2020 membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately the AFL will cut the spending cap right back so we can’t really take advantage of other clubs being unable to spend at the same rate as us.
Will help to have the office focussing on the best ways to spend rather than the best ways to get the money in the first place though.

And we'll have money to invest to stay ahead. As long as we are smart we can build our advantage over time.

Unfortunately the AFL will cut the spending cap right back so we can’t really take advantage of other clubs being unable to spend at the same rate as us.
Will help to have the office focussing on the best ways to spend rather than the best ways to get the money in the first place though.

so if we have the money to spend on extra employees etc compared to other clubs who have jack s**t we won't be able to do so ? I think the AFL should allow clubs that aren't asking for assistance which will be like 4 clubs to be able to spend what they were before covid19 ? that is if the club is wanting to do it.

If by season end still no crowds , I don’t know how clubs could possibly sell reserved seats for next year , not sure if even legal
If by seasons end no crowds , you would expect a refund for reserved seats, the clubs won’t be treated differently to other companies , and they shouldn’t , I still think me,berships should stay as they are but the extras, like seats should be refunded or a credit given for next year.

The normal membership i have no problem with, i have reserved seats that have the guarantee of a GF ticket. None of these can be delivered in 2020, what should happen in this situation?
Refund or credit for next year

Depending how prolonged the bans on live sport last it will undoubtedly impact everyone’s membership numbers next year . If by Christmas still not clear , 50% re signing would be a good result
I will continue with my three, but for others it may be dependent on employment etc

the clubs won’t be treated differently to other companies , and they shouldn’t ,
I believe they should be as they are non for profit and do great work out in the community, it would be great if people could consider them as a charity for this year. Hopefully jobkeeper and jobseeker have helped those in need.

Refund or credit for next year

This would impact terribly on most clubs, who wants their club to struggle. Not me

I will continue with my three
As will I and everyone I have spoken to

Last edited:
Have we hit 100,000 members yet?!?
This has to be a massive goal for the club, I know it’ll be very difficult to achieve but our website has as listed as 97k, surely we can get there?

I know it may not be an appropriate comment or goal but it would be awesome to still achieve 100k given the circumstances.

This has to be a massive goal for the club, I know it’ll be very difficult to achieve but our website has as listed as 97k, surely we can get there?

I know it may not be an appropriate comment or goal but it would be awesome to still achieve 100k given the circumstances.

Do we know how many memberships have been cancelled/ refunded?

I agree, it's more about support now than ever before. Whilst many in Club land are largely self-serving (and that's not being critical just candid) there are also an even greater number who work selflessly, with efforts way beyond any sort of remuneration they may or may not receive. Collectively they bring us the fans a lot of joy, and now is time, AS A SUPPORTER - BIG OR SMALL, where the rubber hits the road.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has anyone got an email regarding membership options for the remaining games? I see other clubs and AFL members have got theirs and since Richmond has a pretty good track record for looking after members I would have thought we would have been one of the first to see our options.

Has anyone got an email regarding membership options for the remaining games? I see other clubs and AFL members have got theirs and since Richmond has a pretty good track record for looking after members I would have thought we would have been one of the first to see our options.
email from B Gale GA will be avised May 27
Reserved seat and premium advised June 3

The normal membership i have no problem with, i have reserved seats that have the guarantee of a GF ticket. None of these can be delivered in 2020, what should happen in this situation?
The reserved seats should be refunded, the club does not get the full dollars, ticketek gets that money

Surely we would have 2000 Richmond supporters in queensland that would buy memberships to go to the games there

100k would be a massive number this year and really put us in the spotlight and our sponsors would love that

I reckon you should watch this space in the next few weeks.

Haere Ra

Remove this Banner Ad

Back