2020 Memberships Released

Remove this Banner Ad

has anyone heard from the club about membership options?

Thanks - I went through my emails from the club and for some reason don't have any record of receiving the second email....I seem to get them a lot later than when the news is posted on this board :p

Given the announced fixture, members better be offered some sort of free streaming option.

Well I jumped the gun - received an email last night. Option for base level gen admission members:
  • No change - keep supporting the club. Get access to a special member event in 2021. Get the price of membership for 2021 frozen (unclear if this includes if you signed on at a discounted rate). Get a complimentary 2021 membership at the same level to gift to a friend or family member.
  • Convert your membership to become a donation to the Australian Sports Foundation (therefore becoming tax deductible)

I like the promotion that Carlton and Hyundai have hatched with 66 Blues members getting their names on the back of a jumper (and then the jumper post match) and a chance to win a car.

I've started a new thread for it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stop the presses.......

Our intrepid media researcher strikes again.:thumbsu:

Just a clarification. I’m asking for a friend. If you don’t pay tax then the freebies are sweet.;)

Just got an email from the club as a reserved seat member with two options and room for discussion.

Option 1 in summary is you pledge your membership to the club. Have your name on a wall as part of the redevelopment (charging $500 for others to do this). Access to a membership appreciation event. An 11 game GA membership for another person. Membership price frozen in 2021.

Option 2 is a tax deductible donation.

Alternatively you can request a call to discuss options including refunds, vouchers to spend at The Carlton Shop and credit options for future membership payments.

Honestly I think option 1 is a bit weird with the GA membership. If I gave it to someone we couldn't exactly sit together so it's weird.

Will either do the tax deductible or negotiate something.

The GA I could give to my nephew who can’t afford a membership

To me it just sounds like a way to get more members for 2021 :p.

But if you can get some use out of it great.

Admittedly I don't love the fact you have to speak to someone from the club to get a refund, kind of reminds me of having to speak to someone from Foxtel disconnections. :/

1591233116838.png

Dear Aph,

With less than two weeks until the 2020 season recommences and our next four games now set in stone, preparations are ramping up at Ikon Park with our near fully-fit playing list raring to go.

It was not too long ago we were staring down the barrel of moving to interstate hubs and four or five day breaks between games, so to restart the season with four consecutive Saturday games in Victoria is something we're very much looking forward to. I know our players are jumping out of their skin to take on the Demons next weekend at Marvel Stadium.

While excited for footy's return, we are fully aware that it will not be a return to football as it should be. Our football club will not be whole again until each and every one of you are back in the stands supporting us and making that incredible noise that only the Carlton faithful can make.

Every message you have been sending on social media, every email and every phone call you have made offering your encouragement and support – it gets heard, it gets read, it gets listened to and most importantly it has lifted the spirits of every player, coach and staff member at your football club.

You have kept your football club alive during this period, that is something you should be incredibly proud of and we cannot thank you enough. We may not be playing in front of you during these next four games, but we will be playing for you.

Now that we have a clearer understanding of the restructured season, we are in a position to provide you with some options for your 2020 membership. We’ve been overwhelmed by the magnitude of members who have expressed a desire to leave their 2020 membership with the Club in recent weeks and we couldn’t be more grateful for that.

Please take the time to listen to Crippa and Loynsey’s message to you all, which can be viewed here.

In return for the support of our 2020 reserved seat members who wish to pledge their membership to the Club, we will be immortalising their names on an honour wall at Ikon Park as part of our facility redevelopment which will commence later this year. Priced at $500 for other members and supporters, this will be at no cost to reserved seat members who pledge their membership to the Club. Furthermore, we will be hosting them at a special member appreciation event once we are able to come together again.

Importantly, our reserved seat members will also receive an additional 11-game General Admission Home membership in 2021 that can be given to a loved one who wasn't a member in 2020.

The most important thing a supporter can do is join their football club as a member and we want to use this situation as an opportunity to introduce as many new members to Carlton as possible. We need to use every lever available to us to build the financial muscle of our club. No club in the AFL has the capacity to grow its membership like Carlton does and we need to make the most of this competitive advantage we have over so many other teams in the competition.

In addition, all members who pledge their 2020 membership to the Club will have their membership price for 2021 frozen. To pledge your 2020 membership and leave your fees with the Club, click here where you’ll be prompted to login using this email address and complete a short form.

Alternatively, members can click here to turn their 2020 membership fees into a tax-deductible donation through the Australian Sports Foundation, with Carlton Football Club covering the fees associated with this. Members can also request a call here to discuss a range of other alternatives including refunds, vouchers to spend at The Carlton Shop and credit options for future membership payments. If we don’t hear from you before Monday 31 August, your 2020 membership will remain with the Club, making you eligible for all pledge benefits listed above.

As always, our Membership team is here for you via phone and email, so please feel free to reach out should you need any assistance.

Whatever option you decide on, we wanted to once again thank you for your unwavering support. We are so lucky to have you as a member and we can’t wait to see you back at the footy.

Cain Liddle
Chief Executive
Member ID: 21499500

I picked up the mail today and there was a letter from Carlton (got excited as I peered into the post office box).

Pulled it out and it’s addressed to my son. Two direct credits come out of my account (one to pay for his membership) and he gets the letter. FFS!

