Opinion 2020 Membership. What are you doing?

What are you doing with your membership for 2020?

• Current Gold Member downgrading to Silver

Votes: 21 14.5%
  • Current Silver member downgrading to Bronze (3 game)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Current Gold/Silver/Bronze member not renewing at all

Votes: 18 12.4%
  • Will only renew if you see active change in footy department/EXTERNAL review process

Votes: 40 27.6%
  • Keeping membership at same level/higher as 2019

Votes: 55 37.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 7.6%

• Total voters

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Ticketek should rebrand as McDonalds.

This morning - on two occasions I was given completely different bays to the bay I selected (including one on the opposite side of the ground), before they finally got the bay right on the third attempt.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Reading through this thread and I'm kind of surprised there are people still willing to give money to the club.

On the one hand I want to applaud people for their loyalty but on the other hand, their continued patronage stifles any chance that meaningful changes will happen at the club.

Last edited:

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Reading through this thread and I'm kind of surprised there are people still willing to give money to the club.
Yeh unfortunately its an addiction. Footy to me is an addiction and I cant imagine not going. Even when we suck as bad as this. Thats what supporting a club is. You take the good but with it you also have to accept the bad.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
Yeh unfortunately its an addiction. Footy to me is an addiction and I cant imagine not going. Even when we suck as bad as this. Thats what supporting a club is. You take the good but with it you also have to accept the bad.
I can accept that a rebuilding side won't win many games. I will not accept the club being so bad that they aren't even AFL standard though. The Crows are so bad right now they are actually making the league worse just by existing. I'm not paying for this s**t and anybody who does is a ******* rube.

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I can accept that a rebuilding side won't win many games. I will not accept the club being so bad that they aren't even AFL standard though. The Crows are so bad right now they are actually making the league worse just by existing. I'm not paying for this sh*t and anybody who does is a ******* rube.
But then when we are back up the top again winning a premiership you will come back.

May 29, 2011
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt
But then when we are back up the top again winning a premiership you will come back.
I never left. I still track the club's progress, watch our games, watch our reserves (when possible). I just don't think the club is entitled to my money at the moment. Loyalists like yourself think you're somehow morally superior even though you're actually just gullible rubes who are actively making the club worse by supporting a regime that is completely incompetent.

Any talk of premierships is just a fantasy. The people who brought our are club down in the first place are the people who lead it now and they will not leave their positions nor do members have any way to remove them. The only way the club can turn around is to purge the administration and the only way to do that is to stop giving them our money. A downturn in profits will force the AFL to remove our board of directors. It's the only hope we have.

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
Am I reading it right that we have to pay to go to the Hawthorn game? That’s a bit cheeky by the AFL isn’t it?
Can't the Hawthorn paid up members who are stuck in Victoria and have tickets to this 'home' game give us their tickets if they can't use them?

The AFL are in effect selling them twice.

Jun 21, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
49ers, AFC Wimbledon, Utah Jazz
Has anyone received anything from the club with information about the Hawthorn game?

There was no email or info from the club about the Geelong game aside from a brief SMS message (I had to go back digging through old emails to find my barcodes) and once again there is nothing from the club about the arrangements for next Tuesday despite the tickets becoming available at 11am tomorrow.

The communication from the club in relation to access to games over the last few weeks has been absolutely deplorable, they can't even be bothered to let the members know what's happening yet they like to give lip service about how much the supporters and members supposedly mean to the club.

Piss poor.

Has anyone received anything from the club with information about the Hawthorn game?

There was no email or info from the club about the Geelong game aside from a brief SMS message (I had to go back digging through old emails to find my barcodes) and once again there is nothing from the club about the arrangements for next Tuesday despite the tickets becoming available at 11am tomorrow.

The communication from the club in relation to access to games over the last few weeks has been absolutely deplorable, they can't even be bothered to let the members know what's happening yet they like to give lip service about how much the supporters and members supposedly mean to the club.

Piss poor.

I got an email Monday and another one today informing me that tickets go on sale to members tomorrow.

Apr 28, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal, West Adelaide

Piss poor.
Recieved an email on Monday about the Hawthorn game and then again today with the code word. Just like every other game. An email around a week before the game, then one a few days later with barcodes the day before they are on sale.

Jan 6, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood

Piss poor.
Tickets go on sale tomorrow. I got an email mid afternoon

Jack is Back

Premiership Player
Apr 17, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
How hard is it to understand that it is a Hawthorn game so the AFC are not directly involved in allocating the tickets?

The SA based Hawks members get first dibs. Since the Hawks v Essendon match at Adelaide Oval is not sold out it is likely that there will be well over 5,000 tickets for Crows “members”. The $30 price applies equally to Crows members and the great unwashed who can buy any tickets that remain tomorrow afternoon.

The ”concession” for “ pledged AFC members” is that they can access the tickets earlier, fron 11 a.m. tomorrow. This was a concession arranged for the pledged members but it is a very loose arrangement. If you can guess the magic password anyone can log on at 11 a.m. and buy up to 8 tickets. No need for membership numbers etc.

Any guesses on the magic password?

tell me itll cost me $30
get on at 1100
dont let me choose seats
Go through everything and get told

That'll be $100 (+fee) for your seats

BULLSH*T TICKETEK

If you let me choose those seats fine. But it's bs you throw people into these seats without a choice.

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
tell me itll cost me $30
get on at 1100
dont let me choose seats

BULLSH*T TICKETEK

If you let me choose those seats fine. But it's bs you throw people into these seats without a choice.
Are they kidding? Dont the AFL and ticketek communicate. $30 for us to go to this game.

crows dude

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 20, 2005
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
tell me itll cost me $30
get on at 1100
dont let me choose seats

BULLSH*T TICKETEK

Nah it is $30. SMA are free. You got to enter your barcode

Just got mine for free

Back