Opinion 2020 Membership. What are you doing?

What are you doing with your membership for 2020?

• Current Gold Member downgrading to Silver

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Current Silver member downgrading to Bronze (3 game)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Current Gold/Silver/Bronze member not renewing at all

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Will only renew if you see active change in footy department/EXTERNAL review process

Votes: 40 27.6%
  • Keeping membership at same level/higher as 2019

Votes: 55 37.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 7.6%

• Total voters
I had to pick my seats using my phone while at lunch, I couldn't get the map to work
Same
But I like the idea of trying seats around the ground
Kinda want to try our originally allocated seats from the move to ao
But we saw 537 row b available and jumped before season 1

We were initially put in the bay closest to the scoreboard in row a on the 500 level.

I_Was_There

All Australian
Mar 28, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Glenelg
ANY CLEVER IDEAS?

Some creative people on here may solve this for me. Membership continually say no, not possible as can't have two different options on same membership.

Problem:
* One membership (Essential Crows) with two tickets (wife and I)
* I want to pledge 50% for my ticket and wife wants full refund and cancel ($40) for her ticket
* If cancel both, can't go with my mates who also pledged 50% and in Group 2 for ticket allocations

Have emailed twice and called once (queue of 1 today on hold!) but no luck.

They just can't split the membership and do two different things for each ticket!

Any clever ideas or has anyone succeeded at achieving this and can share how?

(Ideally I don't want a solution that places my mates having to go in the ticket draw each game at lower than their current group 2 as to ask this is unfair of them).

I guess I just cancel both tickets! (and I sign up again for next year). Having been a Football Park member, then and Adelaide Oval football member, and now Essential Crow member (sick of free loading Port supporters wanting my AO ticket for port games) don't really want to throw it in.

North Adelaide vs West Adelaide - 529B
Adelaide vs St Kilda - 133
Adelaide vs Essendon - 302
Adelaide vs Melbourne - 326

Nearly went 410 just to try that

Just trying different spots so I know what to take when (/if) we make finals in the future.

From my research over the years

525 (front) for prelim vs Geelong
~541 (middle) for qualifying vs GWS
~131 (back) for elimination vs North
133 (middle) for St Kilda this year
~533 (middle) for 2014 away showdown
~543 (back) 2019 away showdown
~143 for 2018 away showdown
142 for 2017 away showdown
Hill for 2015 away showdown
537 (front) for home games
~332 open coroporate boxes for aflw pf
302 for aflw gf and Essendon this year
529b for North vs West this year
135 for all other sanfl games ive attended

Honestly feel that lower grandstand is the best seats in the stadium, whether its behind the goals or on the wing. Great view either way. High enough you can read the play. But youre not too far back you can still enjoy the atmosphere as youre surrounded by screaming fans. The 2019 showdown I was in the furthest back row of reserved seating before it went to ga. Not much noise coming from behind. View is still good, but the atmosphere is less :(

And the lower down you are you cant really see the other side of the ground very well. I learned that at the MCG all those years ago so avoided the red seats at AO like the plague. Only time Ive ever paid for red seats at AO was for the International Rules plus my only Strikers T20 game Ive been to.

If youre going for the atmosphere, start as low as possible and just work back slowly
If youre going for the game, start about 10 rows back into the grandstand and work yourself away from that 1 row at a time
If youre going for everything, start in row 2 of the grand stand and work yourself away from that 1 row at a time (Row 1 can have a restricted view due to the metal bars at the base of the walkways and to hold the glass panels up

Grooster24

Club Legend
May 27, 2015
Dlusional
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
For me it's in the Riverbank Stand.
Elevated to see the entire ground.
Behind the goals allows you to see the structure and ball movement better down the ground.
Tried on the wing and have gone back to Riverbank Stand.

For me it's in the Riverbank Stand.
Elevated to see the entire ground.
Behind the goals allows you to see the structure and ball movement better down the ground.
Tried on the wing and have gone back to Riverbank Stand.
Yeah
Both are great.

And have their advantages.

Behind the goals is better to read the play, but when you're 180m awya from the far end kinda sucks.
Staying wing is slightly worse on reading the play but much better in seeing whats happening in those small contests

I for one wouldve much rathered seeing the Sloane-Dangerfield collision from the wing than the riverbank stand.

Apr 1, 2011
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NAFC
Got my annual survey for my membership, it's hammer time.
Ooooh boy...

Capture.PNG

Vhaluus

Cancelled
10k Posts
May 13, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
They should have only sent the survey to the people that didn't donate.

Those that did are already captured fools, and there is no value gained from their opinions.

Of course there is, they need to keep the fools appeased so they can continue to ignore the informed. Works in football as in politics.

Back