Anyone made the request for the club to call them and found out what they offer in terms of vouchers etc. I have left it has continuing the direct debit but would be interested what the club offer.

Stop the presses.......

I converted mine into a tax deductible donation, so based on this article, if we are to be allowed back into games later on in the year, I won’t be able to attend as I would be getting a “benefit”? ☹️

I’ve put this here as it has relevance to the different ways sporting clubs have dealt with COVID-19 and support and membership issues in general.

We tend to sit back and wait for the small opportunities that the club offers us in the form of dialogue. I’ve got to admit that the opportunities are diminishing and it, for me, sounds more like a monologue these days. I’m not sure whether it’s the different management structures that I see for sporting clubs around the world which makes the difference. Is accountability different if the organisation is privately owned?

Anyway Robbo is a passionate Sunderland AFC supporter. It’s appropriate that I should follow Carlton and Sunderland. I’m reminded of Frank Zappa’s song ‘The torture never stops’. It‘s fair to say success has been lean for both clubs for too long but the glory days. Carlton were the reigning premiers in 1973 when Sunderland knocked off Leeds United in the 1973 FA Cup final 1-0 (Porterfield‘s goal and Monty’s save. Check out YouTube).

I’ve put myself down for RAWA (The Red and White Army) and get emails from time to time. The experience of members overlap but at least the Sunderland CEO takes the time to meet face to face with supporters.

Here is email I received today

Summary of Intoductory Meeting with SAFC CEO Jim Rodwell​
The RAWA Chair, Andrew Hird, and one of our Vice Chairs, Jane Hughes, attended an introductory meeting with SAFC CEO Jim Rodwell and Non-Executive Director Tom Sloanes on Friday afternoon.
Whilst not a "Structured Dialogue" meeting and more of an introduction, the supporter groups were clear that they would be reporting the discussion back to their respective members. We have decided therefore to briefly summarise the pertinent points.
We went into yesterday's meeting expecting to hear the things we have heard over and over again form those running SAFC in recent years. Most fans are sick of hearing things like "we must look forward", "we go again" and "the fans deserve better" - we're all too familiar at Sunderland with detail-free rhetoric. How many more false dawns can a set of supporters endure?
The recent Season Ticket debacle has accelerated this feeling amongst many fans - seemingly large numbers have cancelled their Direct Debits. This is not through lack of loyalty but from a lack of options, a cold tone in the communications from the club and the uncertainty relating to Covid19.
So it was with all this in mind that we attended the meeting.
We found Jim Rodwell to be personable, polite and very keen to listen. He displayed a desire to improve things and do a good job. The proof will be evidenced by his actions and he seems very aware of that.
Non-Executive director Tom Sloanes was also in attendance. It's the first time RAWA have officially met with him too, and he was honest about some of the past mistakes and came across as passionate about wanting to make improvements.
The tone of the meeting was constructive and respectful and on the Club's side their seems to be a desire for a fresh start. We feel this is a tough ask of the fanbase who seem to have united in their desire to see our current owners move on. In the meantime RAWA will continue to try to help the Club staff to improve what is on their power to improve and will represent the supporters feelings as best we can. Those running the club must be in no doubt at how discontent we are.
CEO Introductory meeting with Fans’ Group Representatives
12th
June 2020
Present: Jim Rodwell (SAFC), Tom Sloanes (SAFC), Steve Dean (SLG), Paul Andrew (SLG), Malcolm Bramley (Senior Supporters), Oscar Chamberlain (SAFC), Jane Hughes (RAWA), Andrew Hird (RAWA), Phil Pollard (BLC), Cath Reid (BLC)
Although the meeting was billed as introductory and had no set agenda, in the few days we had in advance of the meeting, RAWA collated fans opinions on the recent season ticket fiasco and a range of other matters. Throughout the meeting RAWA pressed club officials on these matters. In summary;
· All supporter groups reflected supporters’ frustration about the Club’s communication and stance on season tickets. Also stated that better communication with fans prior to the various announcements from the club would surely have avoided this disappointing situation.
· Jim Rodwell apologised for how the season ticket refunds and renewals had been handled and stated he would look into reviewing the Club’s stance. No set date was given but we will be pushing the club next week about this. Fans need clarity urgently.
· The Club stated that it wants to build bridges with fans and listen to them· Tom Sloanes is keen to see communications improve. He feels that repairing the damaged relationship with fans is important and there are lots of people at the club who want to do things better
· Jim Rodwell confirmed the club is up for sale but that is not a factor in his running of the club. Stewart Donald is happy to meet his obligations and is leaving the running of SAFC to the CEO
· RAWA explained that they are under increasing pressure from supporters’ to call for Stewart Donald to sell at a fair price. We summarised the various well documented reasons for this and reiterated our disappointment at the current position the club finds itself in.
· Supporters challenged club officials on the performance of the academy and the recent cases of selling our best young talent. Jim Rodwell stated that they have to balance investment in the first team with investment in the academy. There are no plans to scale back or mothball the academy but all options will have to be considered. RAWA reminded the club of how integral the academy is to the future of the football club.
· Away tickets will be refunded via the same method it was paid for and fans can expect an announcement next week

RAWA will continue to communicate with the club to receive updates on the matters discussed and will seek clarity on any further changes to the season ticket renewal policy as a matter of urgency.​

Remove this Banner Ad

Back