Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Onto my 5th pick in a slow draft

Tossing up between Sloanedawg and Duncan here, took Macrae, Zerrett, Docherty and Sicily with my first 4 picks, not considering any forwards til late due to the sheer wasteland it is this year so loading up down back and in midfield first before I get best available ruck then work out the stinky forwards

Leaning towards Duncan due to Jelwood getting older and Kelly no more, so I feel he could improve ball accumulation even more, but if anyone wants to make a case for Sloanedawg then feel free (I love Sloane too, but feel Duncan is the more astute pick here)

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Anyone think Neale will back up last years output and go bigger or cop more attention
Neale copped a fair bit of attention at the end of last year, it didn't slow him down much. I think he'll be very consistent and put out about the same numbers. But I don't see him going any bigger.
Remember everyone starts priced above their last year average due to the magic number and all that.
He's priced at his absolute max IMO.
Plus Luggage and CEY will take points.
He will be cheaper.

Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Remember everyone starts priced above their last year average due to the magic number and all that.
He will be cheaper.
I like Zorko over him at this stage
I think neale and clugg will start attracting the tag instead

Zork started slow then averaged 114 from round 7-23 12 tons a high 90 two 80’s and one spud 61 feel if he is Freed up he’s underpriced where as neale is at his max

key is finding value

May 4, 2015
South-East Melb
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nuggets, Giants, Arsenal
Onto my 5th pick in a slow draft

Tossing up between Sloanedawg and Duncan here, took Macrae, Zerrett, Docherty and Sicily with my first 4 picks, not considering any forwards til late due to the sheer wasteland it is this year so loading up down back and in midfield first before I get best available ruck then work out the stinky forwards

Leaning towards Duncan due to Jelwood getting older and Kelly no more, so I feel he could improve ball accumulation even more, but if anyone wants to make a case for Sloanedawg then feel free (I love Sloane too, but feel Duncan is the more astute pick here)
He will be cheaper.
Absolutely he’ll drop, all the top end mids do unless they start the year 125+ which Neale did comfortably last year. But are you willing to miss 2 months of say 118avg just to get him at 620k?

He will be cheaper.
I like Zorko over him at this stage
I think neale and clugg will start attracting the tag instead

Zork started slow then averaged 114 from round 7-23 12 tons a high 90 two 80’s and one spud 61 feel if he is Freed up he’s underpriced where as neale is at his max

key is finding value
Strange thing is I like Lyons. Can see him matching Neale scores this year.

Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Absolutely he’ll drop, all the top end mids do unless they start the year 125+ which Neale did comfortably last year. But are you willing to miss 2 months of say 118avg just to get him at 620k?
I'm starting MacRae instead. He's proven 120+ for more than one year and won't get tagged. Neale copped a tag a few times last year. Opposition coaches do nothing over offseason other than watch footage to see what works for other teams and why.

Feb 2, 2020
AFL Club
Collingwood
Re Lachie Neale
Last year everything improved for him. Disposals, CP’s, UP’s, Clearances, Goals, Marks, less turnovers. And the major increase in scoring came from his TOG% going from 80 to 89%.
What resulted? A SuperCoach fantasy jump from 112 to 121.
Now I am super interested because not only will he receive closer attention like he did in the run home, but they recruited a guy called Cam Ellis-Yolmen whom most people will say is rubbish but he is a colossus and he can only play one position. Inside mid. Doing the grunt work and feeding it to guys like Neale/Lyons/Zorko/Clugg/Robbo on the outside. Natural development from guys like Berry/Rayner etc and now there could be just a slight drop in numbers for Neale.
Remember post bye he averaged 107 before the last game where he went bananas, which jumped the average up to 118 post bye. FWIW Jarrad Lyons averaged 116.5 post bye so took over the reigns somewhat whilst Neale garnered more attention. For Neale, was a slight dip on what he was doing earlier in the season. He is a wait and see for me, yes he is in the prime of his career but I’m interested to see how they manage the midfield guys they have.

May 15, 2017
My Couch
AFL Club
Richmond
With Ollie Wines out Rockcliff needs to be considered IMO
anigif_sub-buzz-18925-1507751878-5.gif

Feb 5, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chicago Blackhawks Melb Renegades
I'm starting MacRae instead. He's proven 120+ for more than one year and won't get tagged. Neale copped a tag a few times last year. Opposition coaches do nothing over offseason other than watch footage to see what works for other teams and why.

Dec 7, 2019
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Manchester United, All Blacks
Macrae, Cripps and Dunks are :padlock:

Titch has somehow found his way into my team.

Last spot is out of Danger, Piggy Oliver or Neale. Leaning towards the ranga.
If you pick Piggy we have the same 5 - I'm unsure between Danger and Titch. Feel like Danger might dip a bit this year, but will Titch start slow then every campaigner gets him cheaper. Both will be top 10 mids this year barring injury.

Santoz

Chief's Public Enemy #1
30k Posts 10k Posts Freeze MND Challenge 2021 Chess Club Member
Mar 10, 2006
Weir Stables
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Baghdad Bombers
Watch Worpel tear the Saints a new one tonight and all of you sloths who've done * all research jump on him & I lose a nice POD.

MagicGnome97

All Australian
Sep 6, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Treloar's scores in games they played together during the regular season.

86, 83, 150, 113, 103, 116, 177, 127, 116, 99
I actually thought from the eye-test treloar played a lot better when adams was in the side. 117 average from the numbers here reflects that. :)

Adams' fitness this season is crucial to Collingwood. He's our most important midfielder imo.

MagicGnome97

All Australian
Sep 6, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
For me there are only 4 midfielders who are definite lock and throw away the key type players. Macrae, Neale, Cripps and Dangerfield. Fyfe's injury history prevents me from putting him here. Dunkley...only done it in 1 season so I'm not quite sure I can put him here regardless of how good he was last season - will he get more attention from the opposition this season? Tom Mitchell as well is just coming back from a serious injury.

For the record, at this point I am starting with 5 premos in my midfield. Macrae, Neale, Cripps, Dangerfield and Dunkley.

Ash1337

Club Legend
Apr 11, 2009
Albany
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
My Thoughts on Titch. When He, Worpel, O'meara & Wingard, Scully were all playing midfield he struggled the most to get disposals. It was O'meara getting most of the ball. It wasn't untill O'meara went off at half did Titich improve his disposal. He was rested in the last quarter. His Total TOG was 62%.

I would seriously watch him the remainder of the preseason. But early signs is he's going to suffer early rounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back