Club Mgmt. 2020 Membership Thread - Membership survey has been sent out (check your email)

Remove this Banner Ad

As a Silver member, I'd be happy to get AFL Live Pass in lieu of being able to attend games.

It's very costly missing games, but personally, I would sooner support the club than not.

I wouldn't say no to a partial refund, nor would I request it.

EDIT: You should probably just get a club-based Live Pass for free with your annual membership. Can't cost all that much if it is bundled free with Telstra phone plans.

So I just found out digital membetships are a thing. Does anyone know if you can retrospectively tack the digital part onto your membership if you've already renewed?
Just give them a call. I used to have it until I started getting livepass through Telstra. Then I got a VFLW membership instead :p

The club can keep my money, but I'd be suggesting a discount for 2021. Such a strange feeling with what's happening. The whole weekend for five decades of my life in winter has been based around what Essendon is doing. Feel lost.
It’s for this reason I’m really glad they’re keeping it going in whatever way that they can. If everyone involved can stay healthy then it will be one of the few cultural activities that people can still do together, if not in the same place, at least at the same time.

So I just found out digital membetships are a thing. Does anyone know if you can retrospectively tack the digital part onto your membership if you've already renewed?

Don't buy it. I emailed the Club and they told me to watch my email over the next 24 hours.

Kayo is apparently rumoured.

The Kayo offer isn't for all members. I got emails for myself and someone else I bought a 3 game membership for. I have a bronze reserved seat.

I got the kayo deal, she didn't.

If crowds are allowed in for the second half of the season I guess she'll still be able to attend her 3 games, so maybe that's the difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the club providing refunds for 2020 memberships?

Haven't heard but this is going to be a massive issue. Clubs will play on loyalty and try to offer what they as their other revenue streams have been torched, but at the same time a lot of members will be facing economic hardship. Not sure what I'll do but no one should be made to feel guilty for seeking a refund.

Looks like a lot of the information won't be known until after the season begins again.

Last edited:
The letter from Xavier last night said payment plans were continuing, and today the Essendon membership team was placed on indefinite leave, so they aren't able to be contacted by phone or email at all.

Uhhhhhh

AFL clubs hope to be able to give their members a range of options to consider in the next fortnight as they scramble to make suitable arrangements for supporters in an interrupted season.

"26 Mar 2020, 18:03 (2 days ago)

Dear Bomberboyokay,

Regrettably, this has been one of the most difficult weeks in my time at the club.

Following the suspension of the 2020 season, all of our players are now on leave as we move to navigate through this incredibly difficult period.

The sheer nature of this global crisis has meant that due to circumstances beyond our control, our club, and the broader competition, is in an unprecedented situation.

In response to this significant challenge, we have moved to drastically cut operating costs to help the club get through this period.

As a result, the club made the heartbreaking decision this week to stand down more than 75 per cent of our staff, across every operational area of the club, until further notice.

A minimum number of staff will now work on severely reduced hours to ensure the club remains operational during the suspension period, which is due to run until at least May 31.

These extremely tough decisions were not taken lightly but were made to protect the club in the short term and the employment of our people for the long term.

As you are aware, this situation continues to change at a rapid pace, and it is an incredibly complex matter – not just for our club and industry, but the community more broadly.

There are so many challenges. For you, our members, in your own lives. And for us, the club, as we work our way through this dire position.

The club generates most of its operating revenue from our commercial partners, members, corporate partners, and fans attending games.

By addressing our expenditure immediately, we hope to minimise the future impact of this crisis and be able to quickly bounce back as a club when games recommence.

For our members, we understand there are still many questions we have not been able to answer, but until we have certainty on the season, we ask for your patience and understanding. The scheduled member payment plans will continue for the time being, when we have full visibility of the season and fixture, we will be able to provide more information on what we can offer members.

As a club, we fully respect everyone’s personal circumstances are different, and we will continue to work through scenarios and frameworks for dealing with the impact of this issue on our members.

We are hurting, but we know these hardships are widespread. It’s much bigger than us.

So please know the Essendon family is hurting together and we will get through this together.

These are unchartered waters and there is much uncertainty across our community.

I am proud of all our people, our staff, for the way they are navigating this complex and challenging issue for the club. And, although there are still many significant challenges ahead, I know these people will continue to go above and beyond to ensure our future.
I know you all love this football club. l love it as well, I always have. We will get through this. The game of Australian Football is unique. Football clubs are unique. We are our own version of a family. And we will get through this together.

It has never been more important to look after one another than now. Please continue to follow all advice from the relevant medical and health authorities as well as the advice from the Australian Government.

Take care of your loved ones and look after yourselves as we continue to stop the spread of this virus.

Once again, on behalf of everyone at the Essendon Football Club, we thank our loyal members and supporters for their unwavering support during these uncertain times.

Regards,

Xavier Campbell
Chief Executive Officer"

Continuing to take money with no plans to return it.

That's pretty poor form by Xavier, but I feel for Essendon, and probably most clubs, they'll be especially ****ed without that money. Disappointing to at least not *offer* a refund of some sort.

It's not poor form from Xavier - Like all they are navigating through unchartered territory - To think otherwise, shows your naivete or bloody-mindedness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back