Position 2020 Midfielders

Which players are in your current team?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You make good points, but I'm just starting to worry about his durability. I think Neale will score more in total even if Danger's average is higher, so that's the choice I made in relation to my last super premo mid.
Danger isn't the best Supercoach mid anymore and could well struggle to be top 10 this year. Averages are getting higher each year and his are dropping there are plenty of young guns now.

Think dangerflog will spend too much time forward to be as dangerous as he once was.
No one would entertain dusty if he was a mid only.
think they’ll score pretty similar.

Anyone feel like ranking the top 8 mids in their opinions with an average next to what you think they’ll score and how many games they’ll play?

Will be a bit of fun and be cool to see where everyone’s head is at regarding the midfield!

in all seriousness - I'm just sick of his rude head being in my side each year. Going with Treloar instead for a little more consistency (less scores under 100 last year ) and the POD factor

(i say all that now but come round 1 Dangerflog will probs be my Captain )

So u dont like rude heads but choose treloar......

Here’s my stab

macrae 125 22 game
Mitchell starts slow then builds to a 122 from 21 games misses one through soreness
Cripps 120 21 games
Bont 119 22 games
Neale 117 22 games
Jelly 116 19 games
Oliver 114/Dunkley 22 games
Fyfe 112 19 games

Other guys i see going 110 plus
Danger treloar yeo

105-110 guys gaff Merrett t Kelly clugg Whitfield Taranto boak Zorko Prestia

under 105
Worpel coniglio jpk pendles m crouch Sloane curnow

don’t feel anyone else is relevant

Anyone feel like ranking the top 8 mids in their opinions with an average next to what you think they’ll score and how many games they’ll play?

Will be a bit of fun and be cool to see where everyone’s head is at regarding the midfield!

I didnt something like that last year. I should look up the post to see how wrong I was...

Think dangerflog will spend too much time forward to be as dangerous as he once was.
No one would entertain dusty if he was a mid only.
think they’ll score pretty similar.
Like that Day he got heavily injured early and spent the rest of the game forward and booted something like 7 goals not that long ago?

Lol 😂

The more people that don’t start with him the better IMO!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like that Day he got heavily injured early and spent the rest of the game forward and booted something like 7 goals not that long ago?

Lol 😂

The more people that don’t start with him the better IMO!

Very hard to assess Danger. I agree with other posters... I think he is really close to that point where like all the SC greats of the past, he starts to fall off the cliff. And when he falls I expect he will fall fast because his game relies a lot on speed and strength.

That said he hasn't quite jumped off the precipice yet.

If things go right for him this year he could average 120+ and play every game and be in the running for the Brownlow.

Alternatively I could see increased forward time and an average of 100-105 and a lot of games where his body is far from 100%.

So which Danger will we get? I'm 40/60 or 30/70 towards starting him at this stage. I think he will get overtaken by the likes of Oliver and Dunkley.

Haven't changed my Mids for a few weeks now, looks beautiful :hearteyes:

1582670820846.png

Macrae to Dunkley is still a possibility
Serong is the only other that might change

Haven't changed my Mids for a few weeks now, looks beautiful :hearteyes:

View attachment 829197

Macrae to Dunkley is still a possibility
Serong is the only other that might change

Can I get your thoughts on Treloar this season mate ? I've always thought he to be more a DT player but I've gone with him this year on really just gut feel

Danger will be one of my first priorities to pick up but won't get him until he drops in price as he has done for the past few seasons.
Turns 30 this year and will cop more attention with Telly gone. Expecting him to bottom out around rounds 5-8 as he has the De Boer, Hutchings and possibly Steele tags in the first few rounds.

Danger1.PNG danger2.PNG Danger3.PNG

Can I get your thoughts on Treloar this season mate ? I've always thought he to be more a DT player but I've gone with him this year on really just gut feel
You're asking the wrong person lol, this is a bias opinion, he's my favourite player

He's about to be 27yo, hitting his peak. His kicking is getting better and better. His efficiency isn't as bad as people say it is, he averaged 33 touches last year and only 4 clangers. His overall efficiency figures are very high (yes I know he handballs a lot, but still...)

You're getting a 110-120 average from him. You're not going to VC/C him because of Grundy, but a set and forget MID premo sounds good to me

fwiw, if I didn't go for the Pies and love Treloar, I'd happily take Oliver for ~$20k less

You're asking the wrong person lol, this is a bias opinion, he's my favourite player

He's about to be 27yo, hitting his peak. His kicking is getting better and better. His efficiency isn't as bad as people say it is, he averaged 33 touches last year and only 4 clangers. His overall efficiency figures are very high (yes I know he handballs a lot, but still...)

You're getting a 110-120 average from him. You're not going to VC/C him because of Grundy, but a set and forget MID premo sounds good to me

fwiw, if I didn't go for the Pies and love Treloar, I'd happily take Oliver for ~$20k less
I'm on Treloar as a POD. He's been incredibly durable for a number of years now.

I'm going Treloar and Oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back