2020 Memberships Released

Remove this Banner Ad

It's very good. You're automatically a Carlton member also (without buying any add-on). But it is about $700 on its own before any Captains Club add-on or similar.

You can swipe in to almost all MCG and Etihad matches with no extra cost and can sit in one of the bays that isn't booked out, or spend $9 to buy a reserved seat. In about 16 years you become a Gold member and then can buy a prelim ticket for $26 or a Grand Final ticket for $200 (and I've never missed out on a Grand Final ticket since I've been a Gold member). But, until that time, you won't have access to a Grand Final ticket when we make it unless you've got Captains Club or similar, and that's probably the only value to buying a Carlton package on top.

I've always thought the AFL Membership is a much better deal than MCC. Every year I have a good reserved seat for the Grand Final - no ballots or queuing. If you go to neutral games it would be worth it quickly.
Thanks for the response, Chris and MEB_

I've been tossing up the change for few seasons due to the flexibility of afl membership. It seems that, finals access aside, there's really no benefit to paying a premium for Captains Club membership ($654 for 2020). Especially considering I'm also paying for a footscray family membership and go to (too many) collingwood and Sydney games.

Decided to keep the captains club "free" upgrade from last year.

We cancelled it a couple of years ago (after having it for about 7 years), but with our memberships going up the way they are, I don't wanna risk jumping back on it too late.

Anyone else thinking the same thing?

We cancelled it a couple of years ago (after having it for about 7 years), but with our memberships going up the way they are, I don't wanna risk jumping back on it too late.

I got the upgrade to Captains club, from Members reserve.
I think I will pay the extra $180 just in case we happen to make the grand final.

I have always had Captains Club reserved and my free upgrade was away games.

Still haven't made up my mind if I will keep the away games.

I also have MCC M/ship.

I’ve already got my ‘access all CFC docklands home games’ membership that I add on to my MCC, I don’t think it’s increased from last year. Maybe $5 if that.

Yeah, seems like it. I have just renewed my MCC membership with the “Non-access” Carlton membership add-on (don’t really go to many Marvel games). $60, same as last year.

yep - I downgrade now and I'll miss the ballot ballet for sure...……….

I have always had Captains Club reserved and my free upgrade was away games.

Still haven't made up my mind if I will keep the away games.

I also have MCC M/ship.

Image result for snooty aristocratic lady

I don't think there is anyone with an MCC membership within a 5km radius of where I live.
Edit: including me...

I am considering an AFL membership this season, seems like decent value if I can bring friends/family with me.

If anyone is privy to this info (? ChrisKaias):

Is there a limit on guest passes with the silver membership? I understand one is entitled to 40 AFL games, does that mean I can bring a certain amount with me to those 40 games for an additional fee.

Thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think there is anyone with an MCC membership within a 5km radius of where I live.
Edit: including me...

I am considering an AFL membership this season, seems like decent value if I can bring friends/family with me.

If anyone is privy to this info (? ChrisKaias):

Is there a limit on guest passes with the silver membership? I understand one is entitled to 40 AFL games, does that mean I can bring a certain amount with me to those 40 games for an additional fee.

Thanks.
The number of guest passes per member available for purchase depends on the game eg there’s fewer available for blockbusters

For those that opted into the 'Carlton Direct' annual automatic renewal thingy for your 2019 membership (in order to receive the free membership tier upgrade that was offered), please note that the auto-renewal will be set for that upgraded tier...at full cost (sans free upgrade) this time, of course.

I've not yet found any means by which to 'downgrade' online, so a call through to the Membership department may be required... so that's something to keep in mind.

I am happy to run with the Legends club upgrade from the Captains Club but it would be dissappionting if the club didn't request you make a decision for the direct debit took place.

Membership wise club kicking goals but that would be a very poor approach.

Personally, my first taste of the 2020 season wasn't a particularly good one.

A 10% price hike on an already premium membership package, just to be plied with 'upgrades' I didn't ask for, don't use and don't want.

Pretty disappointing after yet another bottom 3 finish the Club has decided their top membership tier (Captain's Club) wasn't expensive enough and have created a new tier (Legends Lounge) on top of it. The kicker? They've re-classified the seats I've held for several years - and paid top dollar for - at a higher price.

The 'upgrade' program didn't really affect my package, as the Captain's Club Home and Away reserved seating package is the 'burger with the lot,' but to get the renewal and see I've got to buy the 'perks' they applied last year to retain the seats I've held for years is a punch in the guts.

To be honest, it feels like the first major misstep of Liddle's otherwise excellent time in charge.

Well said - identical to me. Upgrade by stealth - that said i will take the upgrade.

Expectation on the club this off season is absolutely huge.

SOS needs to land some top talent in Paps and Martin plus a few more and we simply must make finals.

I am choosing to stay with legends lounge as i use all the facilities

but i can see the upset over the captains club h&A and Legends lounge as level 2 used to be for captains club and for those who upgraded to legends lounge from that and are now heading back down to captains club H&A they have to head to level 1(i think) and the bar facilities ya dont even get a view of the ground unless at etihad

It's good but mega 'spensive. I really got value for money when I was going to 1-2 games every weekend and I only upgraded to a reserved seat for blockbusters. I'm currently an absentee member since I only get to 1-2 games a YEAR at the moment and my place in the queue for gold is reserved. I'm thinking of ditching it to be honest.
I’ve been a Silver AFL Member for 7 years. I contacted the AFL a couple of weeks ago and was told the wait is still 5-7 years

I’ve just purchased a reserve seat membership for next year and was intending on cancelling the AFL Membership...

what’s the absentee membership you have?

I’ve been a Silver AFL Member for 7 years. I contacted the AFL a couple of weeks ago and was told the wait is still 5-7 years

I’ve just purchased a reserve seat membership for next year and was intending on cancelling the AFL Membership...

what’s the absentee membership you have?
I think it’s about 150 and all it does is hold your place in the line for a year and get you two GA tix. It’s a total rip.

I am choosing to stay with legends lounge as i use all the facilities

but i can see the upset over the captains club h&A and Legends lounge as level 2 used to be for captains club and for those who upgraded to legends lounge from that and are now heading back down to captains club H&A they have to head to level 1(i think) and the bar facilities ya dont even get a view of the ground unless at etihad
So if we dont stick with the free upgrade from Captains club reserved seats for both home and away to Legends longue(same seats) you lose your seats if you go back to Captains club??
My home seats at MCG are on Level 2.

So if we dont stick with the free upgrade from Captains club reserved seats for both home and away to Legends longue(same seats) you lose your seats if you go back to Captains club??
My home seats at MCG are on Level 2.
Yea but for us (looks like you're on the same level as me) it's not really in upgrade, more a name change.

But we're paying more?
If we drop back to Captains club do we lose our level 2 seats at MCG?
Everyone I've spoken to at other clubs has copped a price increase. That's nothing out of the ordinary.one rose $80ish for the year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back