2020 Midpricers

ForeverHardcore

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
What's the upside? Did he get time at centre bounces? Or was he just driving off half back?
More so the role he played
As a driving running half back with 8 centre bounces attended
He didn’t lay a tackle and only had 2 marks. Both those numbers will improve come the main games and at 402k and third year breakout potential I see him as an important part of the saints future much like Dawson at Sydney. Both will improve as they’re now locks in the 22 and players with good roles that there teams will look too in 2020
You get a 90 average from clark at 402k over laird at 525k with say a 95 it’s only 5 points and can transform a few dud rookies to higher players that will get games. Ala McHenry to serong and say a Mitch hibberd to Stephens if you didn’t have them. All comes down to structure and what you’re willing to risk I guess

MagicGnome97

Senior List
Sep 6, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm super against mid pricers, but I'm seriously considering MacPherson (Gold Coast) and Dawson (Sydney). Also Dylan Roberton as a cash cow mainly. Thoughts people?!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

pincrusher

Spec Moderator
Jul 14, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
Really looking forward to seeing how the pom goes against the port rucks today. They reckon he's been huge in the pre season. Seriously considering him at the moment as a cheaper ruck to the Gawndy combo. Will see how he goes today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Souup

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2005
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills, Tottenham, Mavericks
Jack Darling tickles my pickle this year...
My F2. The notion that picking a key forward is a bad idea means no one is talking about him. Been a top 8 forward 2 years running for total points and I can only see his average increasing with the team improving due to Tim Kelly and Naitanui entering the fray.

Had an excellent preseason too only slightly affected due to a broken cheekbone which won't affect his ability to keep his fitness base up or keep him away from any ball work. In his prime from an age perspective too.

Get on board

pincrusher

Spec Moderator
Jul 14, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS Giants
Brayshaw, Harmes, Jones, Oliver, Petracca. Can't all be full-time mids. Who gets moved on?
Harmes has already been quoted as saying he's moving to the backline this year to allow Trac to play full time mid. Can't be bothered trying to find it though. Played in defence last night according to FF.

SkillsMachine

Rookie
Mar 6, 2020
AFL Club
Melbourne
My F2. The notion that picking a key forward is a bad idea means no one is talking about him. Been a top 8 forward 2 years running for total points and I can only see his average increasing with the team improving due to Tim Kelly and Naitanui entering the fray.

Had an excellent preseason too only slightly affected due to a broken cheekbone which won't affect his ability to keep his fitness base up or keep him away from any ball work. In his prime from an age perspective too.

Get on board
Exactly mate. Think he was headed for a better average last year until an early injury or something? Also with Kennedy slowing down he will keep stepping up. AA last year should help his confidence although he still drops handballs in the goal square and spud-like things occasionally.

Here2tellyouwhy

SA GREAT
Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Eagles
I have some runs on the board sir ;) A top 10 finish. I haven't picked him before but IMO he's trending towards a big scoring year.
Two years ago he was the highest scoring player for the first 9 rounds. Could definitely go nuts especially if we play teams early who are not equipped to deal with three Key forwards

LukasTheGreat

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Manchester United
Two years ago he was the highest scoring player for the first 9 rounds. Could definitely go nuts especially if we play teams early who are not equipped to deal with three Key forwards
Also had games of 42, 14 and - 1. Granted was injured early but that could also be a slight against him.

Also had an uninjured 39.

Last year he had back to back scores of 9 and 22. Not worth the stress tbh.

Here2tellyouwhy

SA GREAT
Sep 3, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Eagles
Also had games of 42, 14 and - 1. Granted was injured early but that could also be a slight against him.

Also had an uninjured 39.

Last year he had back to back scores of 9 and 22. Not worth the stress tbh.
Agreed. I havent even considered him after last years 9 he can GAGF

Would rather JJK. Such a sexy bearded god

Top Bottom