Position 2020 Midfielders

Which players are in your current team?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exciting year - there don’t appear to be any absolute locks.

Macrae, Neale, Fyfe, Cripps, Danger, Bont will all feature heavily.

Kelly for those happy to burn trades.’

Who else takes your fancy under 550k?

Yeah don't really need a genius to tell me Dunkley is overpriced.

I had Taranto all year this year and watched his average jump from 88 to 102. He's made the big leap now i'm jumping off in 2020.

Might pump his average up a few more points but i doubt he'll end up in 110 territory so there's not really much upside to starting him IMO.

Dustbin is clearly undervalued. Dangerspud routinely drops 150k each season at some point. In 2019 he dropped just under 190k from his starting price.

Yeah don't really need a genius to tell me Dunkley is overpriced.

I had Taranto all year this year and watched his average jump from 88 to 102. He's made the big leap now i'm jumping off in 2020.

Might pump his average up a few more points but i doubt he'll end up in 110 territory so there's not really much upside to starting him IMO.

Dustbin is clearly undervalued. Dangerspud routinely drops 150k each season at some point. In 2019 he dropped just under 190k from his starting price.

Disagree strongly. Dunkley played his first 6 games as a forward in 2019 and averaged 85.8. When moved into the middle he averaged 127.9 in the remaining 17 games.

There's no reason he wouldn't play the same amount of midfield time as he did in that 127 average period, so with him priced at an average of 116, his average midfield scoring output would have to drop off by 15+ points for him to be considered overpriced. Seems unlikely from a young player in a rising team.

Dunkley was the first picked player in my midfield and one of only a few absolute locks in my entire team.

Tim Kelly
Rory Sloane
Mr Coniglio
Kelly, for all his applauded performances as a "FWD" ...still only managed an ave of 103 with 12 tons from 22 games

Oliver, who had a "s**t" year ....averaged 109 with 14 tons from 22 games ......at $32K diff I think Oliver can improve on 2019 ...not sure Kelly will

Sloane IMO is on the wrong side of the "Bell Curve" .....30 YO at seasons start & has slowed down and getting battered .....will probably start the season well, consider as an upgrade option

Disagree strongly. Dunkley played his first 6 games as a forward in 2019 and averaged 85.8. When moved into the middle he averaged 127.9 in the remaining 17 games.

There's no reason he wouldn't play the same amount of midfield time as he did in that 127 average period, so with him priced at an average of 116, his average midfield scoring output would have to drop off by 15+ points for him to be considered overpriced. Seems unlikely from a young player in a rising team.

Dunkley was the first picked player in my midfield and one of only a few absolute locks in my entire team.

Unlike bulldog supporters, I don't instantly think Dunkley is a gun on the back of one impressive season in the guts.

Bont and Macrae are proven SC mid performers for the bulldogs, so why bother taking the risk on Dunkley continuing his amazing form?

You're at the mercy of Beveridge. Each to their own but I'll stick with the 2 dogs mids with more runs on the board as a safer bet.

I'm sure it's not a bad idea by any means, I just don't see any value in Dunkley.

Unlike bulldog supporters, I don't instantly think Dunkley is a gun on the back of one impressive season in the guts.

Bont and Macrae are proven SC mid performers for the bulldogs, so why bother taking the risk on Dunkley continuing his amazing form?

You're at the mercy of Beveridge. Each to their own but I'll stick with the 2 dogs mids with more runs on the board as a safer bet.

I'm sure it's not a bad idea by any means, I just don't see any value in Dunkley.
The same attitude would have prevented you from picking Macrae a couple of years ago. Take it from a dogs fan, he’s as safe as houses to continue in the same role, a role in which he out averaged every other player in the competition bar Grundy and Gawn. As if that wasn’t reason enough to pick him, he’s priced at 50k below that average.

This isn’t coming from Bulldogs bias, straightforward statistics make him the safest premium mid for 2020 for mine.

The same attitude would have prevented you from picking Macrae a couple of years ago. Take it from a dogs fan, he’s as safe as houses to continue in the same role, a role in which he out averaged every other player in the competition bar Grundy and Gawn. As if that wasn’t reason enough to pick him, he’s priced at 50k below that average.

