Opinion 2020 Membership. What are you doing?

What are you doing with your membership for 2020?

• Current Gold Member downgrading to Silver

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Current Silver member downgrading to Bronze (3 game)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Current Gold/Silver/Bronze member not renewing at all

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Will only renew if you see active change in footy department/EXTERNAL review process

Votes: 40 27.6%
  • Keeping membership at same level/higher as 2019

Votes: 55 37.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 7.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Why would you keep Gold though? Wouldn’t she prefer to spend that money on herself?

She's a rabid fan (way more than me). We don't really go out much apart from the games (unless its a band we both like) so its a nice outing for us both for the most part. She doesn't post on here (that I know of?) but she's pretty pissed

Gave up my 2x gold tkts end of last year
Season tkt holder since day 1 and gold since day 1 ( 1998 ) .
Just not interested in 11 games a year anymore
The AFL has become so contrived and manipulative now it's not worth investing any passion in it
It's a business
I'll still support the team until free to air disappears as well and they make you take out a TV membership and try to get to one game a year

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

She's a rabid fan (way more than me). We don't really go out much apart from the games (unless its a band we both like) so its a nice outing for us both for the most part. She doesn't post on here (that I know of?) but she's pretty pi**ed
Yeah but you can do all that without Gold. All gold will give you is a poxy gift because we ain’t playing off in a GF anytime soon.

Undecided at present. Disappointed with the last few years and the club needs a clean out of deadwood--admin, coaches, players. We can't attract good players at Adelaide, but sure know how to lose them. I've been a supporter since before the bounce of the ball in our first game and a member for a decade or so since I stopped working Friday and Saturday nights. I'm losing interest in footy for the 1st time in my life. Mostly it's the contrived nature of the business AFL has become, but I'm also disillusioned with the AFC and the nonsensical way the club is run.
Next year I may go and support the Aldinga Sharks. They don't win many, but there's a good sprit in that club.

Undecided at present. Disappointed with the last few years and the club needs a clean out of deadwood--admin, coaches, players. We can't attract good players at Adelaide, but sure know how to lose them. I've been a supporter since before the bounce of the ball in our first game and a member for a decade or so since I stopped working Friday and Saturday nights. I'm losing interest in footy for the 1st time in my life. Mostly it's the contrived nature of the business AFL has become, but I'm also disillusioned with the AFC and the nonsensical way the club is run.
Next year I may go and support the Aldinga Sharks. They don't win many, but there's a good sprit in that club.
Most of the local clubs offer what has been taken away by the AFL, at the worst , you can go to the footy without the league trying to pick your pocket.

A lot of comments here just seem to be like social media activism.

The less i need to do, the more the impact!
Not really
If we become to the club nothing more than a pocket to pick then we are able to hurt them most by withdrawing our $$
As to wether they will listen or care about that doesn't matter cos currently they are not going to care or listen anyway
And that's the way they want it
They make it so your membership doesn't actually mean you can actually have an influence on things
Remember in 2000 when Ross Dillon was going to be voted onto the board as a voice for change and the people who held the votes to get him there were sacked ......that's our club !

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

What's the SACA membership worth ??

Mind you they're not exactly an organisation I want to give my money too either.
About 350 ish, can’t recall exactly.

Best membership by far. Apart from the cricket obviously, I can use the corporate boxes at AO for Crows on a user pays basis. I can also guest passes for footy at MCG, SCG and Gabba.

It’s clear that I share no common interests with the AFC, so why would I be a financial member.

About 350 ish, can’t recall exactly.

Best membership by far. Apart from the cricket obviously, I can use the corporate boxes at AO for Crows on a user pays basis. I can also guest passes for footy at MCG, SCG and Gabba.

It’s clear that I share no common interests with the AFC, so why would I be a financial member.
Good points for sure, but it shows you how dire things are that I'd rather consider a membership from the most inept sporting organisation in the state, if not the country.

The club think us supporters are idiots and that offends me greatly. Part of the reason I'm not a member
You know #scorpus I read your posts and you come across as well informed, knowledgeable, concerned for the club and authoritive. Why cant a bloke like you find a way to make a lot of noise. Get in touch with the radio stations, past players, newpapers...what ever because thats the only way to make the change. You seem to have all the qualities an individual needs to start a movement. And no I am not sucking up.

