2020 membership

Remove this Banner Ad

True enough. But those 50k bandwagoners do make it harder to get finals tickets. If there was a better system for finals ticketing that prioritized members according to number of years of membership, then it'd be all sunshine and roses.
Not Grand Final. Those tickets are prioritised based on years membership. Other finals only just sold out, so I really don’t think it’s an issue.

Not Grand Final. Those tickets are prioritised based on years membership. Other finals only just sold out, so I really don’t think it’s an issue.

I've attended every final but the 2017 granny in the last few years but I expect to miss a few in future years as our membership keeps growing. It is becoming an issue.

Overall the membership explosion is clearly a positive, I'd just like to see more perks for the ones that were there when the going was tough.

And maybe I'm weird or whatever but I truly feel almost no camaraderie with recent members. They are not the same kind of person. You used to be able to see into every fellow tiger's soul.

I've attended every final but the 2017 granny in the last few years but I expect to miss a few in future years as our membership keeps growing. It is becoming an issue.

Overall the membership explosion is clearly a positive, I'd just like to see more perks for the ones that were there when the going was tough.

And maybe I'm weird or whatever but I truly feel almost no camaraderie with recent members. They are not the same kind of person. You used to be able to see into every fellow tiger's soul.
I reckon getting a ticket to this year’s GF is a pretty good perk for being a long-term member! Could any >10 year member want any more than that!?

Reckon any member who's stuck fat with the club for at least 30 years deserves an automatic GF seat.
More so than a first year member who just spent 7K buying a package that included a GF seat.
Loyalty deserves rewards.

Reckon any member who's stuck fat with the club for at least 30 years deserves an automatic GF seat.
More so than a first year member who just spent 7K buying a package that included a GF seat.
You understand the Grand Final is primarily a corporate event right? That’s why it’ll always be at the MCG.

Plus a bit of capitalism is OK. If you have enough money, you can always get a ticket. Super Bowl tickets are only sold through resellers for whatever they can get, up to $20,000.

I don’t get your point , call them lifestyle memberships , people that can only get to a few games a year otherwise may in fact lose their connection to club if 11 gamer was only option, all clubs have variable packages and it’s a good thing nothing to carp about

I was suggesting the Anzac & Dream-time memberships trivialize existing membership to the club. We already offer Country/ interstate membership for those travelling as well as the tiger insider for 3 game members. My point wasn't targeting members who may not be able to afford/ attend a large number of games but more so the mid season lot who get a guaranteed reserved seat to the above 2 games. If i was a 15 year country member i wouldn't be happy struggling to get tickets to one of the few games i could attend because a bloke who bought a membership just a day earlier gets a reserved premium seat.

I was suggesting the Anzac & Dream-time memberships trivialize existing membership to the club. We already offer Country/ interstate membership for those travelling as well as the tiger insider for 3 game members. My point wasn't targeting members who may not be able to afford/ attend a large number of games but more so the mid season lot who get a guaranteed reserved seat to the above 2 games. If i was a 15 year country member i wouldn't be happy struggling to get tickets to one of the few games i could attend because a bloke who bought a membership just a day earlier gets a reserved premium seat.
Anyone can buy a reserved seat to these games. Even non-members. The fact the Tigers get some money out of people that would otherwise just buy a public reserved seat, and hope to convert them to a yearly member can only be a good thing.

personally I’ve been an AFL member, a 3 game member, a reserved seat member and currently a Premiership Circle member. I don’t think I’m a better supporter because I have a better membership.

Anyone can buy a reserved seat to these games. Even non-members. The fact the Tigers get some money out of people that would otherwise just buy a public reserved seat, and hope to convert them to a yearly member can only be a good thing.

personally I’ve been an AFL member, a 3 game member, a reserved seat member and currently a Premiership Circle member. I don’t think I’m a better supporter because I have a better membership.

you're right, anybody CAN purchase a reserved seat to those games. buying a membership allows you early access and a discounted rate to UPGRADE your seat, which adds further vindication to my point that these memberships trivialize membership as a whole.