This isn’t coming from Bulldogs bias, straightforward statistics make him the safest premium mid for 2020 for mine.
Safest premium MID is Neale IMO. Or Cripps

Did Brisbane pick up any experienced in and under clearance types?

Both pretty good calls. Neale had a bit of a down patch after I picked him up this year so maybe not as big on him as I should be, however both he and Cripps are currently in my starting midfield with Dunkley, Macrae and Danger.

Dunkley’s value just puts his ahead of the pack for mine.

Got tagged successfully in the later part of the season .....will tagging become more prevalent in 2020 ?

Neale worries me, if tagged

With Bulldogs, would Bont be the first player tagged ?

Got tagged successfully in the later part of the season .....will tagging become more prevalent in 2020 ?

I have similar thoughts re Neale.

He was elite at the start of the season when left unchecked, but I think teams will put much more effort into him in 2020.

Didn’t seem to cope as well with the hard tag.

He’s on my upgrade list of targets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd tag Zorko wouldn't ya? He actually hurts teams. Coaches are out to win games, not stop the other teams mids from scoring SC points.

Probably not starting Neale but will defs be looking to bring him in, will have to have a look at his draw later on.

Kelly, for all his applauded performances as a "FWD" ...still only managed an ave of 103 with 12 tons from 22 games

Oliver, who had a "s**t" year ....averaged 109 with 14 tons from 22 games ......at $32K diff I think Oliver can improve on 2019 ...not sure Kelly will

Sloane IMO is on the wrong side of the "Bell Curve" .....30 YO at seasons start & has slowed down and getting battered .....will probably start the season well, consider as an upgrade option
Very serious. Ban plz.

rocker_oz33

:moustache:

The only midfield locks I have so far are Cripps and Rowell.

Have to wait for the pre season games and so on to see who performs well.

I have a list of midfielders and don't want more than one per team if possible.

As far as the dogs go, I have a feeling they will be in for a good year.
Libba, Hunter, Smith, McLean - do they improve or switch with guys like Macrae, Bont, Dunkley.
Bevo likes to mix up the side so I will watch what they do will interest.

Looking at some breakout midfielders but Worpel in 2019 was an easy one with Titch going down.

I need a Pies mid and was hoping Adams would be my guy but he's sadly injured.

Decisions will be made when it's not 22degrees and 68% humidity after midnight......

Dunks averaged 109 over the final 9 games in 2018 when Bevo belatedly moved him to the guts, even though Dunkley had starred in the JLT in the midfield.

Rince and repeat in 2019 JLT yet Bevo still preferred Libba & Wallis as inside mids to start 2019 with Dunkley splitting time up forward. I trust Dunkley's scoring as a pure mid a hell of a lot more than I trust Bevo to always play him in his best postion.

Swear Brodies name gets thrown up every year 🤔

80 average last year from 8 games. I think he got injured early in one game, so take that 19 score out and his average is now 89

But what does the addition of another inside midfielder in Greenwood, who will play every game, do for him? Brodies position is hardly guaranteed.

Seems a nothing pick for mine. He's not a money maker and he's not a keeper, so you better hope he can average 95-100 to make it worth while at 435K

I'd take the punt on spuddy Hannebury before selecting Brodie. At least there's proven premo history, a 96 average from last year and is 20k cheaper.

Swear Brodies name gets thrown up every year 🤔

80 average last year from 8 games. I think he got injured early in one game, so take that 19 score out and his average is now 89

But what does the addition of another inside midfielder in Greenwood, who will play every game, do for him? Brodies position is hardly guaranteed.

Seems a nothing pick for mine. He's not a money maker and he's not a keeper, so you better hope he can average 95-100 to make it worth while at 435K

I'd take the punt on spuddy Hannebury before selecting Brodie. At least there's proven premo history, a 96 average from last year and is 20k cheaper.
Re Brodie ....the GC have just added 3 new midfielders ...Rowell, Anderson and Greenwood ....Flanders will start predominantly fwd .....lots of competition there & I'd still favor Rowell

Won't surprise if Brodie is on the move, club wise, at years end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back