You know #scorpus I read your posts and you come across as well informed, knowledgeable, concerned for the club and authoritive. Why cant a bloke like you find a way to make a lot of noise. Get in touch with the radio stations, past players, newpapers...what ever because thats the only way to make the change. You seem to have all the qualities an individual needs to start a movement. And no I am not sucking up.

I think to make any serious inroads you need to have good connections on the inside and respect in the industry. I have no connections to the industry whatsoever, nor do I have the time to organize anything. If I had both, I'd probably be an "agitator", as Trigg used to say

Being a Glenelg support since I was 8 you get used to being at the bottom of the table most of the time. But even living here in Brisbane I still follow the bays. I have never seen them win a flag. I was in Darwin back in 73, in Tasmania for the 85 & 86 and I certainly didnt see the 1934 win. The point I never lost nterest in the Bays and its that type of sentiment that dictates to me that I will never lose interest in the Crows. I guess that I will continue to get frustrated and annoyed for the rest of my life.

So whilst I will not renew my interstate membership I will renew my Lions membership so I can at least watch some footy and when the Crows play up at the gabba I will wear my Crows cap to the game.

I think to make any serious inroads you need to have good connections on the inside and respect in the industry. I have no connections to the industry whatsoever, nor do I have the time to organize anything. If I had both, I'd probably be an "agitator", as Trigg used to say
Its a pity because thats what we need. There must be someone within Big Footy who has those connections. We need to find him and get him motivated. We Fly as One but whats the point of flying in the murder if the murder is full of misguided leaders.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't mind people making a statement because I think the club does need a message. I also don't have anything against the people who think we need change but are willing to stay true. Good on you.

I'm just gonna sick with my 3 game (plus mates tickets). I still love getting along for a few games and I still support the players and the Guernsey. Everyone is different but for me if you go through the bad times and are still there, the good times will feel even better. It's a tricky one

I think those issues and a soft draw gave us all a fair bit of hope. Turns out we should have listened to the Carlton supporters who banged on about how we weren’t going to be as good as we thought that we’d be. If the drop off from this year to next is the same, I’ll agree with you. But my gut feel is that this year, being crap with no camp and no massive injury list, combined with fielding our oldest side, whilst being absolutely average in every manner, will be where a hit will be experienced.
It's still been unpredicted. There's been a systematic form slump from every age group and the game plan has gone backwards at a rate.

I don't think we were a shot at the flag but we definitely should have been better than we were given the list. Lucky to even be around the 8.

With the seats I managed to snag at Adelaide oval
I’d keep my membership even if I lived abroad
Would want them if I was ever in town.

I’ve also been a gold since 2009. I have thought at times dropping it. As well as right now.
But 2 things.
2005 - we were coming off a pathetic 2004 season with an old side. Shot right up the ladder even then.
2017 - everyone jumped up to gold during the season that it filled up quickly. I had mates on silver who couldn’t attend the gf.

Knowing those 2 seasons I just can’t do it. Yes, I know that the money saved on not paying gold could go into savings to attend the gf via a corporate package. But say we have a hawthorn 08-15 run. Forking out 5 times in 8 years?

FWIW - I am fully on the sack burton sack hart bandwagons. However, I won’t sign a petition but wouldn’t complain if we sacked pyke too.

I s**t you not, the missus and I had that for dinner last night. Party Balfours pies and chips, cooked in our air fryers, eaten in bed while watching Veronica Mars. What a night, much better than getting plastered at the golf club and blowing $150 like I used to do week in and week out.

Veronica Mars, she’s sassy!!!
Balfours?
Mate that’s a worse decision than anything the crows have done.

As supporters it feels like we are doing this wrong.

Change comes from people forcing it.

As i said elsewhere, shouldn't we all commit to being voting members and then attend the AGM with a single message?

I’ll be at the AGM 100% and will wear a raincoat in preparation for being spat on and have apricot slices thrown at me by the oldies for dare questioning what the club is doing and the direction it is going.

I'm sure there's a few people on this forum who can open a few doors. You are more of an articulate voice for the masses.

Renewing 4 memberships in this household. Never done it before but this time we all picked scarves AND all added hats for extra cost.

I can just imagine Roo oiling himself up for a tug reading this.
More like copping a reach around from Burton while Campo watches

Back