2020 membership thread

Membership options and renewal:

Membership merchandise:

Replacement game information:

Good Friday’s Round 4 clash with North Melbourne will be the first of these, at Marvel Stadium on Friday 10 April at 4.20pm.

The second will be in Round 19 against reigning premiers, Richmond, at the MCG on Sunday 26 July at 1.10pm.

A new initiative being introduced for 2020 by the Club will allow reserved seat and Coterie members to gain access to reserved seating for these replacement games. Reserved seating will be located on level one, alongside the Bulldogs’ Cheer Squad at both Marvel Stadium and the MCG matches.

Further details will be sent out to eligible members in early 2020 outlining this new process, including how to redeem their reserved seat.

Current memership is 30,014 as of 19/12
Target 50,000

Any questions someone will anwser them in here.

I see current membership numbers have been updated on the WB website. Only an extra 680 signed up since before Christmas. Hopefully, once this holiday season is finished fans might restock their wallets and get on board in greater numbers. Perhaps also, the bushfire nightmare has been a huge distraction recently and football involvement seems insignificant by comparison.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I see current membership numbers have been updated on the WB website. Only an extra 680 signed up since before Christmas. Hopefully, once this holiday season is finished fans might restock their wallets and get on board in greater numbers. Perhaps also, the bushfire nightmare has been a huge distraction recently and football involvement seems insignificant by comparison.
I also noticed throughout last year that our site updates the numbers pretty slowly lol. Theres an update usually every 1-2 weeks.

Looking for pro tip suggestions on what the different types of game day memberships are like in comparison to each other. Moved to Melbourne & my interstate membership has just rolled over, haven’t called the club yet but I imagine it can just be upgraded & pay the difference?

Also looking to get a matching one for the mrs, so have to budget that in as well :p some people love being in the lower levels & closer to the action, some prefer to be higher up so they can see more & the memberships reflect that.

With the seated memberships they are good in a way, but do people have much issues with the general admin ones where you can sit anywhere in that section? I imagine it’s all pretty good & may only be tough on the sell out & major games

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Looking for pro tip suggestions on what the different types of game day memberships are like in comparison to each other. Moved to Melbourne & my interstate membership has just rolled over, haven’t called the club yet but I imagine it can just be upgraded & pay the difference?

Also looking to get a matching one for the mrs, so have to budget that in as well :p some people love being in the lower levels & closer to the action, some prefer to be higher up so they can see more & the memberships reflect that.

With the seated memberships they are good in a way, but do people have much issues with the general admin ones where you can sit anywhere in that section? I imagine it’s all pretty good & may only be tough on the sell out & major games
I’m GA but I’m social club as well and like to stand and chat/drink. Not too bothered about a seat.

random__hero

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Blackhawks, SF Giants, 49ers, Jazz
I do a similar thing.
I’m in gold AFL member & social club member.
I generally reserve a seat in the AFL members section but end up standing behind the dogs cheer squad/above dogs players race for most marvel matches

I have GA and pretty much never have any issue getting in close to the fence on lvl 3 and bang on middle of the wing. I prefer that to lvl 1 seating as you can see more of the the whole game unfold. When playing against the bigger Melb teams (Pies, Bombers, etc) just have to arrive a bit earlier in order to get a seat close to the fence.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I have premium GA, the benefits of GA and being able to move, but premium section is in the bay beside cheer squad. So you get a bit more atmosphere etc.

I have premium GA, the benefits of GA and being able to move, but premium section is in the bay beside cheer squad. So you get a bit more atmosphere etc.

I think that is the type I was leaning towards as I prefer to see goalmouth action & don't mind if the play up the other end that you can't really see as much. But only concern about that is that I remember reading on here a while ago there were some issues with the cheer squad, but I think that may have been a few bad eggs that were actually banned? Can't recall the full story, I can be passionate & all but don't want to be too close to people if they are going to be complete ferals. Has it all changed?

Edit - long story short I still don't have internet at home until end of next week, using my phone to look up membership options & compare side by side is near impossible without a laptop/computer

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think that is the type I was leaning towards as I prefer to see goalmouth action & don't mind if the play up the other end that you can't really see as much. But only concern about that is that I remember reading on here a while ago there were some issues with the cheer squad, but I think that may have been a few bad eggs that were actually banned? Can't recall the full story, I can be passionate & all but don't want to be too close to people if they are going to be complete ferals. Has it all changed?

Edit - long story short I still don't have internet at home until end of next week, using my phone to look up membership options & compare side by side is near impossible without a laptop/computer
I've never had any issues personally. Seem decent over there in recent years. They do get pretty cheery though, so if constant chants do your head in, i'd probably steer clear though.

We sit in aisle 17, lvl 1, close to where the players run out, the banner is set up in front of us and it is a good view of the ground. Still some seats available around us. There don’t seem to be any feral fans.

Mar 15, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray, Melbourne City
I have GA and pretty much never have any issue getting in close to the fence on lvl 3 and bang on middle of the wing. I prefer that to lvl 1 seating as you can see more of the the whole game unfold. When playing against the bigger Melb teams (Pies, Bombers, etc) just have to arrive a bit earlier in order to get a seat close to the fence.
I follow this approach too, except that I prefer L3 behind the goals rather than on the wing.

I used to have a reserved seat when we played out of Princes Park in the late 1990s which I kept going as a reserved seat on L1 at Docklands in the early years, but L1 at the Docklands just isn't as good for watching the game as L3 in my opinion and I ditched the reserved seat a long time ago.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I sit L1 on the wing. I reckon its a good view and I enjoy it more than L3 seating, even though thats not bad either.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I've never had any issues personally. Seem decent over there in recent years. They do get pretty cheery though, so if constant chants do your head in, i'd probably steer clear though.
Well they're a cheer squad haha, they shouldn't be quiet throughout the game.

I think it's hard to get a bad view, like at the very top of level 3. As much people in particular those MCG teams give to Docklands, it's size and shape lends too good viewing almost everywhere.

I'm on level 1 left of the cheer squad. Great atmosphere too and at least you get a great view when the play is at that end. On level 3 I find everything too far away. Never tried level 2

Mantis Toboggan

Premiership Player
Mar 24, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I'm on level 1 left of the cheer squad. Great atmosphere too and at least you get a great view when the play is at that end. On level 3 I find everything too far away. Never tried level 2
I used to sit on Level 1, often front row. It’s great when the ball is near. Unfortunately for us the ball always seemed to be on the other side of the field.

Last year we moved to Level 2. It’s perfect. You get a much better view of the far side of the oval and you’re not too far removed so as to feel disconnected. Sticking with the same spot for 2020.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Saints fans are getting on early. They'll make 40,000 easy as they'll definitely improve, but'll stagnate and miss 50,000.

Back