2020 membership thread

Remove this Banner Ad

The donation goes to the Australian Sports Foundation. They can then distribute the income to whoever they see fit, and in this example they distribute it to Bulldogs
So from next year, anyone who makes a donation of $495.00, or whatever it is,to the ASF directing it to the FFC gets free entry and a seat at Docklands from the Club ? The Club might toss in hat, scarf, lanyard too.

So from next year, anyone who makes a donation of $495.00, or whatever it is,to the ASF directing it to the FFC gets free entry and a seat at Docklands from the Club ? The Club might toss in hat, scarf, lanyard too.

The whole point of a donation is you get nothing in return (other than a tax deduction) and that is why the are doing it this year.

The whole point of a donation is you get nothing in return (other than a tax deduction) and that is why the are doing it this year.

I've wandered in on this late and knew nothing about the plans for our 2020 subscriptions. Thanks for the tip.

Must have an inexhaustible supply of used? secondhand? Kids? obsolete? clash? indigenous? etc jumpers 🤨
Wonder what they do with all the used jumpers? Should do more auctions.

Found this interesting..

Spike Creative and TLA Australia are pitching cardboard cutouts to clubs, with Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs committed to the concept and a handful of others also keen.

Those two clubs found sponsors to underwrite the costs, and the cutouts, which attach to seats and will have select members' faces on them, will remain in the stands then go to fans as keepsakes.

Not quite Gogglebox: AFL exploring ways to get fans into games
AFL and broadcasters looking at ways to heighten fan engagement during crowd-less games

Found this interesting..

Spike Creative and TLA Australia are pitching cardboard cutouts to clubs, with Collingwood and the Western Bulldogs committed to the concept and a handful of others also keen.

Those two clubs found sponsors to underwrite the costs, and the cutouts, which attach to seats and will have select members' faces on them, will remain in the stands then go to fans as keepsakes.

Not quite Gogglebox: AFL exploring ways to get fans into games
AFL and broadcasters looking at ways to heighten fan engagement during crowd-less games

Stevo reported it on 7 News tonight - here's his tweet:

1590662118439.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A terrible season will be a membership killer for 2021. I would have expected a fair size drop with the economic fallout from COVID 19 and the uncertainty going forward until we get a vaccine even with a top 8 finish. We were aiming at 50,000 members this season and would think 40,000 next season would be a good result.

Anyone know what our membership stands at currently. I was amazed that Richmond will still get 100,000 this year in spite of COVID.

Website is still at 38401 which hasn't updaed since before round 1. Maybe an email to the department could get a confirmation.

Website is still at 38401 which hasn't updaed since before round 1. Maybe an email to the department could get a confirmation.
I had an email a few days ago wanting to know if I wanted to continue my membership (I am). Maybe there is uncertainty around numbers renewing, as well as lower numbers signing up, so the total is in a state of flux.

...Thankfully, the Bulldogs’ extended family dug deep when the Club needed it most.

“It warrants a massive thank you and sense of gratitude to our members, and fans and partners, who’ve stuck with us,” Bains said.

“The overwhelming number of our members have stuck with us, which has helped sure up our financial position.”......

...We’re not going to suffer a catastrophic loss. We might make a loss, we might break even, and who knows we might even make a small profit.’

Full story here.

While no specific numbers its sounding promising.

According to Caro, we are up 12% last year, but it doesn't state if it's last year at this same stage in the season or last years total.

If it is 12% above last years total, we are above 49,000.

I know St Kilda has fake $2 memberships but they've also gotten win after win. We got embarrassed in the first two rounds and have beaten nobody except Eagles, which was also not a convincing win, which would have put off a lot of supporters especially during these times.

I know St Kilda has fake $2 memberships but they've also gotten win after win. We got embarrassed in the first two rounds and have beaten nobody except Eagles, which was also not a convincing win, which would have put off a lot of supporters especially during these times.
Saints had a big offseason which they could spruik to potential members which always helps, plus their membership numbers are dubious as you say. I believe they had a $50 donation option which came with a 'membership'.

Take the numbers with a grain of salt this year, what's most important is the membership revenue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back