Interesting has
Hawks (Shiel)
North (Jacobs?)
Adelaide
Collingwood
Bulldogs

Doesn't look like too many hard tags there
exactly
He started way too fast last year and that's why he was getting attention nearly every week. Another year learning to deal with hard tags, it could work out well for him this year. If he starts this year well, but not in brownlow form, I think he can average 110.

Looks like ill be going into round 1 with 6 gun mids as i havent changed my starting midfielders for ages. Ive also managed to pay up for the expensive rookies in Rowell, Stephens & Serong. I've only made 1 minor change to my starting team since Marsh series started. My current midfield reads - Macrae, Treloar, Dunkley, Dangerfield, Neale, Titch, Rowell, Pickett (Stephens, Serong, Close)

Looking at players that arent quite in the upper echelon and i think there is some value available. I think Adams, McCluggage, Steele, Ed Curnow are priced under their potential. In saying that, they are priced such that you really want a decent improvement so you dont get stuck with them not making money or scoring enough points. Personally, if Adams wasnt injury prone id be all over him and i think McCluggage can do a Taranto and step up again. That said, is there too much risk involved?

Looks like ill be going into round 1 with 6 gun mids as i havent changed my starting midfielders for ages. Ive also managed to pay up for the expensive rookies in Rowell, Stephens & Serong. I've only made 1 minor change to my starting team since Marsh series started. My current midfield reads - Macrae, Treloar, Dunkley, Dangerfield, Neale, Titch, Rowell, Pickett (Stephens, Serong, Close)
That's a lot of $$$$ sitting on the bench. I'm sure there will be a few rookies pop up in the next couple of weeks.

exactly
He started way too fast last year and that's why he was getting attention nearly every week. Another year learning to deal with hard tags, it could work out well for him this year. If he starts this year well, but not in brownlow form, I think he can average 110.
Jacobs won't be playing for some time.

Finding it hard to split Steele and Tadams. Tadams got the previous scoring history but comes with an injury risk, but I do like at least one Collingwood player in my team to ease the pain of watching Treloar rack up every single week. Then there is Steele...feel like he is in for a big year, released from tagging duties apparently and loves a tackle

Finding it hard to split Steele and Tadams. Tadams got the previous scoring history but comes with an injury risk, but I do like at least one Collingwood player in my team to ease the pain of watching Treloar rack up every single week. Then there is Steele...feel like he is in for a big year, released from tagging duties apparently and loves a tackle

Steele for sure. Adams seems to do numerous soft tissue injuries every season. Too injury prone.

Another mid with huge upside is Tim Kelly, actually seems safer than both Tadams and Steele. The tag risk is there but the upside makes up for that, had a couple of 50s last year which I don't think will happen this year. He will be playing inside mid and getting fed by Naitanui. From all reports he has had a great preseason. Has a great ceiling and his floor will improve a lot this year. Will be this year's Taranto and go 110+ imo

Another mid with huge upside is Tim Kelly, actually seems safer than both Tadams and Steele. The tag risk is there but the upside makes up for that, had a couple of 50s last year which I don't think will happen this year. He will be playing inside mid and getting fed by Naitanui. From all reports he has had a great preseason. Has a great ceiling and his floor will improve a lot this year. Will be this year's Taranto and go 110+ imo

Had Kelly early on but feel he will cop the tag over Yeo and Shuey. I have gone with Gaff. Will be getting a heap of +6's this season, especially with Eagles a lock for top 4 imo. A fit Nic Nat and the addition of Kelly is huge.

Had Kelly early on but feel he will cop the tag over Yeo and Shuey. I have gone with Gaff. Will be getting a heap of +6's this season, especially with Eagles a lock for top 4 imo. A fit Nic Nat and the addition of Kelly is huge.
I'm worried about Gaff a little, he could be a pure wingman this year whereas last year he was also attending centre bounces and playing on ball. He'll still get +6s but probably not huge disposal numbers. I can't see him going 110 again this year. I'm going Kelly to save 100k but if I somehow find the cash then I'd still probably bail and go Gaff for safety.
My biggest improvement this year will come from simply not picking a spud in my top 4 mids. If I somehow avoid this year's Brayshaw I could be 15 pts better every week. In that sense, Gaff is very appealing.

I'm worried about Gaff a little, he could be a pure wingman this year whereas last year he was also attending centre bounces and playing on ball. He'll still get +6s but probably not huge disposal numbers. I can't see him going 110 again this year. I'm going Kelly to save 100k but if I somehow find the cash then I'd still probably bail and go Gaff for safety.
My biggest improvement this year will come from simply not picking a spud in my top 4 mids. If I somehow avoid this year's Brayshaw I could be 15 pts better every week. In that sense, Gaff is very appealing.
You must have been watching different West Coast games to the ones that I watched cause I never saw Gaff go into the centre bounce.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You must have been watching different West Coast games to the ones that I watched cause I never saw Gaff go into the centre bounce.
I meant to say just ordinary stoppages around the ground. I know he doesn't tackle but he still gets his disposal numbers up from those stoppages. Just worried that TK pushes him out even further to the wing, where I don't think he can average 110.

I meant to say just ordinary stoppages around the ground. I know he doesn't tackle but he still gets his disposal numbers up from those stoppages. Just worried that TK pushes him out even further to the wing, where I don't think he can average 110.
I'm not concerned. I don't see his role changing.

He attended about a third of our centre bounces. Not huge but he definitely was in there every game.
You would know CJ. It's probably fair to say I only really took notice of him after I brought him into my side last year. That was in the back third of the year.

Walsh is going to have a very big year
Not easy finding that underpriced mid that can average 105
It's Walsh vs Steele vs Tadams vs TKelly
Have currently got the order as:
1. TKelly
2. Walsh
3. Tadams
4. Steele

Walsh will average 100+ this season. He’s an absolute jet. Will play inside and outside and cop no attention. If he learns to tackle will push 110 avg.

Walsh is going to have a very big year
Not easy finding that underpriced mid that can average 105
It's Walsh vs Steele vs Tadams vs TKelly
Have currently got the order as:
1. TKelly
2. Walsh
3. Tadams
4. Steele

Adams is a walking injury. Just scratch him already

Is Rozee's role this year as a permanent midfielder or is he just filling in until others return?

I'd say he'll be 80-40/mid-fwd. Only Ollie Wines is currently out injured. He won't affect Rozee when he comes back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back