FAQ's

Member Pack :-

M/ship card
Lanyard
Sticker sheet
Fixture magnet

156827381411179339795d79f59636ec9_desktop.png

Member Choice :-

In addition to your Member pack, collect one of the following Member Choice items from the Carlton Shop or at any Blues Home game in 2020 ...

Member Cap
Member Scarf
Member Beanie
Two additional GA tickets
The Carlton Shop $20 voucher*

*Min $50 required for redemption

156827441012319147075d79f7ea06996_desktop.png

Jul 22, 2003
Melbourne
For those that opted into the 'Carlton Direct' annual automatic renewal thingy for your 2019 membership (in order to receive the free membership tier upgrade that was offered), please note that the auto-renewal will be set for that upgraded tier...at full cost (sans free upgrade) this time, of course.

I've not yet found any means by which to 'downgrade' online, so a call through to the Membership department may be required... so that's something to keep in mind.

bigm386

Norm Smith Medallist
May 17, 2012
AFL Club
Carlton
Just noticed the membership mentions voting rights.

I thought this was gone in previous years but I could be wrong?

Keyza

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
For those that opted into the 'Carlton Direct' annual automatic renewal thingy for your 2019 membership (in order to receive the free membership tier upgrade that was offered), please note that the auto-renewal will be set for that upgraded tier...at full cost (sans free upgrade) this time, of course.

I've not yet found any means by which to 'downgrade' online, so a call through to the Membership department may be required... so that's something to keep in mind.
That is correct. The upgrade we all got this year has been automatically added on to next year's.
I had an extra $230 added on top of mine, just to go to the social club and be guaranteed a grand final ticket.
My membership would cost more than a straight out captains club membership, only in the members reserve seats.
I rang the club telling them I was not impressed and was told they would reduce the amount if I chose to stick with upgrade.
You shouldn't have to opt out of the upgrade, rather opt in.

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
I think the ‘pub test’ should be applied to the upgrade. Did you enjoy the benefits of the upgrade? Did it represent value for money?

In my case the upgrade involved sitting with Carlton supporters. Definitely doesn’t pass the ‘pub test’.

BlueTongue

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2009
The Void
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
TEAM 17 (Flags)
All packages:-

FAQ's

Is anyone able to explain to me what the difference is between 'AFL' membership & 'standard' membership?
For a Single Adult, the 'AFL' Member Zone + Captain's Club membership appears to have everything a standard Member Zone + Captain's Club membership has, except it's $200 cheaper!?

??? :think:

ChrisKaias

Team Captain
Aug 11, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Is anyone able to explain to me what the difference is between 'AFL' membership & 'standard' membership?
For a Single Adult, the 'AFL' Member Zone + Captain's Club membership appears to have everything a standard Member Zone + Captain's Club membership has, except it's $200 cheaper!?

??? :think:

AFL Membership separately costs about $700 itself. This add on is on top of that.

The Ian PrenderCast

Senior List
Jun 8, 2018
AFL Club
Carlton
Personally, my first taste of the 2020 season wasn't a particularly good one.

A 10% price hike on an already premium membership package, just to be plied with 'upgrades' I didn't ask for, don't use and don't want.

Pretty disappointing after yet another bottom 3 finish the Club has decided their top membership tier (Captain's Club) wasn't expensive enough and have created a new tier (Legends Lounge) on top of it. The kicker? They've re-classified the seats I've held for several years - and paid top dollar for - at a higher price.

The 'upgrade' program didn't really affect my package, as the Captain's Club Home and Away reserved seating package is the 'burger with the lot,' but to get the renewal and see I've got to buy the 'perks' they applied last year to retain the seats I've held for years is a punch in the guts.

To be honest, it feels like the first major misstep of Liddle's otherwise excellent time in charge.

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Price rises should be bracketed with death and taxes.

People have a choice when deciding on membership. You buy or you deny. I haven’t seen my renewal notice yet but as I’ve said before I’m not sitting with an exclusive group of Carlton supporters and paying for the ‘privilege’.

It’s equivalent would be sitting in the middle of the Barmy Army.

Keyza

Premiership Player
Sep 12, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton

A 10% price hike on an already premium membership package, just to be plied with 'upgrades' I didn't ask for, don't use and don't want.

Pretty disappointing after yet another bottom 3 finish the Club has decided their top membership tier (Captain's Club) wasn't expensive enough and have created a new tier (Legends Lounge) on top of it. The kicker? They've re-classified the seats I've held for several years - and paid top dollar for - at a higher price.

The 'upgrade' program didn't really affect my package, as the Captain's Club Home and Away reserved seating package is the 'burger with the lot,' but to get the renewal and see I've got to buy the 'perks' they applied last year to retain the seats I've held for years is a punch in the guts.

To be honest, it feels like the first major misstep of Liddle's otherwise excellent time in charge.
I rang the club yesterday and told them how disappointed I was with the add on that I didn't ask for.
I think the membership department has done a wonderful job, but they have messed up this time.

Franc de Borges

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 5, 2010
Behind Sunglasses
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Australia
Frankly I find it annoying that the Legends Lounge is now called 'the most premium membership'. Social/Captains Club reserved H&A has always been the best you can get, but apparently sitting behind the goals on Level 2 makes this one better.

I prefer to be on ground level and I don't want to watch the game behind glass. A small thing but irritating nonetheless.

Frankly I find it annoying that the Legends Lounge is now called 'the most premium membership'. Social/Captains Club reserved H&A has always been the best you can get, but apparently sitting behind the goals on Level 2 makes this one better.

I prefer to be on ground level and I don't want to watch the game behind glass. A small thing but irritating nonetheless.
I'm in the same boat as you. Very annoyed I can't sit on the ground level for Etihad home games.

This year I arranged with the club to call up each week for passes to sit where I've sat for years, was just told on the phone they won't be doing that this year.

Oh man oh man I knew this was gonna happen
When they told me I had a "free upgrade" last year I asked them "does this mean next year you're going to try and force me to pay more for essentially what I've had when I didn't want an upgrade?" they assured me that wasn't going to be the case

Oh man oh man I knew this was gonna happen
yep - here we go...……..

My letter arrived today.

To maintain my membership from last year will cost me $37.73 per month (x 11) totalling $415. Works out at roughly $25 per match. Try getting that sort of value with other sports.
don't think it is helpful invalidating other supporter's complaints regarding a membership ploy that is clearly seeing the full light of day now...……...

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ploy! People have until 11/10/19 to fix their memberships and get what they want.

Criticism seems to centre on this being a con job and unreasonable price increases.

Well it can’t be a con job if the club allows you time to revert to your old membership category.

And price rises! Don’t worry about them. The federal budget is in surplus.

Back