Opinion 2020 Membership. What are you doing?

What are you doing with your membership for 2020?

• Current Gold Member downgrading to Silver

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Current Silver member downgrading to Bronze (3 game)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Current Gold/Silver/Bronze member not renewing at all

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Will only renew if you see active change in footy department/EXTERNAL review process

Votes: 40 27.6%
  • Keeping membership at same level/higher as 2019

Votes: 55 37.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 7.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I will keep my gold membership but will onsell it for whatever I can get, possibly a few magic beans. I’ll be overseas for the whole year so it’s up for grabs if anyone wants it.

Why with all our huge membership prices can’t they keep the craft beer bar open all game? Why do half the places shut down? Some don’t even open anymore.

There will be zero change if Bigfooty posters boycott their memberships, so don't waste your time or gold membership. You're not going to hurt the club because 99% of our supporter base don't know the intricate details of the club, most wouldn't even know who Rob Chapman was, let alone anyone else. They just go to games, chant "Adelaide, clap, clap, clap", yell "ballllllll" when it obviously f***ing isn't, blame the coach when we lose, and read about stupid stuff in the Advertiser. None of them know enough to boycott their membership, and to be honest, they probably don't care to, and they're probably happier for it. Ignorance really is bliss.
Wow, have we really got to the point where we are taking pot shots at fellow fans now?This post is by far the most disappointing post I have ever read on BigFooty, and there has been some real doosies

Last game i went to was the West coast home game. Even when we were in front I said to my wife the bang for buck is pretty low nowadays. Didn't really enjoy it at all. Alot of it has to do with how we play. When you know you are not building the type of team who can genuinely compete for a premiership what's the point of wasting your money and time on them.

Nothing has changed from the start of the thread, staying the same with same seats and same members entitlements but right now I have zero motivation to go to any games.

I hope we make wholesale changes to the coaching department and playing lit.

Can not see Burton, Chapman, Fagan or Ricciuto leaving anytime soon.

For those who keep their memberships, I reckon not going en masse would be a pretty effective message of showing their disgust in the current reigime if this crap keeps up.

It would be very embarrassing for a Crows game to only have 25-30K attendance at Adelaide Oval, not to mention the hit to the SMA for the drop on sales of their overpriced poor resemblence of food and drinks for the masses. That would hurt the hip pocket, and be enough of a bad look to even get the media talking in Victoria.

An external review will still be handed to our CEO/board. It’s largely an excercise in futility as nothing will come from it.
In all seriousness, you think no one on that board has any desire to see the club get better? You don't think any of them have any commercial sense? You don't think any of them care for their reputation?

If they get an independent report telling them to do something and they don't, it will get out quicker than JJ rumour.

The real question is, will we get a report. I think with the huge pressure now we will. But I'm a bit more optimistic than most

We won’t get a completely external, independent review with adequate scope this off season. Zero chance!

Beyond a first wave of playing list changes and 1-2 assistant coach changes then nothing will happen this off season except smoke and mirrors.

It will get way worse before it gets better.

I’m giving the club till the end of next year for a complete suite of changes after the crisis hits rock bottom by mid next season.

By end Nov 2020 I want a new chairperson, footy director, PPT manager, vastly different coaching panel with no Campo and likely new senior coach, reinvigorated playing list with talented youth in key roles.

If this hasn’t happened by Nov 2020, I’m out.

As far as 2020 season, I’ll keep the memberships but not attend many games if no real changes by then.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In all seriousness, you think no one on that board has any desire to see the club get better? You don't think any of them have any commercial sense? You don't think any of them care for their reputation?

If they get an independent report telling them to do something and they don't, it will get out quicker than JJ rumour.

The real question is, will we get a report. I think with the huge pressure now we will. But I'm a bit more optimistic than most

They may want the club to get better, whether they are prepared to make the decisions necessary or know what decisions need to be made is a completely different matter though. I mean, don't you think that Pyke, Campo etc want to win the flag? Of course they do, but are they prepared to or do they know what needs to be done to get there. I don't think that a report will tell them that they need to sack persons A, B & C. So whatever the report says will just be interpreted and managed internally without anybody in high positions walking the plank.

For those who keep their memberships, I reckon not going en masse would be a pretty effective message of showing their disgust in the current reigime if this crap keeps up.

It would be very embarrassing for a Crows game to only have 25-30K attendance at Adelaide Oval, not to mention the hit to the SMA for the drop on sales of their overpriced poor resemblence of food and drinks for the masses. That would hurt the hip pocket, and be enough of a bad look to even get the media talking in Victoria.

