2020 Memberships Released

Remove this Banner Ad

would someone run me through the mindset of a potential member who decides against committing because we changed list managers? how does that go?

We didn't just "change list managers".
We sacked a Club Legend over a battle of egos with the CEO, and we look like an unprofessional, divided basket case.

The last several years have been pretty tough on the supporters, but we could maintain the faith because we were doing a rebuild the right way, lead by someone who really knew how to manage a list. In the meantime, we've sacked a CEO and a coach who weren't up to it, but at least we had a gun list manager. Now our optimism is completely reliant on the list he has built, Andrew Russell, and fingers crossed, a coach with 11 games to his name. It's currently pretty hard to have much faith in the rest of the club.

I'm not condoning cancelling memberships, but I can understand it.

I think I'll probably take the 6 memberships that I pay for off auto-renewal though, and tell the Club that I'll at least consider what I do for next year. * Liddle.

Just a minor thing but there is no more consecutive years members pins anymore.

Was seriously looking forward to getting my 10 year pin this year, and now its on the membership card instead.

Rang the club and the young bloke explained it to me. ( lovely guy very helpful )

Told him i was looking forward to my pin and was a bit dissapointed, and he said he would see if he could still find one and if he could he would send it to me, but couldnt guarantee it and he understood.

Little thing I know, but just thought the service was great.

* I was looking forward to that 10 year pin though 😭

My membership card arrived today.
It has had years of membership on it for a number of years now
My pin was always wrong anyway so was meaningless for me in times it had existed. So the office is pretty poor with that stuff from my experience. Rather they get it right than have random years that make no sense.
My membership renewal each year is not conditional on whether I agree or disagree with whom comes and goes in different roles or whether the office with pins is not up to my liking.
It is based on I barrack for Carlton through thick and thin.
Bring on season 2020.

Just a minor thing but there is no more consecutive years members pins anymore.

Was seriously looking forward to getting my 10 year pin this year, and now its on the membership card instead.

Rang the club and the young bloke explained it to me. ( lovely guy very helpful )

Told him i was looking forward to my pin and was a bit dissapointed, and he said he would see if he could still find one and if he could he would send it to me, but couldnt guarantee it and he understood.

Little thing I know, but just thought the service was great.

fu** I was looking forward to that 10 year pin though 😭
The pins were my fav thing in the package. I wasnt happy about it. The surveys that ask about what your fav items in the package are seem to be a way of finding out which ones they can eliminate

My membership card arrived today.
It has had years of membership on it for a number of years now
My pin was always wrong anyway so was meaningless for me in times it had existed. So the office is pretty poor with that stuff from my experience. Rather they get it right than have random years that make no sense.
My membership renewal each year is not conditional on whether I agree or disagree with whom comes and goes in different roles or whether the office with pins is not up to my liking.
Bring on season 2020.
:thumbsu:

Bring on season 2020.
Quoted because this is exactly what it is all about.

I don't know who works at Reception but I went in to the club to buy a couple of memberships last Friday with some family members and I was told to "get out" by a woman at the front desk as I was carrying a puppy who was not welcome on the premises. Pup was wearing a Blues jumper we had just purchased at the shop btw. Needless to say the club will be -2 memberships for the final tally as those family members no longer want a 2020 membership due to the embarrassment of the way we had been spoken to. I'm already renewed but unfortunately can't talk the other two around for next year. Is quite sad we copped that treatment from a staff member given the club offers doggie memberships, which we were also planning to purchase :(

View attachment 789101

11A311AD-B3FC-4783-8D3A-159E70601F4A.gif

The pins were my fav thing in the package. I wasnt happy about it. The surveys that ask about what your fav items in the package are seem to be a way of finding out which ones they can eliminate

I'm pretty gutted that the membership pin/badge has been culled from the pack. It was definitely my favourite thing too. Every year my winter coat would get an "update" to be seen by all and sundry no matter where I was. I just can't believe I didn't realise that it was important to me when answering those bloody surveys. I was always thinking of the "option" merchandise rather than what I subconsciously thought was core.

BTW - I sent the membership department an email on Friday evening to tell them this.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Got mine delivered on Friday love the cap,the card with years of membership looks cheap.
They probably looked at ways of saving $$$$by not producing pins. The way they upgraded us last year and know that most would keep the upgrade thus bringing more coin in was as a reward for sticking fat.
This was a forward thinking money grab rant over.

Some interesting opinions, both sides of the fence
let's start including pins to collect and then suddenly stop - no consistency in these membership packs - bertie beatle showbags do it heaps better..............

Processed my interstate memberships today over phone and told that only option for the interstate members next year for the choice item is the hat (so no choice) - no option to choose $20 shop voucher, and need to pay extra $15 for a scarf.

Can anyone else confirm they've been told the same thing? Certainly contrary the their website and seems pretty poor.

I’m a distance member (regional Vic). I don’t get to games as cbf doing an 8 hour round trip and can’t afford to stay in Melbourne overnight so figure the club can get my annual donation. Unfortunately because I have a Vic address the only way I can get the cap/beanie/scarf is to pick them up on game day which won’t happen. I thought it a bit poor by the club to have the inflexibility not to consider those like me, and there must be others as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got my membership pack on Friday & I am very happy with it. Got another cap to add to the collection I have lined up across the top of my bookshelves. I shall put the latest member sticker on my car this week & stick some more stickers on my BBQ. I think the pouch containing the smaller items is a very good idea. If I get down to Melbourne for a game or 2 next season I will be able to put my reading glasses in it & not worry about them falling out of my pocket & getting lost/broken.

1575813435856.png

Saw this on Reddit - posted by u/blue_goat -- his wife's grandmother. Look at that consecutive year streak.

To think she may have known thylacine60 as a pup.

Did anyone else get the membership polo or hoodie add-on? If so had anyone else got defects in theirs? The first 2 in 2020 on my hoodie was incorrectly embroidered and its obviously defective

I've emailed the club but haven't heard back so wondering if it's just me or if it's a QC issue with a lot of these?

Sent from my CPH1831 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Holiday hours ...

The Membership office will be closed from 12pm AEST Thursday 19 December, reopening 9am AEST Wednesday 8 January 2020.

If you have a query or need assistance during this period, please feel free to call 1300 227 586 and leave a voice message as staff will be in intermittently to respond.

From everyone at the Carlton Football Club, we hope you have a safe and happy festive season and can't wait to begin the new year with you.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back