2020 membership thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the point of bagging other clubs' membership totals? We struggled with ours for decades.
Honestly, I think we do it because those of us who have been around long enough to have had to seriously contemplate our beloved club merging or ceasing to exist, still have a deeply ethced fear being the poorest performing club (or bottom two) in Melbourne.

Honestly, I think we do it because those of us who have been around long enough to have had to seriously contemplate our beloved club merging or ceasing to exist, still have a deeply ethced fear being the poorest performing club (or bottom two) in Melbourne.
Yes, quite understandable. It's the principle of "the devil take the hindmost".

On the other hand we might have more to gain from showing solidarity with clubs in a similar position (as some clubs supported us in 1989). That's what you might call "the Niemoller principle".

Yes, quite understandable. It's the principle of "the devil take the hindmost".

On the other hand we might have more to gain from showing solidarity with clubs in a similar position (as some clubs supported us in 1989). That's what you might call "the Niemoller principle".

So the Saints are the communists? GWS would be fascists I reckon.
We could be the Niemöllers as we narrowly escaped execution

I have GA and pretty much never have any issue getting in close to the fence on lvl 3 and bang on middle of the wing. I prefer that to lvl 1 seating as you can see more of the the whole game unfold. When playing against the bigger Melb teams (Pies, Bombers, etc) just have to arrive a bit earlier in order to get a seat close to the fence.
Same here. Level 1 has some atmospheric advantages but you pretty much have to go home and watch the replay to see what happened in the game.

The prospect of signing 50k members is something I'd never have thought would happen at this club let alone it being a genuine possibility.

50000 members is possible but we would need a few wins against good opposition in the first part of the season to achieve it. Once the 'bandwagoners' get a sniff of finals action the numbers could swell. Of course, this is the case with every team in the comp but particularly more important for the 'cellar dwellers' of club memberships whose budgets are affected with even minor rises and falls in those numbers. 50000 would be a fantastic achievement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finally got around to calling the club & upgraded my membership, added a +1 for another membership for the wife.
Section 27 & 2 rows from the fence, guy on the phone said it was pretty rare 2 seats next to each other like that come up. Near the cheer squad but anyone sit in that kind of area & can say what it’s usually like?

Finally got around to calling the club & upgraded my membership, added a +1 for another membership for the wife.
Section 27 & 2 rows from the fence, guy on the phone said it was pretty rare 2 seats next to each other like that come up. Near the cheer squad but anyone sit in that kind of area & can say what it’s usually like?

i found this existed recently

you wont be able to type in exact, but you can get general idea

I've got premium GA, between cheer squad and players race. Fun part of the ground and always a good atmosphere with cheering, chants etc.

presale starting tomorrow for season proper tickets for those really keen.

Club Member Presale
Until:Tue 25 Feb @ 17:00

General Public Wed 26th Feb 9:00

Does anyone know if the Collingwood game is a ticketed match.

Apparently it is, comments on Facebook say general admission aren’t guaranteed entry so buying a discounted ticket is recommended

Remove this Banner Ad

Back