Position 2020 Midfielders

Which players are in your current team?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure I’ll have the knackers to Do it but going Oliver to Viney could be a bit of a way to get additional cash for rookies. Watching Viney in Marsh has me thinking he’s finally got and seems extremely determined. Can he average 105-110? I’m not confident. And I have Oliver going 115+. However Viney unlikely to get a tag with Oliver and Trac. Worth a think anyway.

Is currently my M5. Have had Viney or Hanners in that spot for the past 2-3 weeks. Like you, I'm not sure if I have the balls to run with him, but I'm liking the little upgrades he affords me everywhere else, for now.

M5,6,7,8.
Hately, Rowell, Green, Pickett.

Bontempelli Rowell Green Pickett for me :D

(Macrae Neale Fyfe and Cripps first 4)
Concerns me about those potential lost points there, but having Hately at M5 means I have Grundy/Gawn and strong fwd line and better def rookies.

o_O
have you seen something in the last 15 months that everyone else hasn't?
He was sublime in a few games late last year once he got some fitness and mid time.
I'm Not at all worried about Marsh, he's a rockstar and turns up for the real stuff. Has gone mid 90s before and will this year.

Upside in fyfe and kelly is tempting me to get a jump on everyone going safe

Anyone else thinking the same?
The argument is always that they get injured but what if they do play 22 games and for the fear of them missing out you miss 2 guys averaging 120+

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Upside in fyfe and kelly is tempting me to get a jump on everyone going safe

Anyone else thinking the same?
The argument is always that they get injured but what if they do play 22 games and for the fear of them missing out you miss 2 guys averaging 120+

yeah I'm definitely tempted by Kelly. The whole "first full pres season he's ever completed " has me feeling things

Kelly just doesn't start in enough centre bounces enough for me. All of last season he started on the wing more than in the centre at the bounces and it's translated into this preseason with him starting on the wing 14 times and centre bounce 13 times against Richmond. If this continues into the season it'll rob him of tackles and possessions.

Kelly just doesn't start in enough centre bounces enough for me. All of last season he started on the wing more than in the centre at the bounces and it's translated into this preseason with him starting on the wing 14 times and centre bounce 13 times against Richmond. If this continues into the season it'll rob him of tackles and possessions.
He averaged 117 off no pre-season playing that role.

He averaged 117 off no pre-season playing that role.

Totally understand that point of view and it's why he was in my team until I started delving into the stats. You'd assume his scores got better last year as the season progressed due to him getting some match fitness right?

Average pre-bye (10 games) = 122.8 (top score of 154 in Round 8 after having missed the week before)
Average post-bye (8 games - includes finals) = 102.1 (top score of 124)

His role changed for whatever reason last year post-bye with tackles and clearances both dropping.

Pre-bye Clearance average: 5.3
Post-bye Clearance average: 3.75

Pre-bye Tackles average: 6
Post-bye Tackles average: 4.5

Also, his average of 117 doesn't include his finals campaign in which he averaged only 100.3. If you include these 4 finals games into his average for the year he averaged 113.6 over 18 games.

His stats for Marsh Game 2 reflected exactly what we saw in the back end of last season with him picking up 3 clearances and only laying 1 tackle playing predominantly off a wing.

The argument will be made that it's only a Marsh game and so he probably doesn't care about tackling etc - and I'd agree that there's truth in that. However the fact is he spent a lot of time on the wing in Marsh 2 which reflects exactly what we saw in the back end of last year despite him building a decent fitness base.

In addition to the above he only averages 94 in games he's been tagged in over the last 2 years. He's been tagged by Howe (Haw), Hutchings, Harmes and Clarke for an average of 94 across those 4 games (i'm using Fanfooty tagged statistics for this one)

At GWS he and Whitfield seem to be the main 2 guys teams will send a tagger to so this must be considered.

Totally understand that point of view and it's why he was in my team until I started delving into the stats. You'd assume his scores got better last year as the season progressed due to him getting some match fitness right?

Average pre-bye (10 games) = 122.8 (top score of 154 in Round 8 after having missed the week before)

His role changed for whatever reason last year post-bye with tackles and clearances both dropping.

Also, his average of 117 doesn't include his finals campaign in which he averaged only 100.3. If you include these 4 finals games into his average for the year he averaged 113.6 over 18 games.

His stats for Marsh Game 2 reflected exactly what we saw in the back end of last season with him picking up 3 clearances and only laying 1 tackle playing predominantly off a wing.

The argument will be made that it's only a Marsh game and so he probably doesn't care about tackling etc - and I'd agree that there's truth in that. However the fact is he spent a lot of time on the wing in Marsh 2 which reflects exactly what we saw in the back end of last year despite him building a decent fitness base.

In addition to the above he only averages 94 in games he's been tagged in over the last 2 years. He's been tagged by Howe (Haw), Hutchings, Harmes and Clarke for an average of 94 across those 4 games (i'm using Fanfooty tagged statistics for this one)

At GWS he and Whitfield seem to be the main 2 guys teams will send a tagger to so this must be considered.

I have never seen Kelly tagged. Whitfield and Cogs usually get the attention before him which I find strange since Kelly is a better user than Cogs.

But speaking of Whitfield. I wonder if he steals kelly's points when they play to together. There was some evidence that happens with Whitfiled and Williams.

Great post. Definitley better less injury prone options at his price.

He barely played in the back half of the year due to injury. No big surprise he dropped off. If he stays fit he'll go 120+ in canter.

He barely played in the back half of the year due to injury. No big surprise he dropped off. If he stays fit he'll go 120+ in canter.
This argument doesn't stand up. He didn't have a preseason and his first game was round 3 coming off an injury so in both halves of the year he was coming in off an injury.

His role changing is what affected his scores the most.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

This argument doesn't stand up. He didn't have a preseason and his first game was round 3 coming off an injury so in both halves of the year he was coming in off an injury.

His role changing is what affected his scores the most.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
He had surgery in the offseason and was held back from starting in 2019 to build fitness. Ie. not actually injured.
He injured his calf later in the year and never scored the same afterwards.

Have Tom Green M7 for sure, but be prepared to switch him to M9 if not selected because Leon is a cnt. So keep Pickett M8 but have another who can score onfield , I'm going deep with Hately

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back