2020 Midpricers

Watts4Dinner

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2012
Licking Vince’s Date.
AFL Club
Geelong
Tom Lynch is underpriced based on his average for the second half of the season. He's a KPF. I'm considering him. Crazy?

Averaged 100 last 10, maybe people are put off by the ups and downs of a key forward. 2nd year at the club, he’s going to be more comfortable in his surroundings. He might be the really obvious pick 10 weeks in when Richmond are 10-0 winning games by plenty. He’s not going to be starved of opportunity very often I wouldn’t think...

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Averaged 100 last 10, maybe people are put off by the ups and downs of a key forward. 2nd year at the club, he’s going to be more comfortable in his surroundings. He might be the really obvious pick 10 weeks in when Richmond are 10-0 winning games by plenty. He’s not going to be starved of opportunity very often I wouldn’t think...
Tom McDonald should be in that conversation as well.

Currently at F3 behind Petracca and Ceglar. No mid-pricers anywhere else on the ground but running a few in the forwardline (have Dev Smith too).

Goddard was better than 90% of his teammates in every team he was in tbf.

100% by the time he got to the Dons and was cooked.
Good point.

Battlepants

All Australian
Feb 6, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
Whats happening with Sam Manygoala? Didn’t play game 1, I assumed he would be back with big midfield mins but players like Narkle and Constable are now popping up, now im not so sure.

I was considering Menegola as well early on. But just about every best 22 I've seen, including those from Geelong fans, don't have him in it.

Seems like he's out of favor.

Somehow ended up with 8 players between $260k and $485k

giphy.gif

I run with 6-8 mid-pricers most years. This year is no different, there is plenty of value around if you're looking for it. Not saying the list below are all Rd1 options, but certainly worth considering if their pre-season and or early season form warrant it.

*Currently in my side
*Watchlist

N Naitanui (457k)
R Gray
Angus Brayshaw
H Andrews
T English
C Mills
S Petrevski-Seton
K Simpson
S Menegola
P Lipinski
S Docherty
J Westhoff
S Stack
J Howe
H Clark
C Rozee
D Hannebery
Bailey Smith
C Wingard
C Blakely
W Milera
A Witherden
Tom Lynch (Rich)

T McDonald
J Simpkin
Andrew Brayshaw
J Riewoldt

O Florent
J Steven
J Webster
LDU
P Ahern
Devon Smith
JJ Kennedy
Z Fisher
W Setterfield
J Hogan
G Birchall
T Doedee
D Roberton

B Sier (242k)
I'm thinking of applying your previous strategy.

MPM team & $300k in the bank

But, that $300k is so hard to leave in the bank.

So tell me again, why is it a good idea to leave that much in the bank? VS E.g. you can field better rookies if you spend more

I'm thinking of applying your previous strategy.

MPM team & $300k in the bank

But, that $300k is so hard to leave in the bank.

So tell me again, why is it a good idea to leave that much in the bank? VS E.g. you can field better rookies if you spend more

For me, there's simply no reason to leave that much in the bank.

I consider it every year and come up with the same answer. Why? So that if someone starts the season hot, you can immediately upgrade to them? Well, you've effectively started the season $300K short of the rest of the teams and have made 1 trade, which essentially is the same as someone starting with a premium and pivoting to the premium you traded in anyway.

You shouldn't really need any more in the bank than enough for a couple of sideways pivots (e.g. injury, missing out on a must have rookie etc.) in the first handful of rounds. Anything after that you can plan for with downgrades.

$50k-$100k seems optimal to me but what do I know. :sweatsmile:

Sep 9, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Watching the replay of the saints hawks game
The upside in clark at 402k is insane

Any opinions further guys?
Have laird Sicily Houston and docherty atm
My backline was so weak last year I’m making sure I start strong but getting value players like clark as pods can be a real rankings booster if it pays off.

fire away 🔥

My backline was so weak last year I’m making sure I start strong but getting value players like clark as pods can be a real rankings booster if it pays off.

fire away 🔥
What's the upside? Did he get time at centre bounces? Or was he just driving off half back?

fire away 🔥
Keep an eye on Brandon Zerk-Thatcher for the Bombers he will be there new centre half back and Hooker forward.

fire away 🔥
Right, but what is his role if Roberton is in? I learnt the Dom Sheed lesson last season. Looked a million bucks in pre-season. Then his role and position got changed and he turned into a ****-truck.

Be careful of pre-season form! Clark had a few big scores last season, but also some stinkers. Maybe the game Vs hawks was just one of this good ones, and not indicative of a big improvement.

Will play as a lock down defender imo therefore cant see him scoring well.
Not many Rookies are going to be breaking down the door at the start if you can get (I Know) Key position defender who will play then maybe worth a go. BE 35 so if he can average 60 but hold his spot then worth the risk.

Back