I don’t buy any food or drinks at the Adelaide Oval anymore. Stopped doing that last year, way too expensive and refusing to go is just wasting my own money.

I think everyone on the Board wants to see the club get better. I also think they have some commercial sense and a reputation to keep

But

Most are volunteers , according to Chapmans own words , most are there 2 days a week, one of those match day. Most of them would defer most of the football knowledge to the football people and assume they would ''know what they are doing''

Its like anybody really. We all think we are giving 100% each and every day at work , but we really arent. We defer knowledge to those more experienced.

The words ' we know what we are doing , everything is going ok , its all noise '' would comfort those who dont use social media as much as most supporters do

Well I’d been on an interstate membership for the past five years but chose not to renew at the start of this year doe to last years s**t show. I’m looking like a ducking genius now. Glad the pricks didn’t get my money this year.

I think everyone on the Board wants to see the club get better. I also think they have some commercial sense and a reputation to keep

But

Most are volunteers , according to Chapmans own words , most are there 2 days a week, one of those match day. Most of them would defer most of the football knowledge to the football people and assume they would ''know what they are doing''

Its like anybody really. We all think we are giving 100% each and every day at work , but we really arent. We defer knowledge to those more experienced.

The words ' we know what we are doing , everything is going ok , its all noise '' would comfort those who dont use social media as much as most supporters do

I don’t think there’s a lot of commercial sense on the board at all.

Grabbed a couple of bronze memberships this season to go on the waiting list for silver reserved seats. Anyone here have any experience in how long you will likely wait for a reserved seat?

Would be happy enough with some at the back of the Riverbank stand. Would the chances of getting this be increased with the pitiful performance against Collingwood today?

It felt like Pyke is 100 percent sacked after today but if he is retained I imagine that would assist greatly in more seats becoming available.

I'm on year 3 this year and still waiting. Pretty confident i'll get offered next year.

Last game i went to was the West coast home game. Even when we were in front I said to my wife the bang for buck is pretty low nowadays. Didn't really enjoy it at all. Alot of it has to do with how we play. When you know you are not building the type of team who can genuinely compete for a premiership what's the point of wasting your money and time on them.
I think that's what is so different about now to the last 10-15 years. Everything about this year and last year has just felt to aimless. There has been no feeling of making inroads to a flag. Even the wins have felt shallow because who cares? We're nowhere near a flag.

Even in 2010, when we missed the finals for the first time in 10 years, and 2011 it still felt like we were building something. The quality of the youth coming through could not be denied (Dangerfield, Sloane, Walker, Davis, Gunston, Smith, Talia), you could see who we could build a flag around. And yeah, we faltered a few times and lost a lot of players, but it still felt like every setback was a stepping stone towards something bigger. Until we got to the big dance and shat ourselves. That day damaged the mindset of a lot of us, players and supporters. Why bother? Even when we're the best we still can't win it.

Now? We're treading water with no lifeguard on duty. Nothing about our current situation looks at all promising. We have some good youth (even if we refuse to play them until Round 20), but how much can they do with our inept and arrogant admin? I say it a lot, but it just feels like we are going nowhere.

I think that's what is so different about now to the last 10-15 years. Everything about this year and last year has just felt to aimless. There has been no feeling of making inroads to a flag. Even the wins have felt shallow because who cares? We're nowhere near a flag.

Even in 2010, when we missed the finals for the first time in 10 years, and 2011 it still felt like we were building something. The quality of the youth coming through could not be denied (Dangerfield, Sloane, Walker, Davis, Gunston, Smith, Talia), you could see who we could build a flag around. And yeah, we faltered a few times and lost a lot of players, but it still felt like every setback was a stepping stone towards something bigger. Until we got to the big dance and shat ourselves. That day damaged the mindset of a lot of us, players and supporters. Why bother? Even when we're the best we still can't win it.

Now? We're treading water with no lifeguard on duty. Nothing about our current situation looks at all promising. We have some good youth (even if we refuse to play them until Round 20), but how much can they do with our inept and arrogant admin? I say it a lot, but it just feels like we are going nowhere.
Good post. I know they are largely untried but imo our under 23s look as bad as they have ever looked. I don't see any genuine gun midfielders or kpps with the exception of Fog.

Good post. I know they are largely untried but imo our under 23s look as bad as they have ever looked. I don't see any genuine gun midfielders or kpps with the exception of Fog.

Chayce Jones has shown a fair bit each time he has been moved into the mids too

But yeah, it is slim pickings

Our U23’s are busy contending for a SANFL flag.

Our admin, coaches and senior players are mostly inept. But it’s not right to say there’s no promise in the 2’s

Back