2020 Midpricers

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone from North care to give me a read on Jy Simpkin?

When he plays around the footy he scores well for his price.

I've had Simpkin locked in my side since before I could even start one but his pre-season has seen me drop him... for the same money there's better options up forward, such as Brayshaw.

I've had Simpkin locked in my side since before I could even start one but his pre-season has seen me drop him... for the same money there's better options up forward, such as Brayshaw.

Got Brayshaw already ;)

Don't like Steven either for a variety of reasons.

What are the arguments against Steven? I reckon he's a steal at that price
Are you thinking they won't play him in the mids?
Assume it's purely the health concerns. Soft tissue injuries, plus the mental health stuff. He'll average 90 at an absolute minimum if he can stay on the field

What are the arguments against Steven? I reckon he's a steal at that price
Are you thinking they won't play him in the mids?

The Cats looked for him absolutely every time they had it on the weekend.

That won't last.

That plus his calf and the fact he physically looked heavy leads me to believe he'll be rested at times if not injured.

Yes, all of them.

giphy.gif

Ron Howard's brother?

The Cats looked for him absolutely every time they had it on the weekend.

That won't last.

That plus his calf and the fact he physically looked heavy leads me to believe he'll be rested at times if not injured.

He looked fine to me for his first hit out. 100pts from 65% TOG & will only keep building. Duncan’s inj, TK’s gone, they didn’t trade for him to sit on a flank.

He looked fine to me for his first hit out. 100pts from 65% TOG & will only keep building. Duncan’s inj, TK’s gone, they didn’t trade for him to sit on a flank.

He probably looked fine for you because you're obese too ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ben Long an intriguing prospect...

I'd say he's in front of Shane Savage at this stage, but I'm not sure he's in front of a fully fit Jimmy Webster. He may be a better fit with Geary playing than Webster is though.

He's probably a slightly better than 50% chance of playing the first 5 games?

I'd say he's in front of Shane Savage at this stage, but I'm not sure he's in front of a fully fit Jimmy Webster. He may be a better fit with Geary playing than Webster is though.

Cheers. Have kept an interest in him as a former Footscray VFL player, the eyeball test suggest he has ability.

Long will play 22 games this year barring injury. The bloke is loved by Ratts, guaranteed to play that running role off half back.

They would sooner move Savage up to a wing than drop Long for him.

Why I'm starting Jackson Hately.

Contrary to what we know as a rule for the midfield, I'm starting a mid pricer who will only be a stepping stone, but comes with a risk for sure.
Leon Cameron will stuff me over by dropping him R2 when Ward and Williams return but actually not, I think.

Hately basically replaces Taranto.
Tom Green may have something to say about that, but I think Hately has "earned his stripes" in Cameron speak.

Marsh is meh, but never the less, Hately at $301k compares well to more expensive speculatives like Dev, Brayshaw and MacPherson, even though I'm starting all those three also.

Marsh ave 110.5 from 74%TOG ave.(Best in price range 300k - 510k was McCluggage 122, MacPherson 129.5 and Petracca 130)
Points per 1% TOG = 1.51. (Best in price range 300k - 510k was McCluggage 1.55 and MacPherson also 1.51)
Disposals per 1% TOG = 0.36. (Best in price range 300k to 510k was Parish and MacPherson also with 0.36)

The bonus is , Hately's price of 301k, which allows enough potential growth to give you a profitable get-out swap trade at R14 GWS bye, while hopefully pocketing an ave of 85 +.

Last edited:
Why I'm starting Jackson Hately.

Contrary to what we know as a rule for the midfield, I'm starting a mid pricer who will only be a stepping stone, but comes with a risk for sure.
Leon Cameron will stuff me over by dropping him R2 when Ward and Williams return but actually not, I think.

Hately basically replaces Taranto.
Tom Green may have something to say about that, but I think Hately has "earned his stripes" in Cameron speak.

Marsh is meh, but never the less, Hately at $301k compares well to more expensive speculatives like Dev, Brayshaw and MacPherson, even though I'm starting all those three also.

Marsh ave 110.5 from 74%TOG ave.(Best in price range 300k - 510k was McCluggage 122, MacPherson 129.5 and Petracca 130)
Points per 1% TOG = 1.51. (Best in price range 300k - 510k was McCluggage 1.55 and MacPherson also 1.51)
Disposals per 1% TOG = 0.36. (Best in price range 300k to 510k was Parish and MacPherson also with 0.36)

The bonus is , Hately's price of 301k, which allows enough potential growth to give you a profitable get-out swap trade at R14 GWS bye, while hopefully pocketing an ave of 85 +.
Thinking of doing the same
I read something on the Giants board that Cogs said in an interview it would be good to have a big midfielder in the mould of Cripps/Bont. Green and Hately are ~190cm and solid, so they fit that. History says Cameron prefers to play the older players with more experience and extra preseasons, for that reason I reckon Hately will play. I think he's best 22 right now, straight up taking TT's spot. I still think Green plays around 1, but after that it's unknown

can someone do me a solid and talk me both into and out of Dylan Roberton (without context that's a hell of a sentence)

He's currently in my side but i'm starting to waiver

can someone do me a solid and talk me both into and out of Dylan Roberton (without context that's a hell of a sentence)

Options in defence cheaper

For:
-Only $260k
-will play every game if he stays on the field
-2/3 of his last full seasons he played 20+ games and averaged 90+
-he had a knee injury in 2016 which hurt his season average
-should take some kick-ins, new rule = more stats
-intercept marks
-even if he only averages 75, you still make some money and can use him as a stepping stone to a premo

Against:
-hasn't played for almost 2 years
-major heart issue
-may not play loose as the Saints defence has strengthened
-if he only averages 75, you will only make a small amount of money and waste a trade upgrading him

For:
-Only $260k
-will play every game if he stays on the field
-2/3 of his last full seasons he played 20+ games and averaged 90+
-he had a knee injury in 2016 which hurt his season average
-should take some kick-ins, new rule = more stats
-intercept marks
-even if he only averages 75, you still make some money and can use him as a stepping stone to a premo

Against:
-hasn't played for almost 2 years
-major heart issue
-may not play loose as the Saints defence has strengthened
-if he only averages 75, you will only make a small amount of money and waste a trade upgrading him

this was a great reply

Cheers mate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back