Opinion 2020 Membership. What are you doing?

What are you doing with your membership for 2020?

• Current Gold Member downgrading to Silver

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Current Silver member downgrading to Bronze (3 game)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Current Gold/Silver/Bronze member not renewing at all

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Will only renew if you see active change in footy department/EXTERNAL review process

Votes: 40 27.6%
  • Keeping membership at same level/higher as 2019

Votes: 55 37.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 7.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Current Bronze member, not renewing unless the off-season gives me a reason to.

Will probably still go to a few games as it's the only chance I really catch to catch up with a mate I rarely see (he's dropping his bronze too). But apart from not getting a shitty cap or scarf there's no difference in just paying for a ticket as opposed to using the membership as we usually upgrade to seats anyway.

Last edited:
I’ll be at the AGM 100% and will wear a raincoat in preparation for being spat on and have apricot slices thrown at me by the oldies for dare questioning what the club is doing and the direction it is going.
Are you a AFC member or AO member?

I want to join up so I can go to the AGM, just not clear how as an AO member

I sold my tickets late last year but kept the membership in my name.had a stroke around Christmas and would find it too bloody difficult to get to my seats due to stairs. So I expect to sell them again later in the year. I swear if I put the same effort this year as the crows have, I’d still be in a hospital bed.

Current Gold Member, and have been for over ten years (and a club member for much longer than that). I will be downgrading my membership to attend games only, so whatever that makes my membership level.

I’m over the way the club is run - Complacent boys club who don’t care about winning a flag. I’m also over the league we play in - Engineered against non-Victorian teams. This has been a long time coming.

I’ll still be at games, but honestly the die hard supporter in me is now gone. The main driver to attend matches now is to catch up with mates, which is probably healthier. After 15-20 years of banging my head against a brick wall my energy is better spent elsewhere.

I wont be giving up my membership, I like watching my team live and I get to catch up with a group of old friends and drink ridiculously overpriced ordinary beer out of plastic cups!

I will however be cancelling my gold as a protest to the inept administration of my club.

I sold my tickets late last year but kept the membership in my name.had a stroke around Christmas and would find it too bloody difficult to get to my seats due to stairs. So I expect to sell them again later in the year. I swear if I put the same effort this year as the crows have, I’d still be in a hospital bed.
Had a family member have a stroke
One step at a time and best of luck

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

What I found interesting was looking at the figures the other day and seeing that numbers had only dropped off slightly (less than a thousand) from 2018 to 2019. Did I read that correctly?

If that’s accurate you’d have to assert that AFC members are the most stunningly loyal of any fans in the game.

That media conference with Pyke and Burton last year was the most incredibly disastrous PR spectacle almost in the history of the AFL. Everything the club did from a PR perspective last year, up to and including that horrific media conference, was wrong. It was a how-to manual on everything you could fu** up while dealing with a potential brand disintegration.

So they f’ed up twice. Once, with the camp. Two, with the handling of the fallout. Two colossal fu**-ups that derailed an entire season of football.

And yet, they’ve paid no price. Not a single person involved paid a price. Nothing. Zero. Including from a membership perspective.

Is it any wonder they continue on thinking their s**t doesn’t stink?

You have to look deeper than the raw numbers. Only 4 of 18 teams recorded reduction in membership numbers. We are the only one of the top 7 clubs in membership to record a reduction. St Kilda, Freo and Port were the on,y other clubs to record a reduction in membership.

I also think that this year will be the teller, going into this year we were still only 18 months from playing off in a GF, 2018 had horrible injuries. Despite the CM and Burton debacles there was still plenty to be hopeful about if we kept the list fit.

End of the day we’ve kept the list fit, yet are no better than we were last year.

I expect a more significant drop going into 2020. The thing the AFC has going for it is tickets have been so hard to get a hold of since our inception that members find it hard to let go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still undecided re membership, will probably hold but probably shouldn’t given how bad this club has become.

As others have said, happy to stick with the club through tough times, but when the tough times are of our own making and we refuse to make obvious corrections due to sheer arrogance and incompetence of leadership... that’s a adiffernt story.

Still undecided re membership, will probably hold but probably shouldn’t given how bad this club has become.

As others have said, happy to stick with the club through tough times, but when the tough times are of our own making and we refuse to make obvious corrections due to sheer arrogance and incompetence of leadership... that’s a differnt story.

This is my point. When the decisions being made are not conducive to change and improvement ("lets just do the same things with the same players and same assistants") Why bother? It's getting us nowhere but backwards

As disappointing as the results have been on field, I'll be keeping my membership. If anything, I'll probably add a women's membership.

I've still attended Adrenaline matches this season despite them not winning a game so far this season (and unlikely to win one - at least in regulation anyway).

I had a Victorian interstate membership but it was really poor value and we only got access to 3 games, then they tried to sell us $80 tickets to the Ballarat game...bugger that.

I was doing direct debit but switched cards and didn't bother updating the details with the AFC. If things start changing in the off season I'll look at a membership of some sort, but if not they ain't getting anymore money from me.

(Current Silver member) Been a member since 1991... the past 2 years i have wasted money by not even rocking up.. i have been to 1 game in 2 seasons now and wont be going this week. I dont enjoy it anymore, i hate the way the club is, hate they way it is run, Cant stand its medioce ways.. I want Roo, Burton, Fagan, Chapman, Pyke, Campo & Hart gone! I want a massive list overhaul... an external review. This club has underachieved the past 20 years.. we should have at least 4 premiership cups in our trophy cabinet.. 2017 was the last straw for me.. they way we fell apart GF week/Day and the aftermath was a disgrace.
I won't be renewing in 2020. i used to love footy and love going to games.. it was my most favorite thing to do but the past 2 years i have lost that passion. I was 14/15 years old when we won those 2 flags, grew up in the golden era when players and the club was larger than life.. to me, in 2019 its nowhere near the same. The club is a basketcase.. 2017 will always haunt us cos i cant see us getting another crack for a very long time. Enough is enough.. i will just watch the games on the couch and switch off when they pi $$ me off

That’s no good mate! Hopefully you can get seats that are fully accessible. Hope your rehab is moving forward for you.

I s**t you not, the missus and I had that for dinner last night. Party Balfours pies and chips, cooked in our air fryers, eaten in bed while watching Veronica Mars. What a night, much better than getting plastered at the golf club and blowing $150 like I used to do week in and week out.

Veronica Mars, she’s sassy!!!
Baaa ha ha ha, the movie or the series?

We watched the movie a few nights ago. It was ****ing awful but we both enjoyed it immensely.

Back