $600k behind last's figure.

This is also reflected in the fact that if you go to buy memberships on the club's website, that a couple of weeks ago, for the first time in years, you can buy reserved seats in all categories before Christmas.

Oct 12, 2007
The Hills
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
We will end up with about 40,000 when the club takes the Christmas break if you look at every year since December 2015 ie 2016 membership, when the final day to renew and keep your seat has passed the increase in memberships have been between the previous figure before the 17th December cut off and the one after the 17th have been;
2,529 (2019) 3,873 (2018) 4,990 (2017) 2,787 (2016)

So I expect about 1,000 - 1,300 a week to sign up to the Christmas break, and about a 3,000 bump after the new cut off date of 13 December this year. That takes the total to around 40,000

The previous 4 years the Christmas break cut off figures have been 49,110, 51,114, 50,027, and 50,045. The figure at Christmas 2014 was 45,110 and Christmas 2013 was 34,084.

Only 40,000 signed up at Christmas wont see a big shake up early in the new year, but it will come later in the season or at the end of the season. The exodus of club employees and board will come!

Whether the 10,000 membership gap is sustained for the full year is another thing, but 10,000 members down at Christmas, probably means we are $2.5m - $3m less cash in the bank from memberships come Christmas than last year, depending on how many people who haven't renewed have in the past, paid up front as opposed to in 3-10 instalments. At a minimum the club will be $600k behind last's figure.

This is also reflected in the fact that if you go to buy memberships on the club's website, that a couple of weeks ago, for the first time in years, you can buy reserved seats in all categories before Christmas.

You just know some pen pusher at AFL house will look at that and go...

"I think they are just not teal enough. Southern Power!"

Back