Opinion 2020 Membership. What are you doing?

What are you doing with your membership for 2020?

• Current Gold Member downgrading to Silver

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Current Silver member downgrading to Bronze (3 game)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Current Gold/Silver/Bronze member not renewing at all

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Will only renew if you see active change in footy department/EXTERNAL review process

Votes: 40 27.6%
  • Keeping membership at same level/higher as 2019

Votes: 55 37.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 7.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I have not requested a refund and I paid my entire $600+ membership upfront. After waiting for a couple of weeks for them to respond to my email requesting a phone call, I decided to simply ignore all future communication from the club. Do I go in a lottery or as a fully paid upmember am I guaranteed a ticket for the St Kilda match?

My bush lawyer view is that I paid the AFC $600+ dollars for the right to attend 11 matches at Adelaide Oval. I have upheld my part of the agreement but they haven’t. Is it legally enforceable for them to impose a cut off date for members to request a part or total refund?

Should every member that has pledged $40 or more go into the lottery? Should those who have pledged 100% get first allocation of the tickets or do they get 2 tickets in the lottery, 75% gets you one and a half tickets and 50% one ticket?

I expect that it won’t be a problem. If there are 20,000 tickets available the problem will be finding 20,000 Crow members willing to go to the match 🙄.

If you're ignoring all communication from the club, then no, you won't get a ticket. You will need to enter the ballot like everyone else who has pledged 100% to the club (whom I assume get first dibs on the tickets).

If you're ignoring all communication from the club, then no, you won't get a ticket. You will need to enter the ballot like everyone else who has pledged 100% to the club (whom I assume get first dibs on the tickets).
I don't think the 100% pledgers will get first dibs. All pledge percentages 50, 75 & 100 state "game access in 2020 if permitted". They can't discriminate.

From the Terms and Conditions Letter

"Access to matches later in the season, if applicable
In the event that spectators may attend AFL matches later in the 2020 Toyota AFL Premiership Season, Adelaide Football Club members that have selected the 100% Pledge, 75% Pledge or 50% Pledge Options will be provided with match access as part of their selected membership option.
The Refund Option does not include 2020 match access should it become available."

When I spoke to membership department, they told me a 25% pledge would give us access to games, but the $60 option wouldn't.

I think any pledge will get you a gig in the ballot.

I await those that sought a full refund to now whinge about not getting first dibs on a ticket.

I don't think the 100% pledgers will get first dibs. All pledge percentages 50, 75 & 100 state "game access in 2020 if permitted". They can't discriminate.

It'll depend on how many people have pledged. If the ballot is oversubscribed, I can see it following a similar process to Grand Final tickets.

100% pledgers will get first priority, then the 75% pledgers, then 50%, then the others.

Non-Selection:
If no option is selected on a member account by Friday 26 June 2020, member selection will default to 100% Pledge option.
I am aware of this but I am not convinced that it is legally enforceable. I would prefer to make a decision regarding how much I will donate when I know the level of services provided to me; 10 home games, five, one or just a nice email or two. Since the only communication I have received from the club related to 100%, 75% or 50% donations I suspect they are not on firm ground demanding that I make a decision by 26 June. Throw in the fact that I sent two requests to phone me and they didn’t do this makes their case a little shaky.

Fages has spoken.....

Hi Everyone,

This season is like no other and it has been full of ups and downs, as well as twists and turns, but perhaps most exciting is the fact the Crows family can now come together to watch the team play at Adelaide Oval.
Trying to think of these "ups" Fagan mentions.

We haven't had a COVID-19 breach lately!
We haven't had a board member publicly bagging former players for over a week!
Record number of membership phone calls!

Trying to think of these "ups" Fagan mentions.

We haven't had a COVID-19 breach lately!
We haven't had a board member publicly bagging former players for over a week!
Record number of membership phone calls!

It's now the players bagging other players

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wait the club is seriously trying to claim it was a malfunction with his phone?

How ******* stupid do they think we are?

Jesus the club just becomes more and more of a joke.

They've done a retweet showing ROB with a broken phone.

Surely on their incone they could easily repair/replace a broken phone. This is just pathetic from both ROB and the club.

I think any pledge will get you a gig in the ballot.

I await those that sought a full refund to now whinge about not getting first dibs on a ticket.

I took the 60 dollar option and don't care I won't be a chance to get a ticket. This was my opportunity to protest and this was the only way to do it.

They've done a retweet showing ROB with a broken phone.

Surely on their incone they could easily repair/replace a broken phone. This is just pathetic from both ROB and the club.

But even if his phone was broken. A malfunctioning phone isn't going to somehow magically copy some text from a notes application, open up another application and post it...

Honestly they should have just claimed his twitter was hacked, would have been more believable.

But even if his phone was broken. A malfunctioning phone isn't going to somehow magically copy some text from a notes application, open up another application and post it...

Honestly they should have just claimed his twitter was hacked, would have been more believable.
The club didn’t say anything. He owned posting his notes to Twitter, just included that his phones been playing up

The club didn’t say anything. He owned posting his notes to Twitter, just included that his phones been playing up

yeah he clearly wasn't trying to create a link between those two things... just randomly happened to mention it. Also randomly happened to film a video of a broken phone.

yeah he clearly wasn't trying to create a link between those two things... just randomly happened to mention it. Also randomly happened to film a video of a broken phone.
Probably threw against a wall when he realised what he’d done :p

Maybe watch his follow up video before you blame the club

Well the club retweeted the post. Not the wisest choice.
It’s almost like no one has a sense of humour anymore .. he ****ed up and owned it. Plus put himself in the spotlight for this weeks game with NN coming off of a BOG game last week

I think it’s funny. Seems whoever is on Twitter for the club today does as well

Your post is confusing, if you didn't pay a membership, are you are member?
I see the confusion and it’s because my sarcasm was lost in translation

Yes, I am a paying seated member, and have been since 98. What i was trying to say is what is the point of being a seated member only to then go into a ballot to see if I am allowed to use my seat!!

Ballot details have been released by the club, and it looks like it'll be run similar to the GF ballot, but based on pledges.

Priority 1: 100% pledger season ticket holders
Priority 2: 50-75% pledger season ticket holders
Priority 3: less than 50% pledger season ticket holders, other members who have pledged any amount

I think this is a fair order for the ballot. I'd say most/all of priority 1 would get tickets, as will some priority 2's. I'd be surprised if any drip down to priority 3 to be honest.

I also believe those who sit in the CSG bay (and pledged) have a guaranteed ticket to the game.

Back