Opinion 2020 Membership. What are you doing?

What are you doing with your membership for 2020?

• Current Gold Member downgrading to Silver

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Current Silver member downgrading to Bronze (3 game)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Current Gold/Silver/Bronze member not renewing at all

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Will only renew if you see active change in footy department/EXTERNAL review process

Votes: 40 27.6%
  • Keeping membership at same level/higher as 2019

Votes: 55 37.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 7.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I got an email from the club telling me that I'm eligible to go on the waitlist for reserved seats. Which is weird given I have silver memberships with reserved seating and have done so for quite a while now.
What is going on?
Burton is working in the membership department under an alias

I got an email from the club telling me that I'm eligible to go on the waitlist for reserved seats. Which is weird given I have silver memberships with reserved seating and have done so for quite a while now.
What is going on?
Just in case you decide not to take our you current reserved seats, then decide to change your mind, you will already be on the wait list.

Handy hey

Got this email today asking for my waitlist preferences. From others experience does this suggest I will get an offer this year? Never got an email like this only a rejection email. Also asked if I wanted a single seat or not, where I want to sit etc. Maybe only single seats available?View attachment 789474

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mine are for sale if you want some seats until you get yours. I can’t go again this year.

Burton is working in the membership department under an alias
The club is incompetent at every level. I’ve got my name on a Eddie betts lunchbox to prove it. Unfortunately my 10 year old son missed out on his.

Anytime I give these ***** my money I feel like they are laughing in my face. “Sucker”.

What is going on?

Same thing here, email saying I'm eligible for wait list reserved seats... when I'm already a gold member with a choice seat in the Jack Oatey Stand, and have been since AO was a thing.

This club has amateurs at every level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Quit my membership, 6 years. Cannot give them anymore money while incompetent people run the club.
Ive been a member for 30 years and are a foundation member. I was only 9 when they were formed in 1991. I am unable to give it up when the club has been a big part of my whole life. I can understand though after 6 years you wouldnt have the same connection as I do so dont have a problem leaving.

Ive been a member for 30 years and are a foundation member. I was only 9 when they were formed in 1991. I am unable to give it up when the club has been a big part of my whole life. I can understand though after 6 years you wouldnt have the same connection as I do so dont have a problem leaving.
No I have a very strong connection to the club. I was present at the first ever game and have always loved the club from day one. My family was never in a position to afford memberships and it wasn’t until 6 years ago that I had been in a position to do so. However giving up a foundation membership would be very hard.

Got my pack today. My port/Collingwood supporting wife took the notepad and said you won’t use it so o will use it the shopping list.

I was informed by email on Thursday that my Victorian membership pack is on the way. I will be having a stern word with my wife when I find her :) .

I have said that until the club holds senior management accountable that I will not renew my membership. Its really no big deal as I am an interstate member so the money isn't a large amount. I think giving up a life membership would be very hard but I have made up my mind regarding the membership and I have told the club as well.

I still want the club to do well but I feel I need to make a small break. In fact this year I will take our Lions membership not to become a supporter but just so I can go and see some footy.

I have said that until the club holds senior management accountable that I will not renew my membership. Its really no big deal as I am an interstate member so the money isn't a large amount. I think giving up a life membership would be very hard but I have made up my mind regarding the membership and I have told the club as well.

I still want the club to do well but I feel I need to make a small break. In fact this year I will take our Lions membership not to become a supporter but just so I can go and see some footy.
So, you'll financially support the Lions but not the Crows?

I'm also in Brisbane, and hope the Lions do well. But I'll always keep an interstate membership, because I get a lot on enjoyment out of following the Crows, even through rough periods, and it's the simplest way to support them and give them even the tiniest means to be financially competitive with their opposition.

I would feel a hypocrite if I held out financially after the club has got rid of Pyke, Camporeale and Burton. There seems genuine acknowledgment of issues, and efforts to change and improve.

So, you'll financially support the Lions but not the Crows?

I'm also in Brisbane, and hope the Lions do well. But I'll always keep an interstate membership, because I get a lot on enjoyment out of following the Crows, even through rough periods, and it's the simplest way to support them and give them even the tiniest means to be financially competitive with their opposition.

I would feel a hypocrite if I held out financially after the club has got rid of Pyke, Camporeale and Burton. There seems genuine acknowledgment of issues, and efforts to change and improve.
Your trying to make out what I am doing as being disloyal. I have taken out a Lions membership for the past few years now and I have held the interstate membership with the Crows. Just like you. But I dont like how the club tries to bury the accountability for the actions of some of our senior people. If any thing I feel hypocritical paying the club only to have them treat us like idiots. You say that "there seems genuine acknowledgement of Issues" yet for me I am still waiting for the club to open up on the review findings like they said they would. I mean do you know what happened at the camp in 2018?? Still the samo samo.

My heart will always follow the Crows and I am sure that as further changes are made, especially when Chapman has gone and when the club fully explain the reviews and what happened in the camp, I will then renew my membership.

Last edited:
Back