Position 2020 Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 3, 2011
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Man U, Jays, GS Warriors, Packers
Hopefully Titch pulls up in good shape for Round 1 to get him in. Will you go with the double-headed rookie monster at Metricon, Rowell and Anderson or just the one?

Hopefully Titch pulls up in good shape for Round 1 to get him in. Will you go with the double-headed rookie monster at Metricon, Rowell and Anderson or just the one?

Titch looks good to go. Everyone will start with him.
Everyone will start with Rowell and Pickett. Nailing your third rookie will be key. One of:
McHenry
Stephens
Anderson
Green
Serong
Will average 75+...its going to be a lotto picking the right one.

Titch looks good to go. Everyone will start with him.
Everyone will start with Rowell and Pickett. Nailing your third rookie will be key. One of:
McHenry
Stephens
Anderson
Green
Serong
Will average 75+...its going to be a lotto picking the right one.
It was only an intra club game. I wouldn't get carried away with Titch just yet.

just changed to 3 mid rookies on field instead of 2. Think Anderson is good enough to start with Rowell and Pickett. Allows me to get Lloyd in to strengthen defence.
Also made the switch from Cripps to Rocky, have a feeling Rocky starts well and drops an early 150. Has GC first up....could be anything. Then has adelaide, who he dropped a 150 average against in 2 games last year. He averaged 110 first 6 games last year including an injury affected 40 I think. High risk high reward option over Cripps, who may still have 60s and 70s when tagged.

Also made the switch from Cripps to Rocky, have a feeling Rocky starts well and drops an early 150. Has GC first up....could be anything. Then has adelaide, who he dropped a 150 average against in 2 games last year. He averaged 110 first 6 games last year including an injury affected 40 I think. High risk high reward option over Cripps, who may still have 60s and 70s when tagged.
High risk high reward is right! Rocky is just too injury prone for me to seriously consider him, and if I am paying over $700k I want that player to be a keeper.

Last year was the first year in a while that I resisted the urge to pick him, and watching him drop those bombs early was so painful.

just changed to 3 mid rookies on field instead of 2. Think Anderson is good enough to start with Rowell and Pickett. Allows me to get Lloyd in to strengthen defence.
I thought I was being gutsy starting with Brayshaw, but!!!
History repeating itself. :p

I thought I was being gutsy starting with Brayshaw, but!!!
History repeating itself. :p
this time it will be Cripps with the early 150+ and me trading Rocky for Cripps, and then getting punished for it when Cripps goes down the following week

I still think starting Brayspud is a big mistake, he's already re-injured his elbow this preseason and is having a restricted preseason. His TOG could be even lower than normal to start the year. Will be a very long year having to watch him every week. At least with Rocky you know that he can find the ball and his teammates always kick it to him, they actually acknowledge him as a Pig. When he gets injured I can trade him out- quick pain. When Bray spuds up one week you have to hold and back him in and watch your season slip away

High risk high reward is right! Rocky is just too injury prone for me to seriously consider him, and if I am paying over $700k I want that player to be a keeper.

Last year was the first year in a while that I resisted the urge to pick him, and watching him drop those bombs early was so painful.
Fair points. If he starts the year with a bang again then I reckon a few will be tempted again, even a 150 in one of the Marsh series games could tempt a few. I think he is capable of going at 110 until the byes

Gaff or Brouch or Mrouch?

I've had Gaff since the start but now seriously thinking about Brouch. Served me so well last year but now that he isn't value, nobody seems to want to pick him. He's a midfielder that gets heaps of the ball, doesn't get tagged and tackles...so ticks every box.

Mrouch probably doesn't hit 120+ enough but he did end the year with a couple of 150s

I've had Gaff since the start but now seriously thinking about Brouch. Served me so well last year but now that he isn't value, nobody seems to want to pick him. He's a midfielder that gets heaps of the ball, doesn't get tagged and tackles...so ticks every box.

Mrouch probably doesn't hit 120+ enough but he did end the year with a couple of 150s

If Brouch has another injury free season then he’s going to be gold. Definitely one on my radar now that he seems to be able to get out on the park more.

Before 2019, Brad Crouch had missed 2 of the last 6 seasons and in those seasons he did play he still missed 5-10 games each season.

If you told me that Brad Crouch would play every game of the 2019 season, I would have picked him in a heartbeat. The bloke is a proven scorer... when he is out on the park.

I'm not sure I'm ready to take the plunge just yet. Especially if you are comparing him to Andrew Gaff, who has missed just the one game due to injury in his entire career (the week after he was KO'ed by Jonas). And I think the inclusion of Tim Kelly will see Gaff getting more of those +6s on the outside.

Who you choose will of course also depend on whether you are taking risks in other areas. If you already have a fair few durable, consistent types, then maybe Crouch over Gaff is worth it. Even though Gaff had the higher average last year, I feel there is more room for Crouch to improve and outscore Gaff over the season...he just needs to stay fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before 2019, Brad Crouch had missed 2 of the last 6 seasons and in those seasons he did play he still missed 5-10 games each season.

If you told me that Brad Crouch would play every game of the 2019 season, I would have picked him in a heartbeat. The bloke is a proven scorer... when he is out on the park.

I'm not sure I'm ready to take the plunge just yet. Especially if you are comparing him to Andrew Gaff, who has missed just the one game due to injury in his entire career (the week after he was KO'ed by Jonas). And I think the inclusion of Tim Kelly will see Gaff getting more of those +6s on the outside.

Who you choose will of course also depend on whether you are taking risks in other areas. If you already have a fair few durable, consistent types, then maybe Crouch over Gaff is worth it. Even though Gaff had the higher average last year, I feel there is more room for Crouch to improve and outscore Gaff over the season...he just needs to stay fit.
I love the consistency of Gaff. You know he's going to play every week and although you're not likely to get too many scores over 120, you also know that you will get very few under 90. I've got other players who have the high ceiling but you always have that uncomfortable feeling as to if they cop a heavy tag, they may only score 60 or so. Don't have to worry about that with Gaff.

I have Gaff at the moment and really like his consistency. Just feel Brough can go close to 115 whereas Gaff is 110 at best. Starting Rocky though so need some stability...Gaff is good for that.

Never again...once the season starts he will decide not to kick, Mark or tackle..much like Cripps every second game he plays
He's going to have another really huge start to the season though. I'm starting him in fantasy just in case, to ease the pain in RDT. Neale has potential to be Titch-like, plays only inside mid and high TOG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back