Also, nobody is suggesting a 3 game member is less of a supporter. i'm suggesting though that existing members can feel begrudged to have offered years of Membership to the club when we were winning spoons, to now having to sit at the top of level 4.

you're right, anybody CAN purchase a reserved seat to those games. buying a membership allows you early access and a discounted rate to UPGRADE your seat, which adds further vindication to my point that these memberships trivialize membership as a whole.

Also, nobody is suggesting a 3 game member is less of a supporter. i'm suggesting though that existing members can feel begrudged to have offered years of Membership to the club when we were winning spoons, to now having to sit at the top of level 4.
I look at it differently: When the club was s**t, I was "lucky" to get great seats every week to watch s**t football. Now I pity supporters of clubs that can get walk-up ground level seats every week.

Unfortunately when your membership is greater than the capacity of the stadium, there’s going to be access problems.

I’ve not seen many people miss out on tickets to any of our MCG finals since 2013, and demand is probably going to decrease for those if we keep making it.

As for GFs, 50+ year members are guaranteed tickets. Also 25+ year platinum members get P2 all to themselves now, which would surely mean almost certain tickets.
This year, while a rare circumstance, any 10+ year member that wanted to go and could afford the seats, could have gone to the GF. Long term members are absolutely rewarded, and the club makes more money through rewarding thoughts who will fork out for a membership, which in turn helps us get more success. I’d rather watch us win 2 flags on TV than 1 flag at the game.

I consider myself lucky we aren’t a basketball team with a severely limited stadium. 12 NBA teams have an average home crowd either equal to or above the capacity of their home court this season. Can’t just rock up, scan a cheap membership and get in to those games.

Unfortunately when your membership is greater than the capacity of the stadium, there’s going to be access problems.

I’ve not seen many people miss out on tickets to any of our MCG finals since 2013, and demand is probably going to decrease for those if we keep making it.

As for GFs, 50+ year members are guaranteed tickets. Also 25+ year platinum members get P2 all to themselves now, which would surely mean almost certain tickets.
This year, while a rare circumstance, any 10+ year member that wanted to go and could afford the seats, could have gone to the GF. Long term members are absolutely rewarded, and the club makes more money through rewarding thoughts who will fork out for a membership, which in turn helps us get more success. I’d rather watch us win 2 flags on TV than 1 flag at the game.

I consider myself lucky we aren’t a basketball team with a severely limited stadium. 12 NBA teams have an average home crowd either equal to or above the capacity of their home court this season. Can’t just rock up, scan a cheap membership and get in to those games.

This is going to become a massive problem in 47 years time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2020 membership is the platinum anniversary of when the club started recording memberships.

I am a member with > 30 years membership, however, what you are proposing is rubbish. Yes I'd like to have a seat to the GF guaranteed. But if everyone knew you had to wait 30 years to get a GF seat we'd get no new members. There would become a time when all GF allocation would go to only 30+ year members. There would be no tickets for anyone else. You would never be able to take a child to the GF or a young adult, families attending together would be impossible.

As much as l like the idea of rewarding years of membership, when a club as large as RFC is concerned it's not feasible.

How do Bayern Munich members get to a game? Their home ground holds 75k and they have 293k members

If every member goes to every home game and there's no oppo fans, that leaves 218k members unable to attend each home game.

View attachment 790068
Membership levels determine how many games you're entitled to attend. Some membership only allow 3 games, others only allow you to buy returned tickets etc etc. followers of large clubs in the UK and Europe who do not have funds to buy expensive memberships actually buy tickets to away games against sides with poor followings.

Got my membership pack. With a scarf. I usually get a cap. I've got so many now I'm having to find alternative hanging space.

Anyway, is the scarf what they're giving everyone, or is there meant to be a choice.

I'm on auto-renew so it just happens to me.

How do Bayern Munich members get to a game? Their home ground holds 75k and they have 293k members

If every member goes to every home game and there's no oppo fans, that leaves 218k members unable to attend each home game.

View attachment 790068
Paid up members?!? :think:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back