Opinion 2020 Membership. What are you doing?

What are you doing with your membership for 2020?

• Current Gold Member downgrading to Silver

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Current Silver member downgrading to Bronze (3 game)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Current Gold/Silver/Bronze member not renewing at all

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Will only renew if you see active change in footy department/EXTERNAL review process

Votes: 40 27.6%
  • Keeping membership at same level/higher as 2019

Votes: 55 37.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 7.6%

• Total voters
I had a Victorian interstate membership but it was really poor value and we only got access to 3 games, then they tried to sell us $80 tickets to the Ballarat game...bugger that.

I was doing direct debit but switched cards and didn't bother updating the details with the AFC. If things start changing in the off season I'll look at a membership of some sort, but if not they ain't getting anymore money from me.
are you not on the Victorian pay as you go membership?

as a vic member, i'm keeping my membership as is (which is the lowest $50 membership, then pay for each game I go to)

had been looking at gold the past few years, but will not be doing that for the foreseeable future

also, i'm really looking forward to the end of season survey to come out

Mike Smyth

Cancelled
10k Posts
Oct 8, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
So it looks like the majority will not be dropping their membership or holding the AFC accountable for the disastrous last few years. If they can destroy a premiership window and get away with it really they can do anything like.

So it looks like the majority will not be dropping their membership or holding the AFC accountable for the disastrous last few years. If they can destroy a premiership window and get away with it really they can do anything like.

While I understand this viewpoint is a valid one and the feelings of disgust real.....I would simply ask those that share this sentiment to consider for a second that it is possible people hold onto their memberships for entirely personal (and important to them) reasons.

For instance, could be a cherished family tradition, or a way to feel connected with a parent who was a huge supporter and passed on, etc... I know it would be very difficult for me to justify withholding my membership because I personally understand the good having those tickets does.

There are many many ways to express disapproval towards the organization.

I just think that expressing disappointment at others over how they chose to handle their memberships is barking up the wrong tree so to speak.

Feel like a message needs to be sent by all means---but disapproval of others who don't chose to express that message the way you think it ought to be, not so wonderful.

And just to be crystal clear---this is directed to anyone that has expressed that sort of sentiment and not to any individual in particular, your post just happened to be the one I used.

Country_Crow

Senior List
May 12, 2017
Aotearoa
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Ham United, Charlotte Hornets
I'm a fully paid up 7 year interstate member and haven't been to any of my allocated games in the last couple of years due to work and residing in NSW. Finally able to attend the Crows vs Dogs game in Ballarat (Vic).

Emailed the club to see if I could get my member tickets for this game, keep in mind I haven't used any in a few years despite paying the $100 plus fees and they've just informed me that unfortunately they can't assist in the matter and it's unfortunate I couldn't attend the one NSW game.

What a load of s**t, why would I bother renewing my membership if they can't come to the party the one time I can actually attend a game. They were good enough to tell me which bay the Crows supporters are in and a link to Ticketmaster to get tickets....

Cheers Crows :thumbsu:

Oct 1, 2004
The Bay
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide
I'm out. Silver member reserved seats since Adelaide Oval commenced. Upgraded to gold with Walshy. Roo in, big hopes. Went to GF in Melb, supported the team til the very end of that game.

Will always support them, but not giving my hard earned (goes up each year nearly $60 per game now) and invest energy to put up with mediocrity. Let someone else go on the journey.

Will put those energies into SANFL club plus other fun stuff. Life is short.

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
I wonder what will be the tipping point re. constant membership increases above CPI?

I only have two tickets and split going with my old man or a mate, no idea how a family could afford to attend 11 games.

Its nice we pay so much more for the exact same seat as Powah members and yet their club gets about $2 million more than the AFC each year from the AFL.

Perhaps the AFC could reduce our membership prices to their level and we could get the same handouts Port do.

rocket18

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Goody Saints
I'm out. Silver member reserved seats since Adelaide Oval commenced. Upgraded to gold with Walshy. Roo in, big hopes. Went to GF in Melb, supported the team til the very end of that game.

Will always support them, but not giving my hard earned (goes up each year nearly $60 per game now) and invest energy to put up with mediocrity. Let someone else go on the journey.

Will put those energies into SANFL club plus other fun stuff. Life is short.

Agree some what, I put my time into my local club (I've joined as a Patron Saint for the last 2 seasons) and attend each home game - couldn't give two hoots about SANFL.

For me it is either the elite level or grass roots level, not the joke the SANFL are.

Apr 6, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
As a 13 year Vic member, I tried to inform them last week not to auto-renew. They responded with ''we cannot make changes until after round 23. As your membership includes rd 23 in Ballarat.'' I tried to say, fine, just don't auto-renew. Deaf ears. Like I am going to travel to Ballarat to watch that...
I'm not renewing unless changes happen